Taxi 12's - December '13

The taxi color way on the Air jordan xii really stands out. I'm glad to own a brand new original pair from 1996. Good luck to those that want a pair.

I figured this would be a "calendar fill in" shoe when I noticed the release date, however, after looking at all the detailed pics, I can see these will hold their own very well.

I'm a low top shoe fan, but I seriously always disliked the Taxi lows. Besides the CDP, we finally get a stand alone true retro of these.

Only thing missing would be the metal lace loop holes, but we can talk about OG vs. Retro all day, still not going to bring back the good old days.

Last edited:

Not so much the term "collector", but the term "true". I feel like it envokes a sense of elitism and entitlement. 
Well... When you think about it, people buy shoes for different reasons, and IMHO, someone that has a true appreciation for the shoes and nothing that comes with them (e-fame, breaking necks, etc) should be "above" someone else that's is just riding along with the fad and doesn't really give a rats rear about any of this.

I'm not saying only certain people should be buying or anything along those lines, but the not all "sneakerheads" are created equally
TRUTH, bruh. 
nthat.gif

Not my pic
My Sentimental Attachment seems to be outweighing my Dislike for the Decline in Quality/Materials... so these look like they MAY be a Copp, depending on how I feel the week of release.

Black/Red AJ I's are the Priority, but I wouldn't mind getting both.

Last edited:
i honestly think taxis in low top look better for some reason, just the taxis though. weird i know

That leather is looking really really nice. Way better than the shiny leather on the Playoffs and Obsidians

Just saw asked an eBay seller who had some taxis already if eyelets were METAL* or plastic, he said plastic. Doesn't make sense why CopKickz said they were metal. :smh:

Probably will cop 2 instead of 3 now.

Last edited:
If were technically speaking, gold is an element and plastic is a polymer

Talking about the use of gold on these shoes, obviously.

Use context clues, chief. Do you (or anyone, for that matter) think that Nike would even consider using gold (the element) on these?

Last edited:
Talking about the use of gold on these shoes, obviously.

Use context clues, chief. Do you (or anyone, for that matter) think that Nike would even consider using gold (the element) on these?

It was clearly a joke and your slight smart comment at the dude above you was unnecessary. You knew what he meant but had to be a smart *** about it.

And no, they wouldnt use gold, the element on the shoes because its impossible. Gold is too soft. That why you need to mix it into something called an alloy.

Is that a good enough answer for you, chief?

Last edited:
dude didnt even use a lol so u know he was tryin be the teacher on his sentence but seriously geraldg2309 geraldg2309 how can you ever think of making mistakes in this IQ busting forum? :tongue:

:rofl: just noticed my mistake. METAL* not gold. Just got out of multi variable calculus, cut me some slack lol

dude didnt even use a lol so u know he was tryin be the teacher on his sentence but seriously @geraldg2309how can you ever think of making mistakes in this IQ busting forum?
tongue.gif
You fellas are sensitive.

His question didn't make any kind of sense..."are they gold or plastic?"...of course they're not gold. They can be gold colored plastic, or even gold colored metal that isn't actually gold...but asking if they're gold or plastic is kind of a loaded question, don't you think?
roll.gif
 just noticed my mistake. METAL* not gold. Just got out of multi variable calculus, cut me some slack lol

Last edited:
roll.gif
just noticed my mistake. METAL* not gold. Just got out of multi variable calculus, cut me some slack lol
Calc 3? Engineering major?

Man I loved/hated that class. It gets tough visualizing the saddles and all the shapes and stuff but it's pretty straight forwards

Back
Top Bottom