Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

if it's sticking to the grill you gotta let it cook longer before you flip it.  don't flip them a grip though.  they'll be all dry.

if it's sticking to the grill you gotta let it cook longer before you flip it.  don't flip them a grip though.  they'll be all dry.

I'm grilling salmon right now. My mother says to leave it, no flip, for about 15 minutes. I didn't even get to see if she seasoned it or not, best have 
laugh.gif

I'm grilling salmon right now. My mother says to leave it, no flip, for about 15 minutes. I didn't even get to see if she seasoned it or not, best have 
laugh.gif

whats a good marinade for chicken kabobs? im picky and like plain food but want to add a little sweetness/flavor to the chicken

whats a good marinade for chicken kabobs? im picky and like plain food but want to add a little sweetness/flavor to the chicken

Originally Posted by bkmac

The heat is in full effect, and it still technically isn't summer yet
eek.gif
pimp.gif

What's everyone been grilling?

havent had time to really think too far out of the box myself, so i just been stickin with basic stuff for my weekday dinners.  grill has been in use 3 days this week already

Whats been on my grill this month:

- thick cut bone in pork chops
- ribeye steaks
- tri tip
- cornish game hens
- various veggies
- japanese kushiyaki/yakitori type stuff (chicken drumettes, chicken gizzard, american wagyu chuckroll)

For those of you that like (or dont hate) cauliflower, try to throw it on the grill sometime.  A quick and easy way to prepare it is to wash and cut it into large chunks/florettes.  drizzle and toss in EVOO then season with salt, pepper, and cumin.  very very simple veggie side dish that you can serve with your meat.

The heat is in full effect, and it still technically isn't summer yet
eek.gif
pimp.gif

What's everyone been grilling?

havent had time to really think too far out of the box myself, so i just been stickin with basic stuff for my weekday dinners.  grill has been in use 3 days this week already

Whats been on my grill this month:

- thick cut bone in pork chops
- ribeye steaks
- tri tip
- cornish game hens
- various veggies
- japanese kushiyaki/yakitori type stuff (chicken drumettes, chicken gizzard, american wagyu chuckroll)

For those of you that like (or dont hate) cauliflower, try to throw it on the grill sometime.  A quick and easy way to prepare it is to wash and cut it into large chunks/florettes.  drizzle and toss in EVOO then season with salt, pepper, and cumin.  very very simple veggie side dish that you can serve with your meat.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

its not really a sweet marinade, but at the local Bristol Farms by my place they sell this Mediteranean marinade at the meat counter.  If you like mediteranean flavors, it is unbelievable.  They will have lamb k-bobs that are pre-marinated in it if you wanna give it a test run.  If you don't like lamb because of the gaminess, not to fear.  For whatever reason, these lamb kbobs are well marinated/seasoned and have little to no gaminess (my wife usually wont mess with lamb but she loves the kbobs).  You can soak your chicken skewers in these and then cook and eat along with some taboullie, hummus, tzatziki, pita bread or pilaf rice.  I actually just prepared this for dinner last Sunday.

I'll try to get the name of the marinade next time I stop by the market.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

its not really a sweet marinade, but at the local Bristol Farms by my place they sell this Mediteranean marinade at the meat counter.  If you like mediteranean flavors, it is unbelievable.  They will have lamb k-bobs that are pre-marinated in it if you wanna give it a test run.  If you don't like lamb because of the gaminess, not to fear.  For whatever reason, these lamb kbobs are well marinated/seasoned and have little to no gaminess (my wife usually wont mess with lamb but she loves the kbobs).  You can soak your chicken skewers in these and then cook and eat along with some taboullie, hummus, tzatziki, pita bread or pilaf rice.  I actually just prepared this for dinner last Sunday.

I'll try to get the name of the marinade next time I stop by the market.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Screw all the marinating I'm just gonna buy a 70$ slab of filet mignon and bless everyone with some medium rare steaks with just salt and peppper
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I will make my homemade Mango BBQ sauce today though, I could really use a smoker. 
grin.gif

Thanks for the inspiration bro. I never thought about this, I got some experimenting to do.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Screw all the marinating I'm just gonna buy a 70$ slab of filet mignon and bless everyone with some medium rare steaks with just salt and peppper
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I will make my homemade Mango BBQ sauce today though, I could really use a smoker. 
grin.gif

Thanks for the inspiration bro. I never thought about this, I got some experimenting to do.

for those of you who wannt to smoke there meat but dont have a smoker my friend has a reg round bbq and there is youtube videos on how to smoke your meat using those he made ribs and the meat was falling off the bone when they were done so i will be trying this

for those of you who wannt to smoke there meat but dont have a smoker my friend has a reg round bbq and there is youtube videos on how to smoke your meat using those he made ribs and the meat was falling off the bone when they were done so i will be trying this

Originally Posted by BaYBoSs

I want to get a smoker but I always wondered, how do you keep it at a certain temperature when it comes to smoking?

I want to get a smoker but I always wondered, how do you keep it at a certain temperature when it comes to smoking?

post the videos?
nerd.gif

post the videos?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

How thick was the Salmon?

how hot was the fire?

in my experience 15 minutes might be 5 minutes too long. 

all salmon needs is olive oil, salt and pepper and youre good to go...

laugh.gif

How thick was the Salmon?

how hot was the fire?

in my experience 15 minutes might be 5 minutes too long. 

all salmon needs is olive oil, salt and pepper and youre good to go...

Back
Top Bottom