Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Pablo, u gonna wanna boil the potatos first. but not all thje way done. kill the fire, and then let them cool. slice the potatos the long way, long slim strips, almost like fries, leave the skins on too.

mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon pepper ( if u dont have a zester for lemons or limes) some red pepper flakes.

douse the oil mixture on your potatos and throw em on the grill til they crispy and you're good...

I use Sweet potatos for this too.

Im watching the food network this morn that gaidia(sp) chick did the exact same thing, all he did was add the part about the game
roll.gif

Most recipes are basically common knowledge

I get all  my cooking techniques and recipes from my family who got it from someone who got it from somewhere else ...

No, its quoted word for word

Pablo, u gonna wanna boil the potatos first. but not all thje way done. kill the fire, and then let them cool. slice the potatos the long way, long slim strips, almost like fries, leave the skins on too.

mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon pepper ( if u dont have a zester for lemons or limes) some red pepper flakes.

douse the oil mixture on your potatos and throw em on the grill til they crispy and you're good...

I use Sweet potatos for this too.

Im watching the food network this morn that gaidia(sp) chick did the exact same thing, all he did was add the part about the game
roll.gif

Most recipes are basically common knowledge

I get all  my cooking techniques and recipes from my family who got it from someone who got it from somewhere else ...

No, its quoted word for word

So I ended up finally doing it....I got a smoker and did it up on Sunday.  I bought the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker - went for the 18.5" version.

1.jpg

I dominated it.  Cooked 2 slanbs of ribs, a whole chicken and sausage.  It came out sick.  Was a fair amount of work but ended up being kinda fun.  Here's a pic of some of the goods:

So I ended up finally doing it....I got a smoker and did it up on Sunday.  I bought the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker - went for the 18.5" version.

1.jpg

I dominated it.  Cooked 2 slanbs of ribs, a whole chicken and sausage.  It came out sick.  Was a fair amount of work but ended up being kinda fun.  Here's a pic of some of the goods:

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I've only made skewers a few times.  I'm always worried about the meat cooking properly and taking longer than the vegetables.

skewer seperately.

putting veggies + meat on the same skewers looks nice, but its damn near impossible to get the food cooked properly.  You either end up with undercooked meat, or overcooked/obliterated veggies + soggy meat (from all the extra moisture that the cooking veggies put off).

at the end of the day yorue gonna end up taking all the food off the skewers anyways.  Just do all your meat together, the onions together, the peppers together, then unskewer and serve.  Taste > Appearance anyways.

Living in SoCal my grill is never put away.  Even in the dead of winter it will get used a few times each month.  Summer time, its on.

I have an old Weber Genesis Silver which is an absolute tank.  As much as I would like to go to charcoal it just isnt time efficient enough when I'm cooking a mid-week dinner for two.  I'm also working with limited space since I dont have a yard (condo living FTL).  Thankfully I have 2 fairly good sized balcony decks.  I already have my propane grill on the ground floor balcony, and I am thinking of getting a Big Green Egg to put upstairs.  I figure I can slow smoke some ribs and chicken and stuff that doesn't need to be attended as much on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I've only made skewers a few times.  I'm always worried about the meat cooking properly and taking longer than the vegetables.

skewer seperately.

putting veggies + meat on the same skewers looks nice, but its damn near impossible to get the food cooked properly.  You either end up with undercooked meat, or overcooked/obliterated veggies + soggy meat (from all the extra moisture that the cooking veggies put off).

at the end of the day yorue gonna end up taking all the food off the skewers anyways.  Just do all your meat together, the onions together, the peppers together, then unskewer and serve.  Taste > Appearance anyways.

Living in SoCal my grill is never put away.  Even in the dead of winter it will get used a few times each month.  Summer time, its on.

I have an old Weber Genesis Silver which is an absolute tank.  As much as I would like to go to charcoal it just isnt time efficient enough when I'm cooking a mid-week dinner for two.  I'm also working with limited space since I dont have a yard (condo living FTL).  Thankfully I have 2 fairly good sized balcony decks.  I already have my propane grill on the ground floor balcony, and I am thinking of getting a Big Green Egg to put upstairs.  I figure I can slow smoke some ribs and chicken and stuff that doesn't need to be attended as much on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Anyone have anything good for shrimp??
I swear the only seasoning I use is Spice Classics Seasoned Salt.

14393.jpg

Put a good amount of this on the shrimp before grilling (so while it's in a bowl, mix it around). Place on tinfoil and put that on the grill, and if you would like, sprinkle a bit more of the salt onto the shrimp, and let it cook.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Anyone have anything good for shrimp??
I swear the only seasoning I use is Spice Classics Seasoned Salt.

14393.jpg

Put a good amount of this on the shrimp before grilling (so while it's in a bowl, mix it around). Place on tinfoil and put that on the grill, and if you would like, sprinkle a bit more of the salt onto the shrimp, and let it cook.

http://www.delish.com/rec...ables-lemon-herb-recipes
Grilled veggies with lemon & herbs. I'm trying this and other stuff this afternoon

grilledveg400.jpg

1 large eggplant (or 2 baby)

Sea salt

4  zucchini or yellow squash (or any combination of the two)

1  red bell pepper

2/3 cup(s) olive oil, divided

1 clove(s) garlic, peeled

3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, marjoram, thyme, chives, flatleaf parsley, or any combination of the five)

Freshly ground pepper, to taste

http://www.delish.com/rec...ables-lemon-herb-recipes
Grilled veggies with lemon & herbs. I'm trying this and other stuff this afternoon

grilledveg400.jpg

1 large eggplant (or 2 baby)

Sea salt

4  zucchini or yellow squash (or any combination of the two)

1  red bell pepper

2/3 cup(s) olive oil, divided

1 clove(s) garlic, peeled

3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh herbs (such as basil, marjoram, thyme, chives, flatleaf parsley, or any combination of the five)

Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Throwing some Chicken Legs, Tilapia and some Beer Brats on the grill today
pimp.gif

Throwing some Chicken Legs, Tilapia and some Beer Brats on the grill today
pimp.gif

The heat is in full effect, and it still technically isn't summer yet
eek.gif
pimp.gif

What's everyone been grilling?

The heat is in full effect, and it still technically isn't summer yet
eek.gif
pimp.gif

What's everyone been grilling?

i gotta quick question. i make my burgers with ground beef but sometimes when i grill em, they tend to break apart. what can i use to mix in with the ground beef so i wont break apart while im grillin?

i gotta quick question. i make my burgers with ground beef but sometimes when i grill em, they tend to break apart. what can i use to mix in with the ground beef so i wont break apart while im grillin?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.
Good Stuff.
Imma have to give this a trial run  tomorrow .

nerd.gif

Havent grilled in a minute, damn weddings have been killing my weekends. 

Am going to beer marinade next time around, though.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.
Good Stuff.
Imma have to give this a trial run  tomorrow .

nerd.gif

Havent grilled in a minute, damn weddings have been killing my weekends. 

Am going to beer marinade next time around, though.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Are you flipping them too early too often? I've noticed if you let them cook on the initial side for a little while longer when they are first put on the grill, when it's the "right" time to flip them, they won't tend to break, because they will be a bit harder. The same goes for patties.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Are you flipping them too early too often? I've noticed if you let them cook on the initial side for a little while longer when they are first put on the grill, when it's the "right" time to flip them, they won't tend to break, because they will be a bit harder. The same goes for patties.

Back
Top Bottom