TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
here you go Jake...
ive72v.jpg

if you can find em for cheap Id recommend picking up a pair.

wore these today...
a3e9on.jpg

peace Fam!

Good stuff guys
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Larrivee - what kinda home theatre project u got going? building the mancave?......all those alpha project shoes always had top notch materials, and great colorways. some of them were out of this world....but most were very nice. and ever since my first pair of 180's, i've always liked those fit-sleeve tongues. kinda why i liked the tailwind 92's and AM93s that much more. i think the ST's may have that as well, could be wrong since i don't have a pair......yet...
devil.gif
nerd.gif

Haha, yeah I guess I am. I'm turning an extra upstairs bedroom in our new house into a tv/theater room. Nothing too crazy, not enough space or funds forthat
laugh.gif
. I think it will be cool for us, though. I'll post somebefore/afters or in-process pics if anybody's interested and nobody minds.

Have a good one everybody!

s_dubl, super clean bursts!

Cleveland, I'm the guilty party
embarassed.gif
. those bursts are one of mygrails. bursts are my favorite shoe and usa is my favorite colorway, so I had to get them. in fact, since you posted your pair when you applied to the fam,I have not seen a pair for sale anywhere, in any size. funny thing is, you and I were not the only two in here eyeing those
nerd.gif
. and those red ones like s_dubl just posted, I was thinking of getting thosebut they were bidsniped in the closing seconds up to $80 plus shipping. not a bad price, but they were used, no box, and half size bigger than my true size. they aren't as rare as the usa's (that's just what I call 'em), so I passed in hopes that i will find an 11 in DS for a similar price one day.

larrivee, I love home theater projects. I own a condo now so I don't really have a place to set my stuff up, but when I buy a house I am definitely goingto wire up a slick system. I have a projector (just need to replace the bulb) and I will get a 7.1 system and wire through the walls/ceiling and all that. can't wait. I'm interested to see what you're doing.

Shaun - I do have quite a few pairs of the 2K9s...basically every pair that doesn't have apredominant black color. the orange pair is a women cw that was recently released in men sizes.

Morning, fam. Sorry I've been away. Once the weather goes south in Chicago, I usually don Kobes/Lebrons or boots. Sucks. I hate stashing the Maxs away for the winter, but for some reason it went from summer to one week of fall to dead of winter....

I might try and snag either Team Orange of Freshwater 95s on this Emp App 50% - I still don't have either (SMH at myself). And to all who want Parra Maxims, just wait - they are sitting.

Justin, no eBay updates? U must have a severe case of H1N1 if you are not posting eBay steals....lol. Hope u are well brother!

Jake, I have seen those black leather AM 1s on eBay go for as little at $49.99. I'll keep my eye open for a 13. Also, I spoke with Fred about the Feb 2010 show - I'll try and make it out that way if I can....

DKBaller, u movin form PEs to Maxs now?
pimp.gif
(dope Pigeons - I still need a pair).

Briannnnnn, I'm on the pinstripes bandwagon since my Cubs don't know how to play baseball anymore. Yankee fiited on my dome right now - go Yanks!

Andrew/Cleveland, to cosign with you, Matt at Corporate MT is mad legit. Buy your kicks from this man! One of the nicest and coolest dudes I ever met on this board. (And Andrew, I spoke with Kevin about CGS II in April - if I don't have a friend's bachelor party that weekend, I am there - tell Matt!)

I'm out. To all, have a great weekend....

Hey flint, I still purchase PE's whenever I come across them but been trying to get back to runners lately. I'm constantly moving around at work so Ineed comfortable shoes and runners do it for me. I did have an extensive runners collection a while ago so just getting back into it now. Got more stuff on theway!

great stuff lately fellas. the pages are flying these days!
those 180s a few pages back are very nice. hopefully nike brings out a few other colorways, and maybe some 93s, and 98s after that!
just saw these pop up on some other sites. I don't believe I've seen them in here but sorry if posted already.. I like the plastic swoosh, reminds meof 93s. these will likely be my first STs
opium-1.jpg

hope y'all have a good weekend!!
PEAS

Those ST's certainly are a great colourway. Talk that they might be an Opium collaboration. I was just saying today that I need to try on a pair ofST's to decide if they're right for me. I'm still on the fence.

Here's a couple of pickups that came while I was on holiday:
9hou35.jpg

9858wz.jpg

Both snagged on the cheap. Quick sponge and soap job for the Bursts and they'll be right. The Lights are a bit more beat, but i'm hoping a bit ofattention will bring them back to life. Washing machine gonna be ok for an ageing shoe like this, or best not to? any opinions appreciated.

UKBased - Yes with the Maize Bursts. Love that shoe. Don't put the AM2 Lights in the wash as I don't think they'll survive it. Gonna need somecarefully delivered tlc...

Jibby - thanks for the pics, hadn't seen those
nerd.gif

UKbased - nice pickups
pimp.gif
. I agree, don't take the chance machinewashing them. If it were me, I'd hand wash them a couple of times and see what you have then. To me, they look like they'd stand up to that fine.

Denver - I was definitely glad to get out of a rental so I could set this up like I want it. I've got a projector that I'm about to sell to get a newone (try to snag a black friday deal). Nothing too exciting so far, prepping and painting.....and painting some more
laugh.gif
. I'll update later on.

^ your life sounds similar to mine Larrivee.. it's nice to have a house but it's a lot of work. and of course the missus wants to paint and decorateevery room like its pottery barn! you get a girl into a house and she suddenly thinks she is a born interior decorator...
UK - nice pickups sir. I'd love to have a pair of those lights. IMO they don't look that bad, just need a bit of cleanup on themidsoles and around the laces. good stuff sir!!

UK Based - on those AM2 lights, I would suggest jason markk for the upper (based off of what crisone has done with some of his mesh/suede kicks with that kit)and probably a light hand washing of the midsole and then a couple thin coats of white paint (I suggest createx opaque white) to cover up anystaining/yellowing/markings. it's kinda hard to tell what's up with the midsoles from that angle of the pic, is the paint peeled off or just yellowed?

James...great weekend to hit Cali. Weather is going to be great!

Those STs look nice, Im feeling that colorway.

Denver..thanks for the love on the Bursts.

UK...those Yellow Bursts are dope. I agree with Dan..those Lights wont hold up in the wash, or at ;east I dont think its worht the risk.

Mike...nice 90s. Under rated IMO.

Hameed...only black based colorway I have is the black/reds, I like em. I actually like all the colors of 2K9s so far, such a dope shoe.

Peace Fam!

Is there any way to clean air max 97s? To be specific the hoa 97s grey and red. I was thinking about doing the whole pillowcase thing, but it'sdifferent materials so do you guys have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Is there any way to clean air max 97s? To be specific the hoa 97s grey and red. I was thinking about doing the whole pillowcase thing, but it's different materials so do you guys have any suggestions?
depends how dirty they are...I usually just use a cleaning wipe. I use Kirkland cleaning wipes, but you can use armor all cleaning wipes, or babywipes too. If they are real dirty the washing machine should work.

I would say the only concerns with a washing machine will be with fragile vintage shoes or with shoes that have a lot of colored suede as the coloring can fadeor bleed. if neither of those things are an issue, washing machine should be safe for anything you can't just clean by hand. wash with cold water.

TGIF!!! Hope everyone has a great one!

lot's of dope $#!T as always Fam.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Larrivee - that's dope, i can't wait for my first home purchase so i can do that. right now i just have a 5.1setup in my living room. it's nice...gets the job done....best thing i did was invest in some good speakers. i'm aiming to get a new receiver for cheaparound black friday/cyber monday as well
devil.gif

Ron - what's good man....i've been focusing on some prior commitments first. of course i've been siftingebay but haven't went after anything for myself, i did get one good deal a while ago with some help from a friend. those should be arriving sooner orlater.
nerd.gif

....these just arrived, much thanks to Danlove for the hookup, although i paid for 'em months ago....getting themnow out the blue kinda made them feel like they were free
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom