Steve McNair found shot to death. Murder-Suicide by 20 year old GF

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Also about Kazemi....I don't know the type of person she was, but if my daughter or any of my female relatives at 15 said they were going to move to Tenn and live with their boyfriend, I would have put my foot down. I don't know the inner-workings of their family, but you don't see many 15 year-olds living with their boyfriends....
Good point.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Also about Kazemi....I don't know the type of person she was, but if my daughter or any of my female relatives at 15 said they were going to move to Tenn and live with their boyfriend, I would have put my foot down. I don't know the inner-workings of their family, but you don't see many 15 year-olds living with their boyfriends....
Good point.

I just really think she was an impressionable young girl. I wonder if that Norfleet guy was much older than her? If so, she was 15, and he provided her w. ahome and most likely spoiled her....when she was 19, on came McNair...who was able to provide anything and MORE than Norfleet could ever do for Kazemi.

Off of my assumption(s), and after seeing that myspace page, I can't help to think that there was a huge factor of jealousy coming from the ex. I meanhonestly, how could he compete w. McNair if it came down to materialistic things? You know dude was just sitting around WAITING for the day that Kazemi toldhim that the McNair situation was just a "fling" and she would get back with him. I think McNair was stupid and really fell head over heels for thisgirl....I don't know which side of the story to believe, but there is probably some truth in what Kazemi's friends and family are saying about thesituation....

If the cops make this a murder-suicide, this goes away quickly.....however, with all the dirt that's coming up, that "murder-suicide" theorystarts to look more and more untrue....

hearing bits n pieces of this - crazy
smh.gif

havent read the whole thread but from the couple of posts i see it looks like NT is on the job-

I cant say anything for sure but a couple of points are kinda off here-

1) it doesn't seem like McNair was "creeping" at all with shorty...theres plenty of situations with these athletes that the "wives" andthem have agreements about jumpoffs or side joints...but with this one it seems as if the marriage was over but they were riding it out for the kids orplanning for the divorce...im positive hearing that mcnair was with this chick is not news to the wife

2) i dont see any motives yet- gotta read more but shorty was reaping benefits, so to kill him AND herself seems silly...wife buggin out and doing it?nah...sure she'd be better off in divorce court than criminal court
maybe ex boyfriends? but it seems like he was still messsing with shorty and could have been seeing some of the $ too....

and to those who said no 20yr old chick would do that
laugh.gif
do you see whereshe is from
nerd.gif
but again i dont buy that angle eithier

idk crazy situation like i said-

RIP to all involved- hope it gets resolved...feel for the kids...his name is tainted regardless
smh.gif

this one hurt more than mike jackson dying..

i remember watching dude play since i was like 10 back in 98' & all that.. titans vs jaguars was always
pimp.gif

i never really appreciated dude i just figured he'd always be around then he went to baltimore i was like wow dudes might have a legit shot at a ring withthat D..

Crazy how Rolle, Dyson & McNair all stuck together..

RIP to a great player & what I'm guessing was a good dude..
pimp.gif

the ex bf best friend def had something to do with this...his myspace said it all his mood posted on the 2nd and death not announced until 4th is reallyfishy...then he deleted his account really suspect

from yahoo-

[h1]Shooting unveils very different sides of McNair[/h1]
By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
y_sports-hi.png

[h2]Printable View[/h2]Return to Original

Related Video

1246756276.jpg

Latest on homicide
Latest on homicide
Former teammates struggle with news

More NFL Videos

Other Celebrity Updates

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)-SteveMcNair(notes) earned the respect of his fellow NFL players for shaking off defenders and injuries. That same blue-collarplaying style won the love of fans amazed at how the quarterback kept showing up for work-and winning.

He endeared himself more with his charity work. Not just from the checks he handed out, but for throwing himself into the efforts, like he did when loadingboxes onto tractor-trailers bound for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Publicly, McNair was a happily married man and proud father of four sons who split his time between his Mississippi farm and a home in Music City, wherecelebrities are cherished, not hassled.

But when he was found shot to death on the Fourth of July with his 20-year-old girlfriend dead nearby, a darker side of his private life was suddenly thrustinto the spotlight.

"People have certain things that they do in life," said McNair's longtime friend Robert Gaddy, who called 911. "We don't need to lookon the situation at this time (but) on the fact we just lost a great member of society."

Even McNair's longtime agent said he didn't know about the former quarterback's relationship with Saleh Kazemi until news broke of the deaths.Now police call 36-year-old McNair the victim of homicide, though they aren't yet ready to label Kazemi's death a suicide despite her single bulletwound to the head.

"As good as he was on the football field, that couldn't touch the person," agent Bus Cook said Sunday, still shaken by McNair's death."I mean it just couldn't."

Hints of a problem with alcohol surfaced in May 2003 when a Nashville police officer pulled McNair over on suspicion of drunk driving. Police said thequarterback's blood alcohol content was .18 percent-well over Tennessee's legal limit. He also was charged with having a 9mm weapon with him, but allthe charges were later dropped.

McNair was charged with drunken driving in 2007 because he let his brother-in-law drive his pickup truck. Those charges were later dropped when the DUIcharge against the brother-in-law was reduced to reckless driving.

And McNair could have been charged again Thursday night when the same officer who arrested him in 2003 stopped a 2007 Cadillac Escalade driven by Kazemi andregistered to both her and McNair. Kazemi was arrested on a DUI charge, and he was allowed to leave in a taxi.

Dr. Sherry Blake, a clinical psychologist who practices in the Atlanta area, has counseled athletes and entertainers about the temptations of easy drugs,alcohol and women. She talked Sunday about the challenges even for those with strong family ties, though not about the McNair case specifically.

"Individuals can't get enough of the limelight. It's easy to have people telling you how great and wonderful you are rather thanotherwise," Blake said.

"The sad part is many times the public likes to be close to you not because of who you are but what you do."

Police labeled his death homicide Sunday, revealing McNair had been shot four times-twice in the head, twice in the chest when found in a rented condominiumhe shared with a longtime friend, Wayne Neeley. Police found a semiautomatic pistol under Kazemi's body.

But police spokesman Don Aaron said they were reviewing every possibility, interviewing friends of both and an ex-boyfriend before labeling Kazemi'sdeath.

On the football field, he simply was "Air McNair," a winner.

McNair still holds the NCAA's Football Championship Series (formerly Division I-AA) records for career yards passing (14,496) and total offense (16,823)from his days at tiny Alcorn State in Mississippi.

He played 13 NFL seasons, starting with the then-Houston Oilers, and led Tennessee to its famous last-second 2000 Super Bowl loss to the St. Louis Rams. He ended his career in Baltimore last season, after being tradedaway by the Titans after they drafted VinceYoung(notes) as a replacement to the aching and expensive veteran.

People look over the condomini…
AP - Jul 5, 6:43 pm EDT

A four-time Pro Bowler, he shared the NFL's MVP award with Peyton Manning(notes)in 2003.

"Many of our defensive players talked about what a huge challenge it was playing against him," Manning said in a statement. "He and I hadsome great battles against each other."

McNair never acknowledged any of his numerous injuries on the field, even in one game when the painkilling shot wore off before he drove the Titans to atouchdown and ran in for the tying 2-point conversion. Then he led them to the winning field goal.

Young called McNair, a father figure since Young was a teenager, "Pops."

"I hear his advice in my head with everything I do. Life will be very different without him," Young said in a statement.

McNair's friends want the quarterback to be remembered for his generosity. He gave away turkeys and checks in Tennessee, toys in Baltimore and paid forthree football camps himself this year. Cook talked to someone Saturday who saw McNair cleaning up the field after one camp at Southern Mississippi.

A biohazard warning sign is po…
AP - Jul 5, 6:39 pm EDT

"That was Steve McNair. That's who he is. And who he was," an emotional Cook recalled.

Cook described Mechelle, who married McNair in 1997, as "very upset, very distraught." A viewing will be held Thursday at a Nashville funeralhome, followed by another viewing at Mount Zion Baptist Church with a memorial service Thursday night. A funeral service will be held Saturday in Mississippi,but final details were not set.

McNair met Kazemi at the Dave & Buster's restaurant where she worked as a server and where when his family ate often. The two began dating a fewmonths ago in a relationship that included a vacation with parasailing. Photos posted on TMZ.com showed McNair gazing and smiling at the young Kazemi.

"She pretty obviously got mixed up way over her head with folks," said Reagan Howard, a neighbor of Kazemi's.

A man who answered the door at a house in the Jacksonville, Fla., suburb of Orange Park said it was the home of Kazemi's family, but said her relativesdid not want to comment.

"We don't have anything to say, please leave us alone," he said.

People look over the tributes …
AP - Jul 5, 6:30 pm EDT

The victim's sister, Soheyla Kazemi, told the Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville that the young woman had expected McNair to get a divorce. "Shesaid they were planning to get married."

Nashville courts had no record of a McNair divorce case, but a home he owned in Nashville is on the market for $3 million.

The real estate agent declined to comment. Her online listing for property described it as a "gigantic house" of more than 14,000 square feet andphotos showed a pool, home theater, baby grand piano and ornate furnishings throughout.

Kimberly Hardy visited a restaurant McNair recently opened near Tennessee State University to provide healthy, affordable food for college students. TheNashville woman said McNair had been nice to her the handful of times she met him. She said she hated what had happened to him.

"But I do think that all the greatness he accomplished will endure forever," Hardy said.

Associated Press writers Ron Word in Jacksonville, Fla.; Travis Loller, Lucas L. Johnson II and Joe Edwards in Nashville.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

The victim's sister, Soheyla Kazemi, told the Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville that the young woman had expected McNair to get a divorce. "She said they were planning to get married."

Nashville courts had no record of a McNair divorce case, but a home he owned in Nashville is on the market for $3 million.
This sticks out the most for me. Messages were mixed or misinterpreted. She is a young, impressionable woman who probably thought their fling waseventually going to turn to marriage. Maybe he told her, I don't want to marry you and she fired on him. Don't give her the benefit of the doubt thatbecause she was 20 and had a sugar daddy that she had no reason to off herself. People kill themselves everyday over less trivial things. She had access to hisguns so her being able to obtain one isn't as hard as we'd like it to be.

Her family is coming off as very sketchy. What good father and mother lets their 15 year old child move hundreds of miles away with another male who had aquestionable past?
Tre...did u catch this in the article??

And McNair could have been charged again Thursday night when the same officer who arrested him in 2003 stopped a 2007 Cadillac Escalade driven by Kazemi and registered to both her and McNair. Kazemi was arrested on a DUI charge, and he was allowed to leave in a taxi.

quite a coincidence....that officer is about to be reassigned....

also if I'm not mistaken, McNair wasn't even written up on the ticket...and she was supposedly high, not drunk.

There's no importance or relevance to what happened. This happens all the time if the passenger is in the clear.

And McNair could have been charged again Thursday night when the same officer who arrested him in 2003 stopped a 2007 Cadillac Escalade driven by Kazemi and registered to both her and McNair. Kazemi was arrested on a DUI charge, and he was allowed to leave in a taxi.

also if I'm not mistaken, McNair wasn't even written up on the ticket...and she was supposedly high, not drunk.

Wait.. why should he have been charged? He was just a passenger?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

The car was registered to him...I never said he should have been charged, but who ever wrote up the ticket left out the small detail that McNairwas in the car in the first place.

Monday, July 6, 2009
Relative: Woman bought gun, cops say

ESPN.com news services

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A relative of the woman found shot to death with Steve McNair said Monday that Nashville police told him she recently purchased a gun and that police believe they are almost sure she was the shooter. Farzin Abdi is 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi's nephew, but the two were raised together like brother and sister. Abdi says he does not believe Kazemi would have killed the former Tennessee Titans quarterback and herself. Abdi said Kazemi, McNair's girlfriend, had no motive. McNair and Kazemi were found dead on Saturday in a condominium owned by McNair. Nashville police didn't immediately have a reaction to Abdi's comments. Abdi said Kazemi believed McNair was divorcing his wife and she was preparing to sell her furniture to move in with him. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

The car was registered to him...I never said he should have been charged, but who ever wrote up the ticket left out the small detail that McNair was in the car in the first place.

I dont know if that is the law in Tenn. But I know in CT the only person that gets in trouble for a DUI is the driver. Passengers could be passedout drunk, or throwing up in the passenger seat and they dont get in any kind of trouble. Even if it is their car that the person is driving.

The passengers dont even get cited on the ticket as being in the car. They have nothing to do with the DUI that the driver is receiving. The only time apassenger would be acknowledged in a DUI case is if there was an accident and they are just being accounted for as witnesses to the crash.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Monday, July 6, 2009
Relative: Woman bought gun, cops say

ESPN.com news services

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A relative of the woman found shot to death with Steve McNair said Monday that Nashville police told him she recently purchased a gun and that police believe they are almost sure she was the shooter. Farzin Abdi is 20-year-old Sahel Kazemi's nephew, but the two were raised together like brother and sister. Abdi says he does not believe Kazemi would have killed the former Tennessee Titans quarterback and herself. Abdi said Kazemi, McNair's girlfriend, had no motive. McNair and Kazemi were found dead on Saturday in a condominium owned by McNair. Nashville police didn't immediately have a reaction to Abdi's comments. Abdi said Kazemi believed McNair was divorcing his wife and she was preparing to sell her furniture to move in with him. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I swear this is like the 3rd or 4th relative that says they were raised like "brother and sister." With that big of a family influencearound you, someone should have stepped in when this girl moved to Tenn when she was 15 to live w. her boyfriend....

Well, the police have the gun....if it's the one that was purchased by Kazemi, then the police should have this wrapped up quickly....I think
grin.gif

Some of y'all seriously need to join the police academy and get your CSI on forreal and some of the things posted here are makin' me wonder about thiswhole thing...but some of y'all are takin' it too far sayin' a 20 year old ain't got the cajones to gun somebody else and themselves down orhow could she fall on the gun....

Love makes people do crazy things, especially females. This babe was 20, pushin his Bentley, he just got her a new escalade. You don't think she fullybelieved dude when he said he was gonna leave his wife for her. If that's what went down she fell for that hook, line, and sinker. Then if they got in anargument and Steve hit her with the "...B(*)) please...you just a side piece...I ain't leavin my wife and kids for you!" Y'all don't seehow she coulda spazzed out and popped dude...then realize what she did and pop her self..I do.

Furthermore, I didn't hear anybody say anything about her possibly bein' high at the time. She said she was high when stopped for the DUI so we knowshe took drugs. Ole girl could been hopped up on coke, xanex, ex, heroin, or whatever kinda drug you want to name. One thing leads to another and in heraltered mind state unloads four shots on Steve and offs herself.

I'm leanin' toward murder-suicide but wouldn't be surprised if the old boyfriend set this up.

Well, the police have the gun....if it's the one that was purchased by Kazemi, then the police should have this wrapped up quickly....I think
not necessarily.... how easy is it for the ex bf to get HER gun, and cap both of them??

tests on her hands will easily tell if she even fired a gun - then they can go from there...they have more info then they are releasing to the public forobvious reasons- same as every case...

just cause she owns the gun doesnt mean shes the shooter...if somebody takes my gun and shoots me is it suicide?

if she is not the shooter then it makes it more obvious that its someone close enough with access or knowledge to take her gun -

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

not necessarily.... how easy is it for the ex bf to get HER gun, and cap both of them??

No I agree w. you....

if all the evidence was clear-cut, this would have been a closed case by now.

I mean, you got all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork saying this and that...."cousins" saying Kazemi purchased a gun a few daysearlier....all signs SHOULD point to this being a murder/suicide, but with each day/hour this case goes on, the more and more it looks like there were otherparties involved.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Not sure how the shooting unveils a different side of him.

exactly. thas a horse #$!@ sensationalist title to that article
thats mainstream media for you - but i guess they are talking about the DUIs, guns, jumpoffs etc...as opposed to the charities, donations, commservice etc-

Steve McNair was probably murdered by a gun that was bought with his money. Ain't that some +#%+...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Some of y'all seriously need to join the police academy and get your CSI on forreal and some of the things posted here are makin' me wonder about this whole thing...but some of y'all are takin' it too far sayin' a 20 year old ain't got the cajones to gun somebody else and themselves down or how could she fall on the gun....
Studies show that it's highly unlikely for a woman to do that. Chances are very slim.

Love makes people do crazy things, especially females. This babe was 20, pushin his Bentley, he just got her a new escalade. You don't think she fully believed dude when he said he was gonna leave his wife for her. If that's what went down she fell for that hook, line, and sinker. Then if they got in an argument and Steve hit her with the "...B(*)) please...you just a side piece...I ain't leavin my wife and kids for you!" Y'all don't see how she coulda spazzed out and popped dude...then realize what she did and pop her self..I do.
So he was seated on the couch during this argument and she just pulled out the gun and fired? Highly doubtful
Furthermore, I didn't hear anybody say anything about her possibly bein' high at the time. She said she was high when stopped for the DUI so we know she took drugs. Ole girl could been hopped up on coke, xanex, ex, heroin, or whatever kinda drug you want to name. One thing leads to another and in her altered mind state unloads four shots on Steve and offs herself.
You can't jump from her telling an officer she was high two days before, to her being so drugged up that she committed a murder suicide thatshe hadn't previously planned.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Not sure how the shooting unveils a different side of him.

exactly. thas a horse #$!@ sensationalist title to that article
thats mainstream media for you - but i guess they are talking about the DUIs, guns, jumpoffs etc...as opposed to the charities, donations, comm service etc-
I hate to say this, because I always admired Air McNair's play on the field, but all this @#!% was easily avoidable on his end.

I'm not condemning dude for having a JO, but there's obviously more than that going on.

Back
Top Bottom