Team Metal Heads thread : Keep metal alive join the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehh i guess its fair since the festival is only in the US, but still...%!#$
laugh.gif

anywho for today

kalmah - swamplord. this band is so consistent its wild
megadeth - united abominations
origin - antithesis

bcf is at the festival today. damn im so jealous

Damn the Festival was insanely awesome. I did miss some groups though. But when we got there the line was crazy long so me and my uncle decided to cut wayahead of the line since it really wasn't an organized line. People were so mad at the security not letting us in that they were ready to bumrush in so theydecided to open the gates. We got in and went to get shirts first before the crowd came in but it was crazy hot it got up to 102. My face is crazy burned rightnow. Anyway I got a Slayer shirt and a Cannibal Corpse Eaten Back to life shirt. As we were getting them Whitechapel started playing. They put on a pretty goodshow and the pit wasn't that crazy but it was good fun. It was pretty much back in forth so once they finished another group was playing but it was allgood. I missed God Forbid and All That Remains because I was waiting in line to meet Kerry King but he was a cool guy. I was talking to him about his snakesand an old school story about S.A Slayer and L.A Slayer and people were getting mad because I was holding up the line but it was cool he signed a poster and myshirt. I'll see if i take pictures of them and post them up. By that time Trivium was playing but I decided to go get my spot at the gate so I can checkout Cannibal Corpse. Now that along with Slayer was the Highlight of the night. The pit was insane and Cannibal kicked ***. Chicks banging each other andeverybody was pretty much get squished and the security had to interfere a lot. Some young kid got so freaked out that he passed out. It was great if yallhaven't you got to see a Cannibal Corpse show.

I gotta split but I'll post the review for the major bands when I get back.

man that sounds awesome. its kinda crazy how you can miss such high profile bands and just shrug it off and wait for the next one. like, i dont like trivium,but i wouldnt mind seeing them perform live you know what i mean?

i knew i should have checked out cannibal corpse when they came here. it was like the day after bodom came too. that would have been one hell of a weekend
smh.gif

im waitin on that review so no rush

as of right now

eternal tears of sorrow
bolt thrower
at the gates

Originally Posted by BCF06

I got them exactly at 10 because they have a tough schedule. They play NFC East teams then we also have the Patriots and of course our own division teams so its gonna be tought but I think we'll do good. So what do you think about your Chargers. Are they playoff bound this year? They look decent but I haven't heard much about them.

As for music wise I got the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival this weekend and it can't get any closer. Can't wait to see Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. Has anyone gone yet?
Chargers are playoff bound. Im hoping for 13 - 3, may sound bold, but look at the teams the bolts are playing. Scrubs for the most part. If wedont make a deep run this year I will be deeply disappointed...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

The Rockstar Mayhem Festival is giving away 10 free songs woo woo!
Mayhem Promo

Songs:
  • White Chapel - To All That Are Dead
  • The Black Dahlia Murder - Everything Went Black
  • Job For A Cowboy - Unfurling A Darkend Gospel
  • Behemoth - Chant for Ezkaton 200 E.V.
  • Cannibal Corpse - Priests of Sodom
  • God Forbid - War of Attrition
  • All That Remains - Chiron
  • Trivium - Throes of Perdition
  • Killswitch Engage - Reckoning
  • Marilyn Manson - I Have to Look Up Just to See Hell (Alternate Version)

Yesah! Thank you for posting that. Sorry for the non-US guys in here...
Originally Posted by BCF06

Damn the Festival was insanely awesome. I did miss some groups though. But when we got there the line was crazy long so me and my uncle decided to cut way ahead of the line since it really wasn't an organized line. People were so mad at the security not letting us in that they were ready to bumrush in so they decided to open the gates. We got in and went to get shirts first before the crowd came in but it was crazy hot it got up to 102. My face is crazy burned right now. Anyway I got a Slayer shirt and a Cannibal Corpse Eaten Back to life shirt. As we were getting them Whitechapel started playing. They put on a pretty good show and the pit wasn't that crazy but it was good fun. It was pretty much back in forth so once they finished another group was playing but it was all good. I missed God Forbid and All That Remains because I was waiting in line to meet Kerry King but he was a cool guy. I was talking to him about his snakes and an old school story about S.A Slayer and L.A Slayer and people were getting mad because I was holding up the line but it was cool he signed a poster and my shirt. I'll see if i take pictures of them and post them up. By that time Trivium was playing but I decided to go get my spot at the gate so I can check out Cannibal Corpse. Now that along with Slayer was the Highlight of the night. The pit was insane and Cannibal kicked ***. Chicks banging each other and everybody was pretty much get squished and the security had to interfere a lot. Some young kid got so freaked out that he passed out. It was great if yall haven't you got to see a Cannibal Corpse show.

I gotta split but I'll post the review for the major bands when I get back.
MANNNNN!!! Lucky guy right here. I have yet to see Cannibal. Whitechapel is a band I listen to on the regular, still havent seen them in action.Please post those pics my man! And hopefully the autos too. Glad you had a killer time.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Whitechapel
Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster
Whitmans Bakery

Hey guys first time posting in here

I actually went to the Mayhem Fest like last month I think and it was awesome. Considering the fact that it was the first concert ive ever went to. most of themosh pits were crazy but one of the most insane were the ones for Black Dahlia Murder's , it was great.

Oh and Free Rockstars , you could get as many as you want :smile:

Black Dahlia always has some solid mosh. Welcome to the metal thread.

Today:
UnderOath
Silversun Pickups
Pink Floyd

free rockstars?
sick.gif
damn dudes must of been wylin out extra hard in the pit
laugh.gif

i cant wait to see tbdm live. awesome to hear you had a great time and welcome

Busy weekend..anyway

Rob Zombie - greatest hits I guess, playing at a friend's house
Testament - Low
Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
Nightwish - Century Child & Wishmaster
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Helloween - Walls of Jericho
Iron Maiden, as always
tongue.gif

Mastodon
Dethklok
Converge
High on Fire

10/2 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
10/3 Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theater
10/4 Vancouver, BC @ Orpheum Theatre
10/6 Calgary, AB @ Big Four Building
10/7 Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
10/9 Salt Lake City, UT @ Great Saltair
10/10 Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
10/12 Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theater
10/13 St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
10/14 Des Moines, IA @ Val Air Ballroom
10/16 St. Paul, MN @ Myth
10/17 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/18 Milwaukee, WI @ Eagle's Auditorium
10/20 Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion
10/21 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
10/23 Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
10/24 Buffalo, NY @ The Fairgrounds
10/25 Albany, NY @ Armory
10/27 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
10/30 New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
10/31 Washington, DC @ Patriot Center
11/1 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
11/5 Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
11/6 Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
11/7 Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
11/8 Pompano Beach, FL @ Pompano Beach Amphit
11/11 Dallas, TX @ House of Blues
11/12 Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theater
11/13 Austin, TX @ Austin City Music Hall
11/14 Tulsa, OK @ Brady Theater
11/16 Las Cruces, NM @ Pan American Center
11/17 Mesa, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheater
11/18 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
11/19 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

been listening to the new CREATURES record "I, Lucifer" alot lately. this one of my favorite local so cal bands, the best way to describe it is,Slayer influenced hardcore. i only wish it was longer 10 songs 22 min but whatever just put it on repeat. you can check them out here http://www.myspace.com/weareallcreatures

if you like it you can pick up the cd over at eulogy recordings website, they're selling the CD+Shirt for $15, shipping is a bit expensive but $20 or sofor a Shirt and CD is a pretty good deal, plus the cover art which is used for the shirt is
pimp.gif

l_2bce0ef92dc84f24a4d61c00fd671950.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^oh $+$% those tracks on the myspace are dope

im not bothered at all in regards to the track length. ill def consider buying the album plus that shirt is
pimp.gif

another band im really digging right now out of Canada is WITHDRAWAL http://www.myspace.com/withdrawal13 really liked their demo and i cant wait to get their new 7" in the mail.that longsleeve shirt they have in their online store with the picture thats on their myspace is
pimp.gif
im bummed i couldnt cop one but ive spent way to much money these last couplemonths so i gotta chill with that for a bit.

Physicx if theres any other stuff coming out of Canada that i should be checking out let me know.

^^ Good looks on all the bands J1. Great stuff. Always nice to have some new stuff in rotation. Creatures is really dope.

Today:
Iron Maiden
Creatures
Bloodjinn

Hey guys sorry I didn't finish posting my review. Its been crazy trying to register for school. Yeah another year. I start Monday and I'm registeringlate. Anyway thanks for the Creatures suggestion J1Goku. You always recommend some pretty good stuff.

Back to the review

Anyway after Cannibal my voice was gone I was trying to talk the best I could. It was cool because during CC this one dude on a wheelchair was crowd surfing.Check it out . I was way up front so I had to move so thesecurity could get him. Corpsegrinder dedicated a song to him. Anyway after that we went inside to see Bullet for my Valentine. I'm not a big fan of thembut they did ok. They had some fans there but everyone was pretty much sitting down. After that we went outside so I could get something to drink and my unclecould smoke a cig. Killswitch Engage was next. They were actually pretty decent. The one guy that pissed me off was that stupid guitarist they had. He waswearing short shorts and just talking a whole bunch of nonsense but as for their performance it was good. I'm not a big fan but they put on a show. Afterthat I got hungry so I had to eat and besides Slayer was on next. I finished my overpriced personal pizza and chilled for a minute. As we were going insideguess who I see walking around. Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse. Nobody knew who he was really. I guess because it was dark too but I went up to him andasked if me and my uncle could take a picture with him and he was cool about it. I just wished i had a marker so he could sign my shirt but I didn't so myloss on that one. To top it off I took a good picture of my uncle and him but my uncle took an awful picture of me and corpsegrinder. He took it without hisface showing. Mind you it was a camera phone and my uncle had a little much to drink. I got upset but he said he owes me one. He was a cool guy to talk to. Iasked him when he would come back and he said probably in Novemeber with Hatebreed so I'll probably be going to that one. Anyway his wife was a female dog.She said yall need to support the band and buy the album and the Merchandise. And I told her what do you think I'm wearing and What do you think is in thebag (I got the comic book and the Evisceration plague album to cut in front of the line to meet the whole group earlier) and she said oh sorry. Corpsegrindersaid don't mind her she's had to many. He shook our hand and we split. By that time Slayer was about to come on so I took a quick piss and my unclewent to get a beer. I was scared because I heard Slayer chants and I thought it started but we made it in time. Slayer was awesome they pretty much playerevery song I wanted to hear. The only thing was this whole row in front of me and some people behind me were sitting down. I couldn't believe it. They werefreaking out because I was screaming and headbanging like a madman but that is what you do at a Slayer show. Besides those people it kicked but. After that Irealized I should be in the pit. I will never buy a non pit ticket after that. Anyway after that there was intermission but Marilyn Manson came out. I'mnot a big fan but I heard he can put on a show so I stayed. He was good but what pissed me off again was those people that were sitting down during Slayerstood up for MM. They freaked out because I was sitting down. I split after the third song becuase I had to catch the bus back. But it was a crazily awesomenight. Pictures will come but I still need to upload them. But it was great.

nice man. !%+% im so jealous that you got to meet kerry king AND george. i would have split right after slayer as well. i dont listen to manson all that muchplus i like to leave concerts early to avoid crowds of people.

did you get to see behemoth?

hey j1, man, if someone from my hometown were to drop a dope metal album i swear you would find out about them before i would
laugh.gif
. ill keep my eye out though

^^LOL, J1 is like icy from the fitted hat thread if any of you have ever been in there.

--BCF, you lucky sob lol. Glad you had a killer time and got to meet some legends. Please post up the pics!

Today:
Behemoth
All That Remains
Weatherbox

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

^^LOL, J1 is like icy from the fitted hat thread if any of you have ever been in there.
laugh.gif
man i try to stay out of that thread cause i waste tomuch damn money on fitteds, but i cant stop. i originally said i would only cop fitteds of my favorite teams (Devils, Suns, Mariners, Lions) but after thatonslaught of Mariners hats i couldnt do it anymore
laugh.gif
i try and focus onDevils only now, i think i must have like 25+ Devils fitteds.

anyways another recommendation

IRON AGE - THE SLEEPING EYE
ironagecoverweb_v2.jpg

i love this band so it was an instant cop for me. for those of you sleeping on this band/record wake up, as of now this and the new ISIS are my favorite albumsof the year. you can stream the whole thing HERE check it out.

also good to hear you had fun BCF.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

LOL^^ Devils Suns Mariners and Lions? How did that mix of teams come up haha. Arent you from SoCal?
well i was never a fan of the home teams so i just followed teams that my favorite players were on. Devils (Scott Stevens), Suns (KJ), Mariners(Griffey), Lions (Barry). so since then ive been loyal to those teams and will be for the rest of my life. all those players will probably remain my all timefavorites, except KJ who was taken over by Penny. and as far as college basketball and football, i root for basketball Memphis (Penny) and football OSU Cowboys(Barry). im sure im not the only one thats like this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

is there a greatest hits marilyn manson? im not into rock but im feeling this dudes music

My good friend is the BIGGEST Manson fan. She'd probably have a recommendation but this is the only Greatest Hits I know of..
That Creatures band is pretty sick. I love Thrash so it's right up my alley..

Hoy:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace/COuntdown to Exctinction
Beautiful Sin - The Unexpected
H.I.M. - Dark Light
nerd.gif

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant..supposedly they're re-releasing songs from Johan Liva's days (first vocalist) with Angela'svocals. Should be interesting..
Exodus - Bonded in Blood

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

is there a greatest hits marilyn manson? im not into rock but im feeling this dudes music

My good friend is the BIGGEST Manson fan. She'd probably have a recommendation but this is the only Greatest Hits I know of..
That Creatures band is pretty sick. I love Thrash so it's right up my alley..

Hoy:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace/COuntdown to Exctinction
Beautiful Sin - The Unexpected
H.I.M. - Dark Light
nerd.gif

Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant..supposedly they're re-releasing songs from Johan Liva's days (first vocalist) with Angela's vocals. Should be interesting..
Exodus - Bonded in Blood

most definately appreciated good sir
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom