The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Kobe wanting to be more efficient. He isn't the type to say things just to please people....why did he just say eff it?

He still gets to the line just like before. Footwork doesn't disappear, he can easily work from the post. He doesn't trust his teammates that much?

Im so so over Kobe arguments. I wasn't trying to throw shade at anyone.

VC is dealing with the aging process well, Kobe I think we can all agree isn't dealing with it quite as well.
As much as Kobe has severely declined by a lot the past 2 years, he is still producing at a better rate than VC
Sure VC is sometimes more efficient than Kobe now, but he is now a role player/6th man
Kobe can still be a solid starter on most of the teams in the NBA

Kobe may be shooting something horrendous, but please 
laugh.gif
 Kobe still superior to VC

TMac would have been a nice role player if not for his body, his skills were high enough and his IQ, not really fair to bunch him in

AI, well, nothing needs to be said. He was an undersized volume scorer

Vince was never the alpha dog to begin with. It was less of a step down for him. He was just a more consistent ingudala. T-mac was way better. Can't believe the blasphemy yall are yapping with. He outlasted kobe and tmac? Like he was ever even on that level to begin with.

VC>>>Pierce
Then again I may be biased against how much of a scumbag competitor Pierce is

Nah. I'm a huge VC fan but as a guy who saw Pierce all of last year - that guy is still REALLY good. VC is a high level, do-it-all off the bench kind of guy. Pierce is a high level 3rd to 2nd option depending on the night.

I felt a bit childish waking up today after dragging Brooks, I've been in the truck all morning though on the radio, I actually took it easy on him, he's been getting dragged all morning by the radio hosts.

Last edited:
meh..pierce might've been the star on his team, but he was never the 'man' man.

HUH???? Pierce was ALWAYS the guy on his teams. The one making the critical plays, The leader of the teams.

And as far as Vince Carter Outlasting Kobe.... or Kobe "maybe" being a good starter on a NBA team :rofl:.

The man is on his 18th Season... Averaging 25, 5 & 5 as the number one option on a horrid team... to put that in perspective their are PLENTY of guys throughout the tenure of the league who have played in meaningless seasons in their prime & can't accumulate those numbers. To be a 25 PPG scorer at any point in your career takes a tremendous skill Level yet alone being the #1 option in your 18th year.

I'm a huge Vince fan, but you cannot b serious with that foolishness.

Kobe is shooting 37% from the field....24% from 3. I mean yeah his teammate ain't the best but how long y'all gonna keep giving him a pass for? He isn't the only NBA star to ever play on a garbage squad...hell this isn't even his first garbage squad. Call it like it is. He could easily still be effective if he would just stop treating his teammates like extra weight...he ain't winning these games on his own.

meh..pierce might've been the star on his team, but he was never the 'man' man.

HUH???? Pierce was ALWAYS the guy on his teams. The one making the critical plays, The leader of the teams.

And as far as Vince Carter Outlasting Kobe.... or Kobe "maybe" being a good starter on a NBA team :rofl:.

The man is on his 18th Season... Averaging 25, 5 & 5 as the number one option on a horrid team... to put that in perspective their are PLENTY of guys throughout the tenure of the league who have played in meaningless seasons in their prime & can't accumulate those numbers. To be a 25 PPG scorer at any point in your career takes a tremendous skill Level yet alone being the #1 option in your 18th year.

I'm a huge Vince fan, but you cannot b serious with that foolishness.

no no, I meant, he was never the 'man' in the league. Cats were comparing vince and paul to guys that were considered the man in the league at one point or another, then say how well they've adjusted to just being a role player/ just really good players. I was saying both were good and that guy on their respective teams, but overall, league wise, they were never viewed with such high regard, so as to have once sat on the mountain top, now sitting in the valley with the sheep. They were never that good.

Kobe is shooting 37% from the field....24% from 3. I mean yeah his teammate ain't the best but how long y'all gonna keep giving him a pass for? He isn't the only NBA star to ever play on a garbage squad...hell this isn't even his first garbage squad. Call it like it is. He could easily still be effective if he would just stop treating his teammates like extra weight...he ain't winning these games on his own.

He could go be more efficient & take less shots sure... but Kobe averaging 16 & 7-8 Assist is still going to lead to the Lakers losing and Losing by a lot... My whole point of the post was to point out how ludicrous it is to even compare Vince Carter & Kobe Bryant at this point in their careers. regardless of his shooting percentage.. for him to be coming off two injuries in his 18th season and to still be doing this is an incredible feat in itself.

The only person with a Tenure like his in this league who could still be as effective is Tim Duncan, and id Duncan was in a position where he had to be used as much i'm sure his FG% would be disastrous too.

no no, I meant, he was never the 'man' in the league. Cats were comparing vince and paul to guys that were considered the man in the league at one point or another, then say how well they've adjusted to just being a role player/ just really good players. I was saying both were good and that guy on their respective teams, but overall, league wise, they were never viewed with such high regard, so as to have once sat on the mountain top, now sitting in the valley with the sheep. They were never that good.

I'll Say that about Vince... but i've seen Paul led teams go up against SEVERAL HOF'ers and he has held his own and beat all of them in playoff moments.

Sure he Never dominated the league on a nightly basis like a Kobe, Bron, AI but when in series with those guys he was absolutely playing on their level no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom