STREET FIGHTER 4!

got damn i can't super cancel or focus cancel to save my life
smh.gif

^^ the trick is to hold the focus attack button while doing the dash ... it bugged me 4 the first couple of days ...

ryu for example ... shoryuken ... focus attack immediately after input ... (hold) , press back back immediately = cancel ... then try to follow w/ ur ultra ...
eek.gif

^^ (oh yeh if ur doing the ultra ... make sure u have 2 super bars ... the ex cancel requires it)

how bout the super cancel? like doing ken's super right after a hadouken. i can't seem to get the timing right

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Seth shouldn't be an online player... Haven't played against anyone with him but I just played with him and wow is all I can say

Co sign..... Dude is just...
sick.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
If I play against someone online and they pick seth...I'm pullin' the plug, F' that...
smh.gif

unless a human user of seth can teleport like crazy, then i wouldn't worry.

Originally Posted by rcdp

My PS3 stopped reading BluRay Disks. FML

Did your ps3 stop reading games too? after playing a few times and turning my ps3 on and off, my ps3 stopped loading games. i looked up on some other onlineforums that you might need to "rebuild the hard disk".

while the ps3 is on standby (red light on) hold the power button until it beeps twice. it will be in standby still.
then hold it again until u hear two more beeps then immediately let go. then select "rebuild hard disk (or something like that, i forget exactly what issaid). that fixed my problem

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

how bout the super cancel? like doing ken's super right after a hadouken. i can't seem to get the timing right

a cancel is a cancel doesn't matter the special move ... its about holding down that focus attack buttons as soon as the move starts ... then u dashforward or back depending on where the opponent goes ... and then u have to do ur next move whether its an ultra, supers, reg move, etc.

there is the cancel to absord a hit, there is the cancel u can do after ur attack gets blocked to retreat from being attacked, there is a cancel u can do intour next move (special, ultra, w/e), u can do so much w/ it ...

to answer ur question though ... doing after a hadouken would seem tough (i haven't tried it), and w/o using the corner u would have to press the buttonsfast as hell ... fireball, focus attack hold, dash forward, super or ultra ...

Originally Posted by oillusiveo

Did your ps3 stop reading games too? after playing a few times and turning my ps3 on and off, my ps3 stopped loading games. i looked up on some other online forums that you might need to "rebuild the hard disk".

while the ps3 is on standby (red light on) hold the power button until it beeps twice. it will be in standby still.
then hold it again until u hear two more beeps then immediately let go. then select "rebuild hard disk (or something like that, i forget exactly what is said). that fixed my problem

I wish I would have read that last night. I ended up reformating my entire hard drive. It fixed it though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

a cancel is a cancel doesn't matter the special move ... its about holding down that focus attack buttons as soon as the move starts ... then u dash forward or back depending on where the opponent goes ... and then u have to do ur next move whether its an ultra, supers, reg move, etc.

there is the cancel to absord a hit, there is the cancel u can do after ur attack gets blocked to retreat from being attacked, there is a cancel u can do into ur next move (special, ultra, w/e), u can do so much w/ it ...

to answer ur question though ... doing after a hadouken would seem tough (i haven't tried it), and w/o using the corner u would have to press the buttons fast as hell ... fireball, focus attack hold, dash forward, super or ultra ...
which are the focus buttons?? and how do u use them

Originally Posted by daaznfella

it's actually in your manual.....
So then what are the moves that cause a little annimation when you do them? I thought those were ultra combo finishers?

yall need to hit up ur manuals, and training, and challenge modes ... not talking to u ethan ... i hope that helps btw

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

I absolutely suck at this game.
roll.gif
gettin raped online. my winning percent is like 20.

fun game though.
co-sign
x3

i get slapped around like nobodies business
laugh.gif
x4

Add me if you aren't good also
laugh.gif
. GT is on the sig.

Originally Posted by oillusiveo

Did your ps3 stop reading games too? after playing a few times and turning my ps3 on and off, my ps3 stopped loading games. i looked up on some other online forums that you might need to "rebuild the hard disk".

then hold it again until u hear two more beeps then immediately let go. then select "rebuild hard disk (or something like that, i forget exactly what is said). that fixed my problem
My PS3 (40gig) has been teasing me nh. First I was playing online and after 5 matches, the screen just turns black and it sounds like it keepstrying to read the disk. I try to power it off, but it won't even power off so I need to manual shutdown using the button on the back. I try a bunch moretimes trying to load SF4, MLB The Show, Various Blu Rays movie and each time the PS3 would freeze and then I would need to manually shut it down. I wait about10 mins and try in SF4 again, the game loads and gets all the way up to the pregame load screen (where it shows both characters) then it freezes again. Ispray the PS3 with some dust cleaner and then I get about 20 matches online til it freezes again. I try to play DVDs and they work fine.

I was looking online and there's some reports of this where I need to clean my BluRay lens. There's a tutorial online, but I aint sure I can takeapart my ps3 and put it back together. The other option is to send it in to Sony and pay $150 since I'm like 2 months over warranty
smh.gif
. I'll try tosee other options before I go off sending Sony more money for this system.

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

i don't see anyone using seth and gouken online yet
nerd.gif
I have Gouken but i havent been training with him yet. After i start my training with him bets to believe he will be one of my main characters.The only thing that puts me off about him is that he cant do a regular shoryuken

How did you unlock him? (Gouken) ive gotten everyone up to Akuma and havent figured out how to get either him or seth. Info would be appreciated.

to unlock gouken you need to beat aracde mode with akuma on any difficulty u must have exactly 1 perfect round and 3 ultra combo finishes that means that youhave to beat three opponents with his raging demon to finish it i did it by getting them low on health then finished them off

Originally Posted by im that one

How did you unlock him? (Gouken) ive gotten everyone up to Akuma and havent figured out how to get either him or seth. Info would be appreciated.

1. beat game normally with akuma. ( u can use continues)
2. beat game again with anyone of your choice ( 2 perfects, 3 ultra finishes, NO continues)
3. Gouken comes out after beating seth, beat gouken, and u got him
4. Remember, NO CONTINUES

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

to unlock gouken you need to beat aracde mode with akuma on any difficulty u must have exactly 1 perfect round and 3 ultra combo finishes that means that you have to beat three opponents with his raging demon to finish it i did it by getting them low on health then finished them off
after unlocking akuma, I used ryu untill i got to seth and lost on purpose. I continued and picked Akuma. After I defeated seth with Akuma, Ibeat the game again with any player. No continues, 2 perfects. 3 ultra finishes. Beat gouken, then unlocked him. I never had to beat the game with Akuma using2 perfects, 3 ultras, and no continues. Maybe theres more than one way to unlock gouken, IDK.

Back
Top Bottom