The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this wasnt phils plan, trades wouldve went down by now

You cant beat free cap space + a lotto pick in 2015 with a star player in his prime

I just don't know who would sign in NY that would make THAT much of a difference going forward. Structurally, the team is a mess.

Isola had an interesting take on the whole thing....kinda goes against what you posted, but check it out:

I get the optimism...I do the same thing every year as a Skins, but I think Isola brings up a lot of good points.

I'm Not a Knick fan in any sense of the word. But what other way do you try & rebuild? Phil has cleared Cap room, Has denied a trade that would leave the knicks as 6-8 seed & with a mediocre draft pick, & signed a superstar player to a max deal.

What Imagine him doing is selling FA's on a plan to play with Melo, A Top tier Prospect , and playing in NYC for lots of money.

simple math to me Melo + Top 5 pick in NYC..... sounds much better than Top 5 Pick & a bunch of role players, decent young players.

Dude is acting like Melo is 40 & on his way out the league. he's 30, a fantastic player and although you may not automatically win a championship, Melo + another All Star caliber player in the East = Playoffs and a chance. The rest depends on how the prospect ends up, you could have a player who 3 years in looks like Kwame or you could have a player who 3 years in looks like Cousins, AD, Wall etc etc.

As far as Fisher, i don't see the problem... your not getting Pop, your not getting Carlisle, your not getting Doc. Get a coach who you can mold and build along with the team & pieces you want. Every year we see teams recycle the same mediocre coaches who've had opportunity before, they get a year or two clash with players or management & the cycle starts again. I like that Phil is trying a new option that he can work closely with.

I just don't know who would sign in NY that would make THAT much of a difference going forward. Structurally, the team is a mess.

Structurally it's a mess? how exactly....

They handed ALL the basketball moves to Phil, He has a coach in place that he believes in, They Have a superstar locked in for the next 5, They have what should be a top 3 Pick headed into FA.

They have the ability to sign an AS caliber player, and bring in players who fit into the offense & mesh together. That is the most important part of Phil being there, You have quite possibly the best team "builder" in NBA history, he knows the system in & out and has good direction on what kind of players would mesh best With Melo & said FA.

This is the best the knicks looked headed into an offseason in probably two decades.

They should go after Monroe, Tobias Harris, Gerald Green, Milsap and Nate the great.

Last edited:
I Truly believe that K.Love should be traded, not because your going to get a Better all around PF back, but because the skillset that he's limited too on this team can be had for much cheaper & the team has many other glaring weaknesses.

Yeah... Like Bennett & Wiggins :smh:

shump's gonna get overpaid

By who tho... his game simply hasn't improved at all. I think he's gonna be a nice steal for someone actually, unless he drastically improves upon return i just don't see him really being that coveted.

Hell if i was the knicks i would trade him & shump for Lance & filler or a pick. Basically your trading headcase for headcase, but atleast Lance does more on the court than JR.

Only problem is lance back in NYC :rofl: :rofl:, but once again the Knicks have JR in NYC can it really get that much worse?

HOUSTON (AP) -- Free agent Josh Smith, released by the Detroit Pistons  this week, joined the Rockets on Friday in a move aimed at strengthening Houston's frontcourt.

The signing was announced by general manager Daryl Morey and reunites the 6-foot-9 forward with AAU teammate and longtime friend Dwight Howard, who is in his second season in Houston.

Smith should provide a boost for a team that has played the last 23 games without starting power forward Terrence Jones. Jones averaged 14 points and 7.5 rebounds last season, but is out indefinitely with nerve inflammation in his left leg.

Smith signed a four-year, $54 million contract with Detroit in July 2013. He has averaged 15.4 points and 7.8 rebounds during his 11-year career. He averaged 13.1 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28 games this season. He also is averaging 4.7 assists, 1.3 steals and 1.7 blocks this season.

The Rockets (20-7) play Memphis on Friday night and can overtake the Grizzlies for the Southwest Division lead. Houston waived rookie Tarik Black to make roster room for Smith.

Smith spent his first nine seasons with the Hawks, where he averaged 15.3 points and eight rebounds, before signing with the Pistons. He has appeared in 52 playoff games, averaging 15.8 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rocket...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
HOUSTON  – Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey  announced today that the team has signed unrestricted free agent Josh Smith. The versatile big man was the youngest player in NBA to record 500 career blocks, was twice named NBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week (12/9/07 and 12/10/12) and was named to the 2010 All-NBA Defensive Second Team.

Smith  (6-9, 225, Oak Hill Academy) owns career averages of 15.4 points, 7.9 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.3 steals and 2.0 blocks in 781 games (758 starts) with the Atlanta Hawks and Detroit Pistons. The versatile big man averaged career highs of 18.8 points, 9.6 rebounds per game while starting all 66 games of the 2011-12 season. Smith has averaged double-digit scoring in every season since his rookie year in 2004-05.  He has also started 52 career postseason contests, averaging 15.8 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.7 blocks, as well as winning Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Series in 2009, 2010 and 2011

Selected by the Atlanta Hawks 17th overall in the 2004 NBA Draft, Smith rank’s highly among many of Atlanta’s all-time franchise leaders.  He ranks ninth in games played (676), seventh in total rebounds (5407), ninth in free throws made (2044), fifth in steals (857) and second in blocks (1440).

The 11th year forward was waived by the Detroit Pistons on December 22, 2014 and was signed as a free agent by the Rockets after clearing waivers on December 24, 2014.

In order to maintain a roster of 15 players, the team has requested waivers on Tarik Black.

Black  (6-8, 253, Kansas), has appeared in 25 contests with the Rockets this season (including 12 starts) averaging 4.2 points and 5.1 rebounds in 15.7 minutes per game.  Undrafted in the 2014 NBA Draft, Tarik Black was originally signed by the Houston Rockets on August 27, 2014.
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/free-agent-josh-smith-joins-houston-rockets

Hes also playing tonight.

Isola had an interesting take on the whole thing....kinda goes against what you posted, but check it out:

I get the optimism...I do the same thing every year as a Skins, but I think Isola brings up a lot of good points.

I'm Not a Knick fan in any sense of the word. But what other way do you try & rebuild? Phil has cleared Cap room, Has denied a trade that would leave the knicks as 6-8 seed & with a mediocre draft pick, & signed a superstar player to a max deal.

What Imagine him doing is selling FA's on a plan to play with Melo, A Top tier Prospect , and playing in NYC for lots of money.

simple math to me Melo + Top 5 pick in NYC..... sounds much better than Top 5 Pick & a bunch of role players, decent young players.

Dude is acting like Melo is 40 & on his way out the league. he's 30, a fantastic player and although you may not automatically win a championship, Melo + another All Star caliber player in the East = Playoffs and a chance. The rest depends on how the prospect ends up, you could have a player who 3 years in looks like Kwame or you could have a player who 3 years in looks like Cousins, AD, Wall etc etc.

As far as Fisher, i don't see the problem... your not getting Pop, your not getting Carlisle, your not getting Doc. Get a coach who you can mold and build along with the team & pieces you want. Every year we see teams recycle the same mediocre coaches who've had opportunity before, they get a year or two clash with players or management & the cycle starts again. I like that Phil is trying a new option that he can work closely with.

Melo has a lot of wear and tear on his body and Isola is right...by the time the Knicks pick from next year POSSIBLY matures, Melo will probably be 34 or so...and there's a good chance that if he's not moved by then, there will be a LARGE contingent of fans who won't be happy with him on the roster.

You're looking at things with a glass half full perspective. Sure, Phil needs a bit of time, but I haven't seen anything thus far that really leads me to believe that this team can head in the right direction. I saw it for a minute with Donnie Walsh and I believed in his vision, but I think there is good reason for skepticism involved w/ the Knicks.

Structurally it's a mess? how exactly....

They handed ALL the basketball moves to Phil, He has a coach in place that he believes in, They Have a superstar locked in for the next 5, They have what should be a top 3 Pick headed into FA.

They have the ability to sign an AS caliber player, and bring in players who fit into the offense & mesh together. That is the most important part of Phil being there, You have quite possibly the best team "builder" in NBA history, he knows the system in & out and has good direction on what kind of players would mesh best With Melo & said FA.

This is the best the knicks looked headed into an offseason in probably two decades.

You really think that this is a well-run organization and it's not a mess structurally? Phil Jackson is a band aid on a gash that requires staples. You can make a case for James Dolan being one of the worst owners in the league and their dysfunction starts with him.

It's going to be a wait and see with the Knicks to find out what Jackson is going to do, but like I said in the paragraph above...the skepticism is warranted.

Kevin Love or Marc Gasol need to come to San Antonio. It would be great for either of them. Less likely for Marc, but Kevin should definitely come if he was really concerned with winning and being utilized correctly.

Love isn't tough enough for Los Spurs.

Gasol is perfect but he's staying in Memphis.

KL and Kyrie are under performing.

Love is playing he gives zero dambs about the game and Kyrie just wants to play 1-on-1 basketball every time down the court.

Again this could all come back to coaching. Lebron really shouldn't have to carry this team, he really shouldn't have to put up 30 8 and 8 for them to have a chance at winning.

The coach is a small part of the problem... You have to take into account players Skillsets when putting together a team like this, & the front office obviously didn't.

- Kyrie can shoot the ball really well & he's amazing at breaking down the defense.
- Love Can Shoot the ball really well can go into the post and create offense for others.
- Lebron isn't a great shooter & his best asset is getting to the basket and creating for others.

ALL of their games combined takes away a strong point of eachothers games. for all the talk of Lebron making teammates better we also gotta realize his style devalues the skill of Supertalented players. He makes average players look amazing, However Star players have to completely neuter their game in order for the team to be successful. That's not an easy task to do for two young early 20 players to do. especially two who have no playoff experience at all.

I Truly believe that K.Love should be traded, not because your going to get a Better all around PF back, but because the skillset that he's limited too on this team can be had for much cheaper & the team has many other glaring weaknesses.

spot on

don't know if this was posted but :lol:

View media item 1321845

pky7eqv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom