..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

O.k. can someone explain again the toebox ironing technique and if anyone has (brave) pic examples.
basically you stuff the toe box and iron the leather or steam it thru a damp piece of paper or wax paper or something to that extent, it works, but i dont have full details....

hmm. Wax paper? ... ... does a cloth or t-shirt work I wonder. I don't know about putting wax paper near a toe box.

yes, but also it thins the leather so you can't keep doing it, and like people said those were GR af1s, although light years beyond grs of today, stillkind of cheap, wasn't sure how'd they turn out.

O.k. can someone explain again the toebox ironing technique and if anyone has (brave) pic examples.
basically you stuff the toe box and iron the leather or steam it thru a damp piece of paper or wax paper or something to that extent, it works, but i dont have full details....

hmm. Wax paper? ... ... does a cloth or t-shirt work I wonder. I don't know about putting wax paper near a toe box.
yea i wasnt too sure, thats why i said somethin to that extent
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, quick someone try it. 10-2-11, Loony- try it on your HKs
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
But my HKs have barely any creases after 1 wear. And I always stuffafter I take em off so the keep the shape and creases dont show that serious. But I wanted to kinda restore some linens I found but I dont know if I'll bedoing the ironing right. With my luck I'll prob mess them up more then they are
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
O.K. 2-1 Vote. 10-2-11, run around the block a couple times in yourHKs and try out the wax paper trick. Don't worry, they're only HKs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
But my HKs have barely any creases after 1 wear. And I always stuff after I take em off so the keep the shape and creases dont show that serious. But I wanted to kinda restore some linens I found but I dont know if I'll be doing the ironing right. With my luck I'll prob mess them up more then they are
laugh.gif
check the restoration thread in JB forum
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
O.K. 2-1 Vote. 10-2-11, run around the block a couple times in your HKs and try out the wax paper trick. Don't worry, they're only HKs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Ill try it on those 03 GRs..

Rob- Linens?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ten2eleven

laugh.gif
O.K. 2-1 Vote. 10-2-11, run around the block a couple times in your HKs and try out the wax paper trick. Don't worry, they're only HKs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Ill try it on those 03 GRs..

Rob- Linens?
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
, nice. If you could document the whole process as well. You are goingto whiten them to? Complete AF1 restoration. Unfortunately I don't have a pair to try it on. I am thinking about getting a beat pair of something andtrying it out as well.

8tothe24 wrote:
pimp.gif
, nice. If you could document the whole process as well. You are going to whiten them to? Complete AF1 restoration. Unfortunately I don't have a pair to try it on. I am thinking about getting a beat pair of something and trying it out as well.

The problem is the shoes are not even beat... just minor yellowing and it has minor creasing. Ill try it anyways.

4040712408_59749c29cf.jpg

ten2eleven wrote:
8tothe24 wrote:
pimp.gif
, nice. If you could document the whole process as well. You are going to whiten them to? Complete AF1 restoration. Unfortunately I don't have a pair to try it on. I am thinking about getting a beat pair of something and trying it out as well.

The problem is the shoes are not even beat... just minor yellowing and it has minor creasing.

Oh, maybe you should just stick to whitening for now. No point in ruining good AF1s.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
But my HKs have barely any creases after 1 wear. And I always stuff after I take em off so the keep the shape and creases dont show that serious. But I wanted to kinda restore some linens I found but I dont know if I'll be doing the ironing right. With my luck I'll prob mess them up more then they are
laugh.gif
check the restoration thread in JB forum
nerd.gif
Thank you sir.. BTW, Need a fitted for my Portugal AF1 from 06... Make something happen..
nerd.gif

Rob- Linens?
nerd.gif
Yup pretty beat.. So Im iffy from the get go..

hey I tried ironing the toe box of some 1's, not much happened. I might not have been doing it right though. I used a clean kitchen towel between the ironand the shoe. I did not use steam though, and maybe that was the problem.

Thank you sir.. BTW, Need a fitted for my Portugal AF1 from 06... Make something happen..
nerd.gif

Rob- Linens?
nerd.gif
Wait for a better pair.. Speaking of fitteds I need a fitted for my HK..
nerd.gif

That time of year where I clean my room
these are all my pairs I have either worn or plan to, nothing for sale/trade (scouts honor)
bought most in the passed year and a half, the decline on hype helped prices
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

27zhf29.jpg

threw away the tissue paper and some boxes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

have 2 coming in soon that I'll post separately
edit:
if it matters, the following are B-grades:
white/white huraches
red/white/blue sheeds
black undftds

nerd.gif

Rob- Linens?
nerd.gif
Wait for a better pair.. Speaking of fitteds I need a fitted for my HK..
nerd.gif

I got my matching fitted from th good folks at CC. Chunk, that's a nice solid rotation. Still mad I passed on the blackouts.

Are both the allstars patent?

I like the red ones, if I cop those I'll take the sheeds/red Greeks off my list.

Allstar Forces haven't lived up since Denver had it in 05
381189215.jpg

or H-town
372489498.jpg
381189386.jpg

But, what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom