The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's one of those things where I'll just have to see them actually be beat in order to believe it then.

They definitely have issues on the defensive end. Serious issues. Rim protection in particular is virtually non existent and K Love not being able to defend his position can potentially be extremely problematic. Lebron still hasn't returned to the elite wing defender he was two years ago.

That being said, I just can't see how if they are healthy, anyone beats them. I think they'll have it together come playoff time. Regardless of their seed, they just have too much talent to lose in a series against anyone in the east. Lebron, Love, and Irving will simply be too heavy. I think by playoff time Lebron will be fully there on both ends of the ball and they'll be in sync with each other completely.

I've seen blatt run some really good innovative sets with the Cavs and he's got them getting some really good stuff on the offensive end. Once they start gelling, they'll start to get a serious run going and heading into the playoffs, they just won't lose.

The Bulls have been impressive, mainly Jimmy Butler's ascent. He is simply fantastic to me. He's shown that he can do it all on the offensive end and has become that go to wing scorer with size that they've needed for almost half a decade.

bruh..miami was ******* scary. a legit juggernaut... this cleveland team..fool's gold. Looks good with the big names and flash, but the flaws a pretty evident, and are things that don't just go away with a quick fix. There are definitely teams in the east that can beat them. Hell I think Washington can. Beal and Wall have to go for more than 10 and 6 of course.

Isn't the Bulls defense supposed to be their strong point? Particularly the front court?

Did you all not see what Nene and Gortat did to their front court in the playoffs? And now Pau is down there?

Remind me why the Wizards should fear the Bulls again...

Nene and Gortat cant play the whole, tho. the difference is the Bulls are a legit 10 strong. Once Nene and Gortat hit that pine its a big time drop off.

In other news, we go into December winning 6 of 7, and have a pretty favorable schedule for this month. Love the fact that the schedule gods have allowed us to work out our kinks with this plethora of east coast / bad teams in the process. Nothing like being able to work on your stuff while improving your standing in the western conference simultaneously.

bruh..miami was ******* scary. a legit juggernaut... this cleveland team..fool's gold. Looks good with the big names and flash, but the flaws a pretty evident, and are things that don't just go away with a quick fix. There are definitely teams in the east that can beat them. Hell I think Washington can. Beal and Wall have to go for more than 10 and 6 of course.

How do you know they are fool's gold man? We aren't even 20 games into the season :lol: :lol:

Blatt is gonna be ******** bricks come playoff time.

Regular season d vs playoff d is a big time difference...the Big boys separate themselves after that first round.

Cavs dont have it on the defensive side, Miami were savages during the playoffs in defensive stretches.

Blatt is gonna be ******** bricks come playoff time.

Regular season d vs playoff d is a big time difference...the Big boys separate themselves after that first round.

Cavs dont have it on the defensive side, Miami were savages during the playoffs in defensive stretches.

You don't know how Blatt is going to respond come playoff time :lol: and while Miami probably will be a better team defensively come postseason than the cavs are going to be, that doesn't mean the cavs won't be competent enough on that end to win 4 out of 7. If healthy, by the postseason they should be decent enough on that end of the floor.

What Lebron has done in the east over the last 4 years for me personally, makes me give him the benefit of the doubt. Now I do think Miami with Bron is better than the Cavs with Bron, but I still think the Cavs have enough to come out of the east. I have to give Lebron the benefit of the doubt until he actually looses. He hasn't lost to an east coast team in 4 years. Granted the climate of the conference has changed a bit, (Washington and Toronto's ascent, Pau and a healthy D Rose) but I still have to see someone from the east side beat a Lebron lead team for me to believe it.

im a hugh fan of Bron. tell you what ill save my opinions of the Cavs until the trading deadline. But the team they have now wont get it done.

Last edited:
Cavs will be fine. You can't expect a lottery team to turn into a finals contender overnight.

Yeah they got Bron & Love but having great players isn't enough. Until they get the chemistry down and learn how to play with each other it's gonna be a bumpy road.

I just don't believe in Kyrie and Love come playoff time. This scenario is much different than Miami's first season. Wade was a proven star that won a championship and Bosh led a team to the playoffs as a #1 option. Kyrie and Love have none of that on their resume and its only going to put more pressure on Lebron. I'm not saying its impossible for them to win the East, but I'm starting to doubt they can pull it off.

them boys aint battle tested. kyrie hasnt played a big gm since high school. love since the final four. i could see lebron relying on the vets more, but they need to upgrade pieces to their defense most importantly.

wade was proven. kg/ray/paul carried teams to playoffs prior to coming together. i just dont see how these guys just come together and get into the finals their first yr.

How do you know they are fool's gold man? We aren't even 20 games into the season :lol: :lol:

I say that because of the lack of experience (Hell game one of the season Kyrie asked Love if that was how the playoffs felt, Love was like 'Hell if I Know'), and how the team relies so much on iso. blatt gives bron the ball and says go score. blatt gives kyrie the ball and says go score. all of that breaks down come playoffs. Spo had some ill *** plays. love is slow as hell laterally so his defense won't change. They already get less rebounds than they were getting per game in the beginning. I think they'd lose to washington in 7 games. I'm interested in seeing how they play MIA too actually. I'm not sold on Toronto, so they're just whatever to me.

Hornets article says everything I was *****ing about in here :lol:

At least somebody credible agrees

what you think, should they give up now and ship him out or pray it will work out in the next 3 years?

still dont understand how the d got worst tho.

Last edited:
He also said that there was a lot of time and it was too early to write them off. They're going to get **** value for Lance right now, so moving him seems rash and impractical.

All issues aside, this team snuck in to the playoffs as the 8th seed in a horrible east last year. Outlook for them was probably just too high. One of those projections had them with a losing record and I thought it was crazy. Hindsight is 20/20

Last edited:

what you think, should they give up now and ship him out or pray it will work out in the next 3 years?

still dont understand how the d got worst tho.

Honestly I don't think anybody will take him since he has two more years left.

Coach just gonna have to change up the offense some....maybe pick up the tempo when the opportunity presents itself ...this work through Al offense isn't gonna work with these guys.

Trade Al? Idk...just thinking out loud :lol: ....Al def deserves better

Last edited:
Harden has been great. 25, 7 assists, 6 rebounds on a 13-4 team. Sure he isnt shooting that well, but the work he's dlkng minus Dwight has been great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom