The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so?

The MVP race has been closer than I can remember. We got Russ doing great things. Klay thompson scored 37 in a quarter. Myrie gave the Spurs 57.

I'd say it's been a great year
Pretty good season so far but for me personally, this season sucks bad with all the injuries to OKC. KD
frown.gif

Code:
Code:

Gambling, fantasy and America's seeming enfatuation with violence is why football is the most popular sport. Plus, it's easier to follow because it's only one game a week for each team. Given all those factors, I don't see the NBA or MLB catching up.
I think the NFL is more exciting because of the "any given sunday" factor and guys really go out there and play their hearts out every game.  In the NBA you got games your teams lose simply because they weren't interested.  See it all the time...players taking time off etc.  Plus the NBA is more about the superstar so you get more phantom calls and commentators promoting certain plot lines like its the WWF.

Injuries have been the only downfall to this year's NBA season IMO.

Oh and some poor scheduling when it comes to nationally televised games, they gotta find a better way to start flexing games.

Also the NBA season so far hasn't been as exciting as other seasons

How so?

The MVP race has been closer than I can remember. We got Russ doing great things. Klay thompson scored 37 in a quarter. Myrie gave the Spurs 57.

The ESPN and TNT games have been horrible this season for the most part.

No surefire dominant team like the Heat or Lakers

Durant, Carmelo, George, Kobe, Howard,Bosh, Rose missing most of the season

I think this is a transitional seasonn

Last edited:
NFL is more popular because it's one game a week for every team.
Hell, a team could go on four game win streak in the middle of the season and totally change the playoff picture.
Any one NBA, NHL, or MLB game never has a huge value. MLB is losing mainstream popularity because of how ridiculously long their season is.

Folks told the nba to put the hawks on tv and the nba said alright fine we will put them on, and put them on for their first time against the Dubs in the Oracle :lol: classic

Last edited:
How so?

not really... I think this NBA season has been pretty weak to be honest... A few great performances doesn't make up for so many games being so meh...and I love the NBA . No sport compares to the NBA to me so I will always continue to watch but thats how I feel.

Last edited:
This NBA season has been great - I have no idea what y'all are watching.
laugh.gif
Chester's right, yall have no excuses not to have enjoyed what's been a great season, the Clippers and Chris Paul have led the league in National t.v. games. Free great television, you're absolutely correct Chester

I've enjoyed the season. The only major downside has been all the injuries to significant players. But that just seems to be part of the NBA now. Seems like some big names go down every season now.

We've seen the emergence of a bunch of young players this year, watched other teams step up, and there have been a ton of good matchups. Very tight MVP race too.

I really don't see how missing Kobe, Rose, or Dwight has made this season any worse than previous years.

Last edited:
The season has been great for me but i'm bias cause the Dubs are having their best regular season ever. The injuries have sucked though for sure.

We've seen the emergence of a bunch of young players this year, watched other teams step up, and there have been a ton of good matchups. Very tight MVP race too.

I really don't see how missing Kobe, Rose, or Dwight has made this season any worse than previous years.

Yeah, those guys being injured didn't hurt the L. Rose maybe, just cause Chicago was a legit contender with him healthy. Durant's injury was the one that hurt the most.

I guess if people are still going by "names" and "Starpower" then yeah, Kobe, Dwight and Melo hurt but those dudes are garbage anyway so it wasn't like it would've made the L more "competitive."

Last edited:

Right.

This season has been one of the better ones IMO. Just look at the type of run Westbrook is on, the Warriors, guys like Leonard, Davis, Kyrie, Curry, Harden, Boogie, etc. all coming into their own. Maybe I would miss those guys if they were on my team, but I haven't really thought much about them :lol: . I've also enjoyed watching teams like Utah, Orlando, Atlanta and Boston. Also, the fact that the playoffs are a little more wide open makes things even more exciting.

The only player missed this season has been Durant.

Kobe is washed. I think it was entertaining watching him shoot 30 times a night but that's my opinion.
I wasn't trying to watch Melo and the family men struggle.
Dwight is meh until playoff time. Same with Bosh.

No complains from me about this season

The main injuries I had in mind were KD, Rose and Dwight, since I like to see the best teams at full strength. Jabari Parker also because I think he's really promising. On the other hand, if KD and Dwight played this year, Harden and Russ probably wouldn't be having as remarkable seasons as they are. So I guess it goes both ways.

the regular season means absolutely nothing in the nba. you got 16 teams making the postseason.
would never happen but shorten it and let the top teams get a bye. do something bc a lot of the bottom tier (especially in the east) get ate up and i do not need four gm sweeps

you can say that baseball season is long, but only a handful even make it to the playoffs and from there, any one of those teams can win it with.
in the nba, it's usually the same handful of teams.
in the nfl, you get knocked out one gm, so basically, win or go home when you step onto the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom