The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubio, Wolves At Standstill On Extension Negotiations
Oct 13, 2014 11:19 AM EDT

Ricky Rubio is at a standstill in negotiations with the Minnesota Timberwolves regarding a contract extension.

The Timberwolves were recently reported as offering Rubio a new deal in the neighborhood of four years and $48 million.

Rubio has said he hopes to stay with the Timberwolves.

4/48? idk....What did Curry and Ty Lawson get around the same amount?

Byron Scott, ladies and gentlemen.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Byron has to have the team shoot at least the league average in 3's attempted. You can't win many games in 2014 taking a few 3's a game.

SO is Gallo playing this year or no? dont remember the last time i saw him play but he should be back and healthy now....? right?

Byron cant shoot for them, team is just turrble

I know the team is terrible. Doesn't mean there has to be an ***-backwards offensive philosophy to make things worse. Byron specifically said he only wants the Lakers to shoot 10-15 threes per game, which would be the lowest number in the league. They took 45 (FORTY FIVE!!) midrange jumpers last night compared to the Warriors' 15. This is asinine.

You can't win in the NBA shooting 45 midrange jumpers and 3 threes like they did last night. That was an abomination.

It's not 1982 anymore.

Last edited:
That reminds me of the Grizz :lol: . People always felt like we NEVER had shooters, but it was just the fact that we pounded the ball inside too much. Players were always hesitant to shoot the outside shot because the offense evolved around Zbo/Gasol and Hollins didn't like quick possessions. We weren't the best shooting team out there, but it made the team so easy to defend because no one wanted to shoot the outside shot . It was the same thing last year, but Hollinger and Co wants that to stop. Shot the 3 ball at an average clip (35%), but only attempted 14 3's a game :x

And looking at the preseason totals (in 3 games)... 12, 13 and 14 :smh:

Last edited:
Phil's words for Jim Buss couldn't have been more right. Kupchak hasn't done too much right as of late either.

View media item 1217202
Byron Scott, ladies and gentlemen.

:rofl: gawd.

It's not like the Lakers have the shooting personnel, but to actively limit 3s to THIS level is ridiculous. If it weren't for Magic and co. selling this "Lakers fam" thing, Byron would be gone by the second week.

But I guess they have the Next Blake Griffin so that may explain things.

Pringles did an amazing job last year, that team had no business winning the amount of games they did.

Jimmy Buss bout to James Dolan[emoji]8482[/emoji] the Lakers

There are teams from before the 3 point line era that have taken more 3s than the lakers. Scott is said to be looking to incorporate traditional elements of basketball such as the chest pass and jitterbug offense. Newly elected President Harry s Truman endorses the lakers as his pick to win the championship and looks forward to hosting them on their visit to the white house, after finalizing the details of the Louisiana purchase

I wish Byron Scott was coaching the Blazers last night against the Clippers. Odds are they wouldn't have gone 17-25 from deep like they did. Best team 3 point shooting performance I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom