The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it was funny in the beginning but its just beating a dead horse now.

You're welcome to excuse yourself at any time. In the mean time...

rs_400x225-140914145820-RK-208-Stay-in-Lane.gif

Lakers main problem is health. The franchise may honestly be cursed. They wouldn't be half as bad if they could just have a full roster healthy.
Yea this current team would totally be contending at the top of the west if Swaggy P weren't injured 
indifferent.gif

Cursed Franchised? A cursed franchise gets gifted superstars in the offseason leading to 5 championships between 2000 and 2010?

Sign me up for that curse

Their main problem is that their team is a bunch of bums surrounding an old over the hill Kobe

Last edited:
Lakers main problem is health. The franchise may honestly be cursed. They wouldn't be half as bad if they could just have a full roster healthy.

Yea they would bro.Marginally better, not half better.
That you EJ?

:lol:

Health? That's really their main problem, not the fact that they don't play any semblance of defense (nor do they have the personnel to do so), they are talent deficient and that their best player is a year or two from retiring coming off a debilitating injury? Or the fact that their second best player was claimed off amnesty waivers? Their third best player is between a rookie and Nick Young? Or the fact that they have a terrible head coach and a terrible owner?

Cursed? How can a franchise be cursed which won 5 titles since 2000?

They could be fully healthy and compete to get into the playoffs in the east, sure, but they were never going to do anything in the west

I'll explain my "cursed" comments below. If the Lakers had this current roster fairly healthy throughout the season, I think everyone in this thread would agree that they can get 7-8th seed in the west. No higher though.

nah not this year, the difference between a group of bums with a 40 year old kobe and a group of healthy bums with a 40 year old kobe is marginal 

True but they can definitely grab 7-8th seed with a aging Kobe, a chucker in Swaggy, a corpse in Nash, Jordan Hill and a inconsistent Jeremy Lin.

Yea this current team would totally be contending at the top of the west if Swaggy P weren't injured :stoneface:

Cursed Franchised? A cursed franchise gets gifted superstars in the offseason leading to 5 championships between 2000 and 2010?

Sign me up for that curse

Their main problem is that their team is a bunch of bums surrounding an old over the hill Kobe

Yeah Jim Buss has to be trolling.

Explaining my cursed comments up there [emoji]128070[/emoji]

When I say "cursed" i mean, Dwight Howard comes to LA. Isn't healthy and suffers nagging injury all season long. Steve Nash signs with the Lakers and can't even play a quarter of the season due to nerves in his legs and all sorts of leg injuries. Pau Gasol's knees become brittle and then he sits out a bunch of games. Then Kobe tears his Achilles and on top of that fractures his knee cap after 6 games of returning from the torn Achilles. Jordan Hill isn't available all season last year(?) because he needs to get hip surgery.

Now this season Jeremy tweaks/sprains his ankle. Swaggy tears a ligament in his thumb. And Ryan Kelly has a strained ham string. For the past two seasons the lakers have been plagued with injuries. Someone put the voodoo curse on them. That's insane how many injuries this squad has suffered.

Everyone in this thread would not agree on the Lakers competing for a 7-8 seed in the west, regardless of their health. They could be 100% healthy with Pops or Phil at head coach and would still have long odds to make the playoffs. They aren't built to play any defense. They are built around an aged chucker coming off a serious injury. Their second best player was claimed off the amnesty wire. Their third best player is either a rookie or Nick Young. The west is hell to make it to the playoffs. Add it up, do the math. Health is irrelevant.

Everyone in this thread would not agree on the Lakers competing for a 7-8 seed in the west, regardless of their health. They could be 100% healthy with Pops or Phil at head coach and would still have long odds to make the playoffs. They aren't built to play any defense. They are built around an aged chucker coming off a serious injury. Their second best player was claimed off the amnesty wire. Their third best player is either a rookie or Nick Young. The west is hell to make it to the playoffs. Add it up, do the math. Health is irrelevant.
pau left as a free agent, we used our amnesty on MWP

pau left as a free agent, we used our amnesty on MWP

You can only amnesty (cut) one player. Lakers did that with Ron. You can claim as many players as you want off the amnesty wire (bums who've been cut).

In summary, the lakers will be trash this year. They'll miss Nick Young for a month, other than that they're healthy. Plus injuries aren't an excuse. You don't sign players who are on the last leg of their career and expect them to play 82 games as a starter(Nash) or a guy coming off major back surgery (if you want to throw it back to Dwight).

There's no injury curse. The only curse the Lakers have is that they have an idiot owner since Dr. buss passed.

Was at the Pistons/Wizards game last night. Drummond and Monroe are a nightmare for opposing front courts. Drummond is turning into a legit back to the basket threat. Everyone should be afraid.

Was at the Pistons/Wizards game last night. Drummond and Monroe are a nightmare for opposing front courts. Drummond is turning into a legit back to the basket threat. Everyone should be afraid.
NT rides for "Andre the Giant." You know this, man. He's up there with "Greek Freak" for NT's highest projected NBA ceilings.

Hopefully Scott Brooks uses the whole team expect Perk. It'd be nice if PJ3 and Adams have a good season with Russy taking the leader role. More Lamb now as well. I feel their defense will be okay but I expect OKC to be straight running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom