Stern To Announce Expansion Plans in EUROPE Saturday

we already have too many teams and play too many games as it is. this is a dumb idea. just more fallout teams to make the lottery draft competitve forever....

we should just make a world basketball club championship during the summer. The Los Angeles Lakers vs Real Madrid
eek.gif
or Phoenix Suns vs FC Barcelona
eek.gif

NBA will make tons of money from this.

hasn't Stern already made enough money by ruining the NBA with his changes 7 years ago? First the move from NBC to ABC, then the swingman favored rulechanges resulting in more SG and SF putting up inflated #'s to promote them as superstars (for instance Gilbert Arenas), not to mention all this"integrity" !%!+##!# and all the other nonsense that comes out of his mouth....... There's so many things that have upset me with Stern... Icould go on and on..... and like others have said, what would "roadtrips" to Europe be like.... It would be a joke
smh.gif

Stern is all about the money. He's tearing the game apart from the inside. Man the NBA was at its zenith in the 90s. My god i miss those days....

I guess i'm the only one who actually likes the idea...except for adding 5 NEW teams...maybe if it was 3 new teams and 2 existing franchises

And with the new influx of european players in the league, 52 were in the league in the 05-06 season, don't know how many now, but how many of them do youthink would want to go back closer to home to still play in the NBA?

I think it would be easier than a lot of you think to get players to play overseas

Just my two cents

It's not going to happen. They asked him about this on a radio show in Toronto last week and he said he likes the idea of teams playing a couple of regularseason games in Europe but having franchises in Europe wont happen anytime soon.

Logistically nightmare as already said.

I also wonder if the players union would have to OK such a move in which case unless the players saw a significant percentage of all the new money the NBAcould draw in from this I don't see them OK'ing a move like this as it's not really in their interests both as matter of lifestyle and traveling.

If this fails, the league has reason to fire Stern's ***. That 12 ft rim may happen in the dunk contest then.
laugh.gif

im not really a fan of the idea..........imagine having a back to back with a game in the US and then in europe

the NATIONAL basketball association
As in reference to 1 nation, as in the United States. This isn't an international league.

This idea sounds absurd and totally impractical. Don't think this'll work out, which is good.

Stern...

dude continues to dismantle the league brick by brick.

Let Jerry West or Rod Thorn run the league.

yeah i dont really like this idea. traveling that much would be a pain and just a hassle to play that many games. but i guess it would make sense to have a'world champion' to whoever wins the finals

yo this is mad weird. i was just having a bowl of frosted mini wheats and the thought of having teams play overseas crossed my mind. this was literally like 15minutes ago. and it's the first time i've ever thought of that. then this comes up. very strange. i was first thinking of the old idea of a worldsoccer league with all the elite teams. then thought about this happening with my other favorite sport basketball.

i don't see players having a problem with this. it would mean more money for the nba. and you know what that means. player's union would argue forhigher salaries. they'd probably force the nba to get them better jets or something. basically if the nba tries to make this happen, the players would makecrazy demands. and the nba would have to meet the demands for things to happen.

As in reference to 1 nation, as in the United States. This isn't an international league.

This idea sounds absurd and totally impractical. Don't think this'll work out, which is good.

Stern...

dude continues to dismantle the league brick by brick.

Let Jerry West or Rod Thorn run the league.

you just offended the Canadians and TDOT once they see this...*waits for Naismith argument*

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by jmoneybaggz

I'm all for it...Now you can really call the winner of the NBA crown...The World Champion...
That's what the Olympics are for.

Be for real. They don't even pick the best NBA players to be on the Olympic team...The NBA is pathetic in terms of competition right now. That'swhat the NBA needs to get back to. It needs that competitive edge that made basketball so beautiful in the 80s. I understand the need to make money, but theleague has taken this $@%# overboard. The way they promote players in the league is absurd. They don't promote the most competitive gameplay in the world.NCAA baskbetball(although not as talentend) is more competitive than NBA basketball. They need a fresh pool of talent and its time for them to go worldwide.

This might be a logistics nightmare though...And then you factor in revenue sharing, and currency conversion. This was a problem for a lot of players goingto Toronto...

%+*% David Stern is stupid, everytime I think the NBA is hitting rock bottom the #$$+ goes further down the tank. The only thing left for him to do is expandthe season even longer
indifferent.gif
(and I never use these).

There are already too many teams in the league and the travel will be crazy. I use to defend the league to lots of guys that said NCAA is the only basketballworth watching and it looks like it won't be long before I have to swallow my words. Plus how the %+*% is London of all places getting a team? Who is goingto support them? Their <10000 total fans and tourists?
The only good thing about this is the owners could pull their heads out of their $!%+# and finally get rid of David when this turns into a miserable failure.

The NBA is pathetic in terms of competition right now.

i wouldn't go that far. just look at the western conference! only 2 bad teams, and they both have a lot of young talent, and have bright futures. The eastis really top heavy but even the worst teams can come out and win on any given night. Teams like pacers, heat, sixers, knicks, all have talent, they'rejust not winning right now.

Back
Top Bottom