The Bicycle Thread

2010/11 GIANT XTC 1

Nice...

I'm in the market for a 29er myself but I'm tall and it's hard finding XL or Large size frames on the used market.

Those Giant XTC's are really well reviewed and hold there value pretty good too.

I'm eyeing this Cannondale Flash 29er wtih a lefty fork, but dude doesn't want to budge on his $1200 price :smh: even though he's had it up for sale for a couple of weeks now.

I'll see how it goes and to add to that wifey is going to flip if she finds out I'm even thinking of G money bikes :lol: she thinks the stuff they sell at Walmart and Target it more than good.

And I know you're going to read this bozo since you're NT stalking me now.

:O lol to that spinergy. people still ride with those? :nerd: Also is that an aerospoke? I remember I wanted one so badly at one point, are they heavy? My rear wheel right now is a O8 super deep v, it's sorta heavy. As for mismatched wheels, I like it lighter in the front than the back. My dream rim set though is a pair of Mavic Open Pros, which I should have had made by now :smh:

aerospokes weigh a ton! I've had both front and back (not at the same time). it's less noticeable in the back.

Serious question for you bike guys. whats the deal with the different wheels not matching ? Is there a logical reason or is it just cosmetic? 

It's all about aerodynamics. Usually you see time trial bikes or track bikes using disc wheels, a lot less drag with a disc wheel compared to your typical spoked wheel. Time trial bikes usually have a disc wheel in the rear while track bikes will sometimes have both front and rear wheels with discs. Downside to disc wheels is getting hit with crosswinds if you are using it outdoors. Get hit with a strong gust and you can blow right off the road. I have 50mm carbon wheels on my road bike and on downhills i've got hit with some wind and you get blown around a bit but nothing too bad. I'm a lightweight at only 150 pounds so it tends to affect me more than a heavier rider.

Time trial bike example

Track bike

Nice...

I'm in the market for a 29er myself but I'm tall and it's hard finding XL or Large size frames on the used market.

Those Giant XTC's are really well reviewed and hold there value pretty good too.

I'm eyeing this Cannondale Flash 29er wtih a lefty fork, but dude doesn't want to budge on his $1200 price
mean.gif
even though he's had it up for sale for a couple of weeks now.

I'll see how it goes and to add to that wifey is going to flip if she finds out I'm even thinking of G money bikes
laugh.gif
she thinks the stuff they sell at Walmart and Target it more than good.

I LOVE IT!!! A friend asked me to sell it to her. I said nothing under $1500...

I am 6' / 6'1" and this is a medium frame....Perfect fit!

Lefty forks are nice but the repair costs are very high from what I understand.

Also did you just compliment me and DIS me in one post?
nerd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
:wow: a spinergy death wheel!

yea, i came up on a spinergy wheelset for the low & i am not fast so fingers crossed they hold up (and supposedly it the 1st gen wheels that were really bad, & subsequent iterations somewhat fixed that problem)...for me it was much more about building a bike to move around the city in that looked good and i just was into the look those wheels

:O lol to that spinergy. people still ride with those? :nerd: Also is that an aerospoke? I remember I wanted one so badly at one point, are they heavy? My rear wheel right now is a O8 super deep v, it's sorta heavy. As for mismatched wheels, I like it lighter in the front than the back. My dream rim set though is a pair of Mavic Open Pros, which I should have had made by now :smh:

the aerospoke is crazy heavy...

Can anyone link me to some affordable (less than $30) front brakes? Thanks in advance!

Nice...

I'm eyeing this Cannondale Flash 29er wtih a lefty fork, but dude doesn't want to budge on his $1200 price :smh: even though he's had it up for sale for a couple of weeks now.

I'll see how it goes and to add to that wifey is going to flip if she finds out I'm even thinking of G money bikes :lol: she thinks the stuff they sell at Walmart and Target it more than good.

I LOVE IT!!! A friend asked me to sell it to her. I said nothing under $1500...

I am 6' / 6'1" and this is a medium frame....Perfect fit!

Lefty forks are nice but the repair costs are very high from what I understand.

Also did you just compliment me and DIS me in one post? :nerd:

What nothing less than $1500... you're wildin though a brand new XTC is like $1500 hardtail at least :lol: I don't blame you though... get it how you can.

I wasn't dissing you though that line about NT stalking me is towards my girl she now comes on NT and searches my name to see everything that I post on here :smh:

Crazy B I told her to stop it, but I always catch her when I go on her laptop.

**** is the worse man I feel like I have to censor what I say on here now because anything about a video vixen or any chick I compliment she gets mad.

I need a road bike FAST..

I don't wanna get something expensive right now.

I'm only going to spend 200 or less just to see how much I use it and how much I actually like riding.

With that price point my options or limited and I'm not expecting anything impressive.

I'll be doing around 13-15 miles a week on it, just to class.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want a Brooks, Rice? dannng

^--just googled a pic, but my friend has the same exact one. The B17. When I rode his bike, the saddle was stiff as hell, but comfy. I used to ride with a Turbo saddle cus I thought it was cool :smh: but that saddle rides up your *** more, and I feel like the Brooks doesn't move at all when riding. Only thing I didn't like is the clicking and creaking. Might have been the leather or something.

You want a Brooks, Rice? dannng

^--just googled a pic, but my friend has the same exact one. The B17. When I rode his bike, the saddle was stiff as hell, but comfy. I used to ride with a Turbo saddle cus I thought it was cool :smh: but that saddle rides up your *** more, and I feel like the Brooks doesn't move at all when riding. Only thing I didn't like is the clicking and creaking. Might have been the leather or something.
:lol: i have a brooks same model B17 on the front page, but yeah mines is stiff as hell too might have purchase some proofide. Just wanted to look at what it's suppose to look like "worn in" but yeah you're right.. I creaking was annoying at first but I got used to it..

Damn, a whale rode that saddle down.

I always wanted one of those! haha Cmon dude save you like a couple grams while riding! :lol:

I ride my stock Specialized haha. Road the Turbo for awhile. :smh: Shoulda just got a real saddle

From what I've heard brooks are a pain in the *** to beak in (literally :lol:), but once broken in they great. Never brave enough to try one myself.

For the road bike I have a Selle Italia SLR

And for the fixed gear I have a Fizik Arione

(Not my pics)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom