The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windhorst broadcast radio:

http://stationcaster.com/stations/w..._Brian_Windhorst___Jason_Gibbs-1419605047.mp3

1. Tristan must start at center. Small Ball lineup with Love at center is just too bad on defense

2. Cavs are not running any real offense in the 4th quarter. It's basically just pick and roll for LeBron, and it's not working. This falls on Blatt and LeBron

3. Blatt has not done a good job integrating Love into the offense. Love is not being "taken care of" in the offense, which means Love can't take care of offensive business

4. Love needs a big center to play with (Pekovic, Dieng) so that he is not guarded by the largest man on the court and does not have to guard the largest man on the court. He's having to do this, and it's affecting his rebounding

5. Cavs rebounding is a real issue now

6. Cavs not going to Love on offense late in games

7. Waiters has 30 more fourth quarter shots than Love does at this point in the season

8. Cavs not calling plays for Love or taking advantage of Love's presence on offense

9. Cavs must fix things with Love. Love must be used more on offense, and used more in late game offense

10. Love is not playing like an All Star right now. Part of this is Love's fault and part of this is how the Cavs are using him

11. Cavs are not impressive. Wrote this in last column, which Cavs fans didn't like. Cavs have championship level talent but the team is not coming together and maturing right now

12. Love and LeBron are not clashing, there differences or frustrations have to do with what is happening in the games (and not because of personality issues or anything similar).

13. Big men must be treated differently than guards. They must be fed the ball, used on offense (so as to maximize them and get full effort from them). This is not happening with Love, and Windy blames Blatt, LeBron and Kyrie for it.

^^^PRETTY ACCURATE HERE.

Also the "role Player" everyone blamed when the heat were struggling & that Lebron "carried" is back to 23, 5 & 4 on 50% shooting. something tells me this guy wasn't as bad as ya'll made him out to be.
The Bosh slander on NT stopped last year
Although he does act sus at times

Is there a chance that the Knicks try to trade Melo before the 2016 deadline?

Absolutely not, Phil has a plan in place. Melo is still a very effective player & no team is gonna give you back equal value. They have what looks to be a top 3 pick coming in & tons of Cap. In a East that suddenly seems wide open, I know Melo gets a lot of fault but he's done everything asked of him this season, and i'm pretty sure Phil is trying to build around him.

with that said if surgery is really needed... just let Melo get the surgery now, rest up & Try and develop whatever young players you think can be pieces for the future.

Hardaway, Larkin, & Early when he's healthy should be seeing A lot of minutes. At this point Shump ain't workin in NYC, Smith is smith, Amare if he wants to sign back for cheap would be a GREAT piece off the bench.

If the knicks handle this correctly, they can be a good team by next year.
i love when i see logical posts about the knicks in here :pimp: agreed with everything u said

KL and Kyrie are under performing.

Love is playing he gives zero dambs about the game and Kyrie just wants to play 1-on-1 basketball every time down the court.

Again this could all come back to coaching. Lebron really shouldn't have to carry this team, he really shouldn't have to put up 30 8 and 8 for them to have a chance at winning.

http://stationcaster.com/stations/w..._Brian_Windhorst___Jason_Gibbs-1419605047.mp3

1. Tristan must start at center. Small Ball lineup with Love at center is just too bad on defense

2. Cavs are not running any real offense in the 4th quarter. It's basically just pick and roll for LeBron, and it's not working. This falls on Blatt and LeBron

3. Blatt has not done a good job integrating Love into the offense. Love is not being "taken care of" in the offense, which means Love can't take care of offensive business

4. Love needs a big center to play with (Pekovic, Dieng) so that he is not guarded by the largest man on the court and does not have to guard the largest man on the court. He's having to do this, and it's affecting his rebounding

7. Waiters has 30 more fourth quarter shots than Love does at this point in the season

8. Cavs not calling plays for Love or taking advantage of Love's presence on offense

9. Cavs must fix things with Love. Love must be used more on offense, and used more in late game offense

10. Love is not playing like an All Star right now. Part of this is Love's fault and part of this is how the Cavs are using him

11. Cavs are not impressive. Wrote this in last column, which Cavs fans didn't like. Cavs have championship level talent but the team is not coming together and maturing right now

12. Love and LeBron are not clashing, there differences or frustrations have to do with what is happening in the games (and not because of personality issues or anything similar).

13. Big men must be treated differently than guards. They must be fed the ball, used on offense (so as to maximize them and get full effort from them). This is not happening with Love, and Windy blames Blatt, LeBron and Kyrie for it.

^^^PRETTY ACCURATE HERE.
Basically blaming this on the coach for not integrating Love eh

So he's saying Love needs to play with a big center and he's also saying start TT because they need to play small ball. OK

Irving to me is the key, he's not the type of player to bring this all together, LeBron can only do so much orchestrating

And defensively, it's just never going to be to the level they need it to be

^^^PRETTY ACCURATE HERE.

A lot of these problems come when Playing with Lebron tho... You can't feed love the ball in the post because you want the lane clear for lebron to do what he does best, You give Love the ball On offense & let him work in the post 7/10 times Lebron becomes A LOT less effective.

It was the samething in Miami except Bosh was a really good team defender. Lebron style of play takes away A lot from a big man using his whole Arsenal of offense. Which is why i didn't understand them wanting to have an All Star player like love, because for what they're gonna have to pay him, they could have just gotten a cheaper spot up 4 And a real defensive Center to do the dirty things.

Disagreed with these points. Love is the 3rd option on the team for a good reason, and he isn't even doing a good job of being a 3rd option. Although I do find Waiters usage in the 4th quarter to be appalling. Focusing on rebounding the ball doesn't matter if you can't stop teams from scoring a lot in the paint.

D Wade did drift through last season though
And he didn't show up at all for the Finals

KL and Kyrie are under performing.

Love is playing he gives zero dambs about the game and Kyrie just wants to play 1-on-1 basketball every time down the court.

Again this could all come back to coaching. Lebron really shouldn't have to carry this team, he really shouldn't have to put up 30 8 and 8 for them to have a chance at winning.

The coach is a small part of the problem... You have to take into account players Skillsets when putting together a team like this, & the front office obviously didn't.

- Kyrie can shoot the ball really well & he's amazing at breaking down the defense.
- Love Can Shoot the ball really well can go into the post and create offense for others.
- Lebron isn't a great shooter & his best asset is getting to the basket and creating for others.

ALL of their games combined takes away a strong point of eachothers games. for all the talk of Lebron making teammates better we also gotta realize his style devalues the skill of Supertalented players. He makes average players look amazing, However Star players have to completely neuter their game in order for the team to be successful. That's not an easy task to do for two young early 20 players to do. especially two who have no playoff experience at all.

I Truly believe that K.Love should be traded, not because your going to get a Better all around PF back, but because the skillset that he's limited too on this team can be had for much cheaper & the team has many other glaring weaknesses.

Kevin Love or Marc Gasol need to come to San Antonio. It would be great for either of them. Less likely for Marc, but Kevin should definitely come if he was really concerned with winning and being utilized correctly.

would ya'll do Hill + Houston pick for D.Waiters ?.... he looked very good so far this season, but considering his skillset clashes with both Kyrie & Bron i could see him being offered up for a big.

would ya'll do Hill + Houston pick for D.Waiters ?.... he looked very good so far this season, but considering his skillset clashes with both Kyrie & Bron i could see him being offered up for a big.
Kobe, Swaggy and Waiters is so tantalizing yet against my basketball moral compass.

Is there a chance that the Knicks try to trade Melo before the 2016 deadline?

Absolutely not, Phil has a plan in place. Melo is still a very effective player & no team is gonna give you back equal value. They have what looks to be a top 3 pick coming in & tons of Cap. In a East that suddenly seems wide open, I know Melo gets a lot of fault but he's done everything asked of him this season, and i'm pretty sure Phil is trying to build around him.

with that said if surgery is really needed... just let Melo get the surgery now, rest up & Try and develop whatever young players you think can be pieces for the future.

Hardaway, Larkin, & Early when he's healthy should be seeing A lot of minutes. At this point Shump ain't workin in NYC, Smith is smith, Amare if he wants to sign back for cheap would be a GREAT piece off the bench.

If the knicks handle this correctly, they can be a good team by next year.

Isola had an interesting take on the whole thing....kinda goes against what you posted, but check it out:

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN · 23h 23 hours ago

One thing Phil's biggest media fans can't deny; he's done nothing, repeat nothing, to change the culture at MSG. Maybe it's impossible.

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN · 2h 2 hours ago

One thing the "give Phil some time" Knick fans conveniently forget; he was hired in March, starting consulting last Dec. That's 13 months...

In 13 months, Knicks rejected a trade for Kyle Lowry, hired Derek Fisher, traded Tyson Chandler & re-signed Melo. That's 4 major decisions.

And if Phil knew all along this was a throwaway, doesn't matter, yada, yada, yada season, why sign 30 yr old Carmelo to 5 years $125 million

In other words, the Knicks are the first team in NBA history rebuilding with a 30-year-old max player. You honestly believe that's the plan?

The point is, if Knicks get a high pick it will be a teenager, who based on history, won't make immediate impact. And you'll have aging Melo

Three years from now, these same Knicks fans will be saying "we knew this season would be tough. But once Carmelo comes off the books...."

And while the world, including Phil, beat us over head with triangle talk, Knicks are much worse at other end of court. They don't defend.

Frank Isola @FisolaNYDN · 1h 1 hour ago

If Knicks get high pick who contributes, great. But if u think this was Phil's plan you are either naive, one of his media groupies or both.

I get the optimism...I do the same thing every year as a Skins, but I think Isola brings up a lot of good points.

i pay isola little mind. fact of the matter is, 10 guys from this team will be gone next year. i'm perfectly fine with letting phil create his own team here. i don't buy this lowry talk. why would toronto even entertain moving their best player?

i pay isola little mind. fact of the matter is, 10 guys from this team will be gone next year. i'm perfectly fine with letting phil create his own team here. i don't buy this lowry talk. why would toronto even entertain moving their best player?
I believe the Lowry rumors. Lowry has always been undervalued everywhere he's been, Toronto was prepared to deal him for some sort of combo consisting of Felton, Shump/THJ/Future first round pick.. but Dolan blocked it

If this wasnt phils plan, trades wouldve went down by now

You cant beat free cap space + a lotto pick in 2015 with a star player in his prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom