The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe is shooting 37% from the field....24% from 3. I mean yeah his teammate ain't the best but how long y'all gonna keep giving him a pass for? He isn't the only NBA star to ever play on a garbage squad...hell this isn't even his first garbage squad. Call it like it is. He could easily still be effective if he would just stop treating his teammates like extra weight...he ain't winning these games on his own.
Exactly, I mean he's bottom 5 out of 441 players in defensive RPM, he's obviously one of the worst defensive players in the entire league, and then on offense he's taking 22 shots a game (leading the league in usage rate) and hitting 37% of them, his TS% is 47.5% (abysmal), his win shares are in the negatives... I mean, maybe he could still be effective in a lesser role if he was willing to do that, but based on the way he's actually played this season, he's just not close to being an effective NBA player at this point.

Last edited:
Kobe is shooting 37% from the field....24% from 3. I mean yeah his teammate ain't the best but how long y'all gonna keep giving him a pass for? He isn't the only NBA star to ever play on a garbage squad...hell this isn't even his first garbage squad. Call it like it is. He could easily still be effective if he would just stop treating his teammates like extra weight...he ain't winning these games on his own.

Exactly, I mean he's bottom 5 out of 441 players in defensive RPM, he's obviously one of the worst defensive players in the entire league, and then on offense he's taking 22 shots a game (leading the league in usage rate) and hitting 37% of them, his TS% is 47.5% (abysmal), his win shares are in the negatives... I mean, maybe he could still be effective in a lesser role if he was willing to do that, but based on the way he's actually played this season, he's just not close to being an effective NBA player at this point.
:pimp:

Yeah his defense is even worse than James Harden
but tbh, who in the Lakers can initiate the offense other than Swaggy P
I was hoping for Lin to do some good, but nah, he just had to regress

These are the extremes i'm talking about how is someone averaging 25, 5 & 5 as the #1 option on a team that has nick young as the second option... not an effective NBA player. Not effective to me means can't be a starter, is good for nothing on the court etc etc. Guaranteed 75% of the starters in the league could be given the same minutes, attempts, on the same team and wouldn't be able to accomplish those numbers. and he's playing 36 minutes in his 18th season coming off of two surgeries.

To say the man isn't an effective NBA player is completely silly. Hell if Kobe's on the Knicks right now he's EASILY the second best player :smh:

James Harden is actually playing defense this year, yall need to read some articles and **** 
laugh.gif

This place is the home of the overreaction & i should know that after i see post like Josh Smith can't even be a competent starter in the League any more, because of ****** Per rankings. Yet he has four contenders trying to give him Major roles on their teams as of this instant.

Kobe sure isn't a top 5 player in the League right now but to say he isn't an effective NBA player is one of the stupidest things i have possibly read in here in weeks.

It's simple, not effective meaning he's been a net negative on the court this season, like I said maybe that would change in a lesser role but based on what's happened on the floor this season, he's been detrimental. I don't even see how that's controversial, it's been pretty clear.

We could look at Advanced stats all we want but you can't sit here with a straight face and tell me that the LA Lakers would win more games if you left the team alone & subtracted Kobe Bryant.

Has he been terribly inefficient yes... ineffective absolutely not.

Cavs Heat is my most anticipated matchup. I'm wondering if the fans will be fools and boo him. Probably so being that theyre out here defacing murals and burning jerseys and whatnot.

We could look at Advanced stats all we want but you can't sit here with a straight face and tell me that the LA Lakers would win more games if you left the team alone & subtracted Kobe Bryant.

They would be the LA Sixers

Kobe's been great. Lakers need to tank and he's doing everything possible to ensure that happens. He's never been one to care about his efficiency or PER so don't know why it's a big deal this season as if they actually have a decent team.

It was predictable the vultures would come out and make a referendum on everything though based on this 3 month start.

He shouldn't be playing 36 minutes a night but Byron has no spine so is whatever. It's helping the cause.

Cavs Heat is my most anticipated matchup. I'm wondering if the fans will be fools and boo him. Probably so being that theyre out here defacing murals and burning jerseys and whatnot.

They'll miss the starting lineups because of tardiness anyway. 4th qtr he should hear some jeers.

Kobe's been great.
Nope, he's been too inconsistent to be considered great this year
But his offense isn't as bad as people have been making it out to be. He's still the most significant contributor for such a bad team.

Last edited:
Nope, he's been too inconsistent to be considered great this year
But his offense isn't as bad as people have been making it out to be. He's still the most significant contributor for such a bad team.

Great in the sense of what the Lakers need, if you read the next sentence.

Great in the sense of what the Lakers need, if you read the next sentence.
Kobe isn't trying to tank though that's the thing :lol:
They already built such an abysmal team that no matter how hard Kobe tries, they were gonna hit the lottery balls.

The team is really bad, especially on defense and they have a terrible coach, they were gonna lose a ton of games regardless, but Kobe sure isn't helping. If anything he's helping the tanking cause unintentionally.

Last edited:

I would expect a smattering of both boos and cheers. Some people are dumb, some are not. When you put roughly 20K of them together, you'll get mixed results.

I also wish they would have saved the Bulls Vs Washington for Christmas instead of the two slauters that are sure to be handed out in the Knicks Vs Wizards & Bulls Vs Lakers :smh:. I understand you gotta have the leagues stars on this day but the NBA knew coming into the season that both the Knicks & Lakers weren't gonna be very good teams coming into this year, why not have them play eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom