The 48 Laws of Power

Right, funny folks just don't KNOW that they are doing it/having it done to them. Everything is about manipulation and getting people to do what you want to do. Just the way the world is man. We all use and get used. Deal with it.

All this

One of the more overrated books in circulation.
I think it's funny how majority of people read it, think they're some masters of power, yet continue on with their meaningless, materialistic lives. No, listing 48 Laws of Power as one of your favorite books on FB does not make you look good.
The author thanks you for your patronage and laughs while you read his book of history notes, that reads like the revenge fantasy of a angry, lonely high school kid.
Fixed and repped.

I see this twaddle on the reading list of many poorly educated pseudo-intellectuals, who have convinced themselves that they are "doing it" after struggling through what is nothing more than a repackaging of old ideas.

Yes, it's good to be aware of what lurks in the hearts of men, but to use this as your frame of reference or guide to living means you've failed from the outset.

Laws of Illusion, manipulation and deception... :smh:
People that buy into this crap just don't realize that this BS might fly for a while but in the end these "laws" are nothing but a road to ruin.

Agreed, even the most powerful fall or fail on a regular basis.

I think most people are too literal about this book and Greene actually addresses that.
I actually am a very nice person and like to believe that I am genuine. When it comes to this book, tho, I just take what I get out of it and leave it at that.
What I get out of it is: No matter what kind of person you are, no matter how kind or whatever, people that are relevant or irrelevant to you will try to f*** with you no matter what you do. Find out who they are and be weary of them. Always be 5 steps ahead just for the sake of protecting yourself. Control your emotions and don't be predictable by any means because you WILL be manipulated by those who are one up from you.
That is basically what I got out off it.
A lot of truth is this book tho. I honestly believe that Greene wrote about a lot of things that we already know. He just put it into very bold straight forward text. And I think the reason why a lot of people are uncomfortable with it is because it is indeed true.

Absolutely I'm looking through these laws (Never read the entire book) and it seems like it's stuff that most people should know or practice. I also agree with damn near everything 50 has to say in that video especially when he's talking about the balance btwn the hood and corporate america to succeed you ALWAYS have to be aware of what's around you and who you affiliate with.

Nobody likes a ball hog... everyone likes a team player

Anyone ever stop to think the "111um1nat1" established these "laws" to filter out undesirables that cant be trusted ? I swear people I see that get wrapped up in this stuff always end up sacrificing their long term reputation for short term success.

The Eye atop the pyramid... like the eye of the hurricane is peaceful amongst a sea of savagery

A tight knit group sustains power by sticking together and making inclusive decisions on what is best for the cohort... common people fall for the illusion that the road to success is turning against each other through self serving behavior.

Back
Top Bottom