Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
ninjallamafromhell wrote:

I'm a huge Slipknot fan.  I drove 45 minutes skipping school to pick up Iowa. I only got to see them once live in concert and was looking forward to their next album especially because it was rumored that it was going to sound more like Iowa.

I have a love hate relationship with slipknot....some of their stuff is genius to me, and a lot of it is meh. This song is crack.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

can you guys recommend any other bands like Tool for a newbie like myself?
A Perfect Circle I guess since it's Manyard on vocals.  Tool is really their own entity, I can't think of another band to really compare them to.

im half filipino yeah, definitely where the roman catholic in me comes from
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

bcf, i work in a medical clinic working for an %@@ load of doctors. i bascially sit in front of a computer and do the scanning for the medical documents they receive. easy but boring, repetitive and tedious stuff. i usually browse nt and surf last.fm all day. im at work right now actually
laugh.gif

today,

razor of occam - %@%+ these guys are good
kiuas - power metal vocals + finnish style melodic death metal = win

Originally Posted by Physicx

im half filipino yeah, definitely where the roman catholic in me comes from
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

bcf, i work in a medical clinic working for an %@@ load of doctors. i bascially sit in front of a computer and do the scanning for the medical documents they receive. easy but boring, repetitive and tedious stuff. i usually browse nt and surf last.fm all day. im at work right now actually
laugh.gif

today,

razor of occam - %@%+ these guys are good
kiuas - power metal vocals + finnish style melodic death metal = win
Awesome dude good for you.  Are you going to school for something in the medical field?  My boss freaks when I get the last.fm going.  I was jamming out to some Goatwhore, Sodom, and Venom since it is random at times.  King Diamond popped up to and she said isn't he a devil worshipper.  I was glad she even knew who he was.  I also told her about Maiden and she told me that she was able to meet them and get some autographs back in the day.  I was like
eek.gif
.  She's even seen Queensryche more than I have since its here favorite group.

By the way your not lying about that Kiuas
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

can you guys recommend any other bands like Tool for a newbie like myself?
A Perfect Circle I guess since it's Manyard on vocals.  Tool is really their own entity, I can't think of another band to really compare them to.

Really though, nothing truly can be compared to TOOL.

Ive just been busy with work. I was in Charlotte for a few doing a training for work so I didnt have much time.

Lately:

Asking Alexandria
Attack Attack
Woe, Is Me
Iron Maiden
Bathory
Haste The Day

I feel some what proud to say I can't name a single slipknot song/album. That's just me, no nu metal/grunge/whatever you can call it
eyes.gif

But.

RIP to the bassist Paul Gary regardless.

cannibal corpse... good stuff? hot topic?  

laugh.gif
uuuh is hot topic like, bang on? Canada doesn't have hot topic, but we have poser stores like Bang on and some other garbage with crappy band labels trying to he "HECTIC" Everyone and their dog with new metallica and crap nu metal lmao. Poor unguided souls.

Originally Posted by FC3SCorey

cannibal corpse... good stuff? hot topic?��

laugh.gif
uuuh is hot topic like, bang on? Canada doesn't have hot topic, but we have poser stores like Bang on and some other garbage with crappy band labels trying to he "HECTIC" Everyone and their dog with new metallica and crap nu metal lmao. Poor unguided souls.
Hot Topic is exactly like that
laugh.gif

It's like a poser mart where everyone is buying up Pink Floyd,Metallica,AC/DC shirts like crazy even though they know like 1 song
indifferent.gif

So I'm guessing your not a fan of death metal?

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Saw it at Hot Topic today and said....."Finally they start carrying good +##%!"
12185517.jpg
cc2k.jpg
I got that same shirt at Mayhem festival with Slayer and Cannibal.  It was the first time I saw them live and it made me want to buy a shirt.  i chose that one.

Yall are spot on about hot topic but they do carry the occasional awesome shirt.  The other day I saw Mercyful Fates 9 shirt and I couldn't believe it.  They are slowly stepping up their game.  I picked up  a Municipal waste shirt for $5.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Saw it at Hot Topic today and said....."Finally they start carrying good +##%!"
12185517.jpg
cc2k.jpg

LOL, I have the EXACT same shirt, but with tour dates on the back. I got it at the SOMA SD location almost two years back. Im actually glad that HT is starting to carry decent shizzzz, cause that means I dont have to drive to a show 4hours away or buy online for a nice shirt.

Physicx wrote:
im in edmonton but we dont have a bang on. good thing i suppose
laugh.gif

the only way i can get my stuff is if i order it or through shows. there are a couple spots up here that sell merch but its either not my size or they have garbage/no stock

this video is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wow, that just blew my mind how he transfered from genre to genre, its almost spot on really, lol.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just found out Scorpions are coming to San Antonio with Ratt
pimp.gif
.  The best part is tickets are only $57.75

If these guys are coming to your town yall better see them because this is it.  Just scoped out there setlist from March.

goddamn thats a long %%! setlist. *+%*, i just checked and they are coming but im in europe by then. so i miss this AND summer slaughter
smh.gif

i almost forgot, i went to dark tranquillity on tuesday. WICKED show, one of the best ive ever been to. they played alot of new *+%* which is always disappointing and only one song from character and damage done each, but they were REALLY good. i got to the very front where mikael was standing and he would always point down and stick his tongue at me and *+%*
laugh.gif
. it was a little awkward when he would get down on his knees during the slower songs and his crotch would be in my face
laugh.gif

merch and the first 2 bands sucked that night. there were only 2 shirts and they closed half the venue off cause i guess there werent that many people there

however dark tranquility is one of my favorite bands so thats all that mattered

Originally Posted by Physicx

goddamn thats a long %%! setlist. *+%*, i just checked and they are coming but im in europe by then. so i miss this AND summer slaughter
smh.gif

i almost forgot, i went to dark tranquillity on tuesday. WICKED show, one of the best ive ever been to. they played alot of new *+%* which is always disappointing and only one song from character and damage done each, but they were REALLY good. i got to the very front where mikael was standing and he would always point down and stick his tongue at me and *+%*
laugh.gif
. it was a little awkward when he would get down on his knees during the slower songs and his crotch would be in my face
laugh.gif

merch and the first 2 bands sucked that night. there were only 2 shirts and they closed half the venue off cause i guess there werent that many people there

however dark tranquility is one of my favorite bands so thats all that mattered
Aside from crotch in face
laugh.gif
you sound like you had an awesome time.  So did you at least get a shirt.  I wish they would come my way but unfortunately even if they did I got a lot of shows coming up.

Back
Top Bottom