The 48 Laws of Power

greene_mastery.jpg

Got my copy today..

I was going to get my copy the other day and only saw hardcovers. Do they have paperback covers already? :nerd:

-Drew

Last edited:
You guys should just try downloading the sample .pdfs from the itunes/android/amazon/etc. It'll give you a better sense of the guy's writing.

-Drew

ive had this book for months now but never really cracked it open lol. do you guys read everything on each page? meaning all of the side notes and extra stories?

ive had this book for months now but never really cracked it open lol. do you guys read everything on each page? meaning all of the side notes and extra stories?

Yup. Well worth the knowledge.

-Drew

The Art of Seduction is a great read...as with all books by Robert Greene he gives you real word examples of individuals who mastered particular traits related to seduction.

For instance...The Star, The Rake, and The Charmer are three of many types covered in the book.

I particularly like the part on The Charismatic...and this chapter focused on what made Malcolm X so appealing, and the chapter ends with the eulogy given by Ossie Davis. :pimp:

He talks about how Marilyn Monroe played around with her image and spoke in a manner that was very seductive...he said this took countless hours of practice to master being a seductress.

Check it out...I personally find it more appealing than the 48 laws.

Currently reading Mastery now.

^Just got that book on audio. Heard nothing but good things about it, Warren Buffet said it changed his life. Will read the actual book of 48 Laws of Power for stories and side notes soon.

One of the more overrated books in circulation.

I think it's funny how majority of people read it, think they're some masters of power, yet continue on with their meaningless, materialistic lives. No, listing 48 Laws of Power as one of your favorite books on FB does not make you look good.

The author thanks you for your patronage and laughs while you read his book of history notes.

Last edited:

I think it's funny how majority of people read it, think they're some masters of power, yet continue on with their meaningless, materialistic lives. No, listing 48 Laws of Power as one of your favorite books on FB does not make you look good.

The author thanks you for your patronage and laughs while you read his book of history notes.

As a rule, anything that is popular and is intended for mass consumption is mostly bs.

As a rule, anything that is popular and is intended for mass consumption is mostly bs.

QFT. Still a decent read nonetheless.

lol these super sensitive people..."people really do this to each other!!" T_T

people have been doing this stuff since the dawn of time the book just shows prime examples of how these teachings have been used, this isnt a step by step booklet on how to have mind control over people it's just examples of power and the methods used by various figures and others in the past dating back several centuries and currently.

the art of seduction is an excellent read i started it and someone at work snatched it outta my locker..
laugh.gif

have yet to check out mastery, but the next one i will get is the 33 strategies of war.

48 Laws is a solid read.

I finished 50th Law, it was ok and you see how 50 has done a lot of this type of stuff in his career. But seeing his recent missteps is probably a bigger cautionary tale.

I started on 33 strategies of war and Mastery.

I don't see how people demonize these type of books. The world is based on power relations, better to know the game. A lot of people live by these laws subconsciously anyway.

48 Laws is a solid read.

I finished 50th Law, it was ok and you see how 50 has done a lot of this type of stuff in his career. But seeing his recent missteps is probably a bigger cautionary tale.

I started on 33 strategies of war and Mastery.

I don't see how people demonize these type of books. The world is based on power relations, better to know the game. A lot of people live by these laws subconsciously anyway.

I think theyre just saying that the book is overrated. Or that often times those who read it think they all of a sudden have an upper hand in life, just to end up going about their normal lives.

Yeah but just because people read it and think they are cool because they have it in their fb doesn't dilute the work, or make it overrated. It's still a pretty great piece of literature. There's a few laws and chapters I disagree with, but nevertheless, still a great compilation of rules.

Dale Carnegie's work is amazing.

lol these super sensitive people..."people really do this to each other!!" T_T

people have been doing this stuff since the dawn of time the book just shows prime examples of how these teachings have been used, this isnt a step by step booklet on how to have mind control over people it's just examples of power and the methods used by various figures and others in the past dating back several centuries and currently.

the art of seduction is an excellent read i started it and someone at work snatched it outta my locker..:lol:

have yet to check out mastery, but the next one i will get is the 33 strategies of war.
Right, funny folks just don't KNOW that they are doing it/having it done to them. Everything is about manipulation and getting people to do what you want to do. Just the way the world is man. We all use and get used. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom