Steve McNair found shot to death. Murder-Suicide by 20 year old GF

[h1]Steve McNair's wife was unaware of affair with Sahel Kazemi until husband's death[/h1]
BY Tim Ghianni In Nashville and Jonathan Lemire
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Monday, July 6th 2009, 2:37 AM

alg_mcnair-wife.jpg
Beard, Vicksburg Post/AP
Steve McNair married Mechelle Cartwright in Vicksburg, Miss., on June 21, 1997.

amd_kazemi-bridge.jpg

Sahel Kazemi, 20, was found dead of gunshot wounds along with the former NFL quarterback on July 4.

[h2]Related News[/h2] [h3]Articles[/h3]
The wife of slain quarterback Steve McNair may have only learned about the gridiron star's affair with a gorgeous young woman after the clandestine couple's grisly deaths, sources close to the football player said Sunday.

"She's blindsided by this," one source said of Mechelle McNair, who was holed up in her family's home just 6 miles from the condo her husband used to bed his mistress. "She's crushed. Her whole world is shattered."

Nashville cops confirmed that Steve McNair, 36, was killed by four bullets fired at close range, two of which hit him in the head, and ruled his death a homicide.

His lover, Sahel Kazemi, 20, died of a single gunshot from the same semiautomatic found on the floor under her body, police also said.

They stopped short of calling the slayings a murder-suicide carried out by Kazemi, but said they are not looking for any suspects.

Cops ruled McNair's death a homicide and have not ruled on Kazemi's death, citing the need for more tests.

Kazemi and McNair, a dad of four boys, were dating for several months, friends told cops; McNair apparently kept the affair a secret from his wife.

Photos obtained by TMZ.com show a smiling McNair parasailing on a recent tropical vacation with the curvy Kazemi, whom he met as she waitressed at a Dave & Buster's sports bar.

"He started to talk to her a little," Kazemi's aunt Sepideh Salmani told The Tennessean newspaper. "They exchanged phone numbers, and started dating from there."

Salmani said her beautiful, raven-haired niece believed that McNair was in the process of getting a divorce.

Kazemi's sister told The Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville that Kazemi had expected to wed McNair.

"She said they were planning to get married," Soheyla Kazemi told the paper."

County records do not indicate that a divorce is pending, but the McNair family home is up for sale for $3 million.

Investigators said McNair had been drinking at a pair of Nashville bars - Blue Moon Lagoon Bar and Loser's Bar - into the early-morning hours of Saturday and then returned to the downtown condo he shared with a pal.

Although neighbors have not reported hearing gunshots, cops believe McNair and Kazemi died about 2 a.m., nearly 12 hours before their bodies were found.

There was no sign of forced entry at the condo, and investigators are checking whether the couple had been having a "lovers' quarrel," cops said.

It was not immediately known whom the pistol belonged to, although McNair did have a permit to carry a gun, police said.

Kazemi, who was raised by an aunt in Florida after her parents were killed in Iran, moved to Nashville with her ex-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet.

Norfleet, whom investigators want to interview, had a "volatile" relationship with Kazemi but was trying to win her back from McNair, Norfleet's stepmother said.

"They had a lot of jealousy in their relationship and they'd fight and break up a lot," said Trudie Norfleet. "He loved her. ... He's awful torn up about it."

The quarterback, renowned in Nashville for his extensive work in the community, rented the condo overlooking the Titans stadium with sporting goods dealer Wayne Neeley, who called McNair's best friend after seeing the bodies sprawled on a couch.

"It's a picture I'll never get out of my head," a weeping Robert Gaddy told the Daily News. "It's the most terrible sight I've ever seen."

"This was a great man, a man who'd do anything for you," said Gaddy, who had been friends with the Heisman finalist since meeting him at Alcorn State University.

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-06_untitled__3mcnair06m.html#ixzz0KVULqNMB&C
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-06_untitled__3mcnair06m.html#ixzz0KVULqNMB&C

but all this @#!% was easily avoidable on his end.
Even though I agree that sounds good but how often are things just that easy. Most of say things cause we not in the same position and its easierto say what we would/wouldn't do when the action isn't happening to us.

There is nothing rational/explainable about a crazy %$%@+ so the theory of "A woman wouldn't do this or that" is null and void IMO

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

but all this @#!% was easily avoidable on his end.
Even though I agree that sounds good but how often are things just that easy. Most of say things cause we not in the same position and its easier to say what we would/wouldn't do when the action isn't happening to us.

I'm not buying it.

Steve got killed because of this +%*@!. Any way you look at it.

She's 20, and and really not that good looking. He has a wife and 4 kids.

Steve *%++!+ up, and it cost him his life. Not that we don't all !$*% up at some point in life, I'm just saying.

There is nothing rational/explainable about a crazy %$%@+ so the theory of "A woman wouldn't do this or that" is null and void IMO

Yeah, but we have nothing to suggest that she's crazy other than possibly the death of her parents.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

i knew it would be stated but i aint hearing the "clueless wife" story

No wife of a pro athlete is "clueless" about the side joints

Originally Posted by dreClark

What do we have to suggest that she isn't crazy?
Nothing.

But, the ex-bf's mom's comments, along with the ex-bf's friends Myspace status amounts to way more of a motive than the "Oh you wont marry me,I'm about to fire" motive.

Obviously I'm just speculating tho.
Originally Posted by Kingtre

i knew it would be stated but i aint hearing the "clueless wife" story

No wife of a pro athlete is "clueless" about the side joints
QFT.

Especially since he was going on vacations with her to MS, FL and Vegas.

I'm not buying it.

Steve got killed because of this +%*@!. Any way you look at it.

She's 20, and and really not that good looking. He has a wife and 4 kids.

Steve *%++!+ up, and it cost him his life. Not that we don't all !$*% up at some point in life, I'm just saying.
Like I said the first time I agree with but I do think we all like to say its that easy to do things when thats not always the case. Maybe youcan be that faithful (married or just in a relationship) if chicks are comming at you and/or you know most of them will not turn you down but thats not mostdudes. If that was the case it would be alot less cheating going on in general. Thats all I'm saying cause I know Steve and everybody that cheats messedup (my own family and friends) but I dont think its worth your life and nobody can convince me of that.

how the hell did Steve get himself killed?
I m not getting that logic.

If the girl killed him and herself how is it McNairs fault?
and if her ex killed them both how is it McNairs fault?

And it appears as if he and his wife were moving on with life cus Aint NO cheating spouse puttin houses and cars in their own name...
smh.gif

meetin parents and family, nah, it seems Steve was in a relationship and she was not merely a "side piece."

So he was seated on the couch during this argument and she just pulled out the gun and fired? Highly doubtful
Hell yes. Just think about it. You messin' with some young chicken head she pops off at the mouth or whatever and you put her in her place. She gets upset runs off, you get the
eyes.gif
face, plop on the couch to chill. She comes back with the, "wassup now MFer" talk and you still like
eyes.gif
cause you know she ain't gonna do nothin', she ain't squeeze that trigger then...

I learned a long time ago to not put nothin past anybody...unless you're in somebody's else's head you don't know what anybody is capable of.

You can't jump from her telling an officer she was high two days before, to her being so drugged up that she committed a murder suicide that she hadn't previously planned.

Why not? So just because she was high two days earlier she couldn't have been the day of the murder? Come on now. Honestly we don't knowwhat kind of scene she was into, if she is what her family says she is its not far fetched that some mood altering drugs could have been at the root of this. pcp, ex...any of that stuff alone can make somebody unpredictable. You mix that with alcohol or other drugs there's no tellin.

What do we have to suggest that she isn't crazy?
Exactly. Like I said earlier I don't put nothin' past nobody. Who would've thought Dennis Rader was the BTK Killer...certainly nothis wife, kids, or the church he was a leader in.

once they test her hands to find any gun residue everything will be known.....but i dont believe she killed herself....i think the ex had something to do w/it....but none of us will know until the ballistic tests are done

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

And it appears as if he and his wife were moving on with life cus Aint NO cheating spouse puttin houses and cars in their own name...
smh.gif

meetin parents and family, nah, it seems Steve was in a relationship and she was not merely a "side piece."

exactly what i been saying...

in one of these articles it even said son was taking his kids on vaca without the wife and what not...

What about the whole myspace thing are they even looking into that? Because dude knew it was going to happen even if he did IT or not HE KNEW.

I really wants to think that this girl just went crazy, pulled a murder suicide and that was it.

There's just way too many things about that situation that make me doubt that.

now they're saying she bought the gun after the DUI incident on Thursday morning

Police spokesman Don Aaron has said Sahel Kazemi purchased the gun on Thursday night from a private owner and there were a total of five shots fired.

Gun was purchased after Kazemi's DUI arrest.

so she gets a DUI, Steve gets a cab home, ex-bf drives the escalade home, Steve bails her out.

from there who knows what happens...

they argue about the incident during the day/maybe he calls it off. she goes out and gets a piece that night(known). steve hits the clubs all friday night(known) without her? and comes home to the condo in the early morning and she's there to reconcile, he still says no/tells her to get out. she loses it andfires 4 shots at him, then at herself.

the ex must've knew that she was gonna do it though...which triggered the r.i.p. thing on myspace...he was probably just happy to see the girl fall andhappy from knowing that the dude who took his girl was about to die too....I know alot of dudes who get hurt by females and wish the worst for them and wantsto see their downfall to make themselves feel better

Originally Posted by dyyhard

so she gets a DUI, Steve gets a cab home, ex-bf drives the escalade home, Steve bails her out.
welllllll, now if this is true, keys to the condo are probably on the same keychain as the car keys...ergo, no forced entry...

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

the ex must've knew that she was gonna do it though...which triggered the r.i.p. thing on myspace...he was probably just happy to see the girl fall and happy from knowing that the dude who took his girl was about to die too....I know alot of dudes who get hurt by females and wish the worst for them and wants to see their downfall to make themselves feel better

are you serious? The ex bf had nothing to do with this. That should be clear now.

Back
Top Bottom