Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Its fine to squat and deadlift on the same day. I always squat first then deadlift. Deadlifts tighten up my back so I'll only do like 4 sets or so.

I just played flag football yesterday and my legs are absolutely destroyed. My quads, hams, hips, groin are completely sore, I'm in pain while sitting,standing, lying down, walking, etc. I tried stretching, doing bodyweight squats, my foam roller but it hasn't improved. It sucks because I dont thinkI'll be able to work out much this week...probably wont recover until Saturday.
frown.gif

if you're going all out on your squats and deads then MAYBE you shouldn't do it the same day.

those are two heavy compound lifts. if you go all out on one day for both lifts you'd be burning your legs like crazy like CTevez here.

I did serious squats and deadlifts on the same day once.......I almost threw up in the gym. Maybe it was all the water I was downin, man I was drained.

Alright fitness gurus, I have a question for you

I do laps in the swimming pool 5 nights a week, about 1-2 hours before going to bed
I know that
a. You're supposed to eat within 15 minutes of working out
b. You're not supposed to eat before going to bed

Seeing as these two things conflict with my schedule, what should I give preference to? My workouts are probably a 6-7 out of 10 in terms of intensity

If I should eat, what is the best thing to eat keeping in mind I need to recuperate and will be going to sleep fairly soon?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I did serious squats and deadlifts on the same day once.......I almost threw up in the gym. Maybe it was all the water I was downin, man I was drained.
Seriously, except for the throw up part. I felt my body being drained throughout the rest of the day, especially in the lower back area.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

You should consume your protein shake within 30 mins of working out.

I'd say you should eat at least within an hour of working out.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

You should consume your protein shake with 30 mins of working out.

I'd say you should eat at least within an hour of working out.

AARGHGHdslnkdsfkjnKJDFJNFDLKSkn!!!!
mad.gif

100% unnecessary.

Really?

Absolutley. The body needs energy to function properly, obviously, but a protein shake is an awful source of energy. Poor source of energy, does notcontribute to the workout, costs money, and is not as good of a protein source as real food. Youd be better off eating a peanut butter sandwhich before aworkout: carbohydrates (quick form of good energy) and all amino acids.

Food timing is a lot of "bro-science".

Originally Posted by Durden7

Really?

Absolutley. The body needs energy to function properly, obviously, but a protein shake is an awful source of energy. Poor source of energy, does not contribute to the workout, costs money, and is not as good of a protein source as real food. Youd be better off eating a peanut butter sandwhich before a workout: carbohydrates (quick form of good energy) and all amino acids.

Food timing is a lot of "bro-science".
Wait, are we on the same page?

I meant within 30 mins AFTER working out.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

how much u squat I3? i'm guessing at least 3 plates each side.

i haven't lifted in a month now... ugh
sick.gif

Well im squatting 3x10 80kgs (176lbs) thats between ATG and parallel. I weight a *%!@ 61kg though haha.. Its probably not much to some, but for me ive comealong way, I remember last year I could only squat the bar haha. I hope to hit 90kg (200lbs) by end of year. I also DL the same as I squad (3x10).. but yeahim sure these numbers will go up when I begin my bulk
pimp.gif

JOE squats 300+ man thats impressive..

Heres some *%!@ pics of my progress haha.. July - Oct.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Its fine to squat and deadlift on the same day. I always squat first then deadlift. Deadlifts tighten up my back so I'll only do like 4 sets or so.

I just played flag football yesterday and my legs are absolutely destroyed. My quads, hams, hips, groin are completely sore, I'm in pain while sitting, standing, lying down, walking, etc. I tried stretching, doing bodyweight squats, my foam roller but it hasn't improved. It sucks because I dont think I'll be able to work out much this week...probably wont recover until Saturday.
frown.gif

I hate that soreness feeling as well.. especially when you know it WILL happen before you commence exercise. I do the same as you do, stretch before andafter, foam rollers etc.. but it never goes away - its both a good thing and bad thing from what I see. I did try that cold-shower thing, needless to say itfeels good, really shocks the muscles or something. Usually my leg days are on a Tues and I play on Sat - im still sore-*%#. Thats why I find it extremelydifficult to fit in HIIT somewhere..

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by verynecessary

how much u squat I3? i'm guessing at least 3 plates each side.

i haven't lifted in a month now... ugh
sick.gif

Well im squatting 3x10 80kgs (176lbs) thats between ATG and parallel. I weight a *%!@ 61kg though haha.. Its probably not much to some, but for me ive come along way, I remember last year I could only squat the bar haha. I hope to hit 90kg (200lbs) by end of year. I also DL the same as I squad (3x10).. but yeah im sure these numbers will go up when I begin my bulk
pimp.gif

JOE squats 300+ man thats impressive..

Heres some *%!@ pics of my progress haha.. July - Oct.
Damn dude, how much do you preacher curl?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I just played flag football yesterday and my legs are absolutely destroyed. My quads, hams, hips, groin are completely sore, I'm in pain while sitting, standing, lying down, walking, etc. I tried stretching, doing bodyweight squats, my foam roller but it hasn't improved. It sucks because I dont think I'll be able to work out much this week...probably wont recover until Saturday.
frown.gif

I don't know why, but, I really want that feeling right after reading that. Wait, with no work or school though. LOL

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

^^I'm talking about the 2nd schedule genius, I can read his schedule thanks! I'm just used to working out each individual muscle, not just doing a combination for lower + upper so I was wondering which schedule would be most beneficial.

OK, well if you're gonna be a @#$% about it... you didn't specify that you were talking about the 2nd schedule in your question, and even then, he just said to repeat the pattern from the first schedule. If you want to try to change it to fit your needs or preferences, just try it out. It just kills me when someone take their time to post that much information and people still want to dig for more info without doing any research/work themselves.

First of all, you came at my sideways so don't go crying about it now. Is it wrong to ask questions or something? Holy @%**, I don't know whyyou're so anal and trying to tell me what I can and can't do...I have done my research and was just asking for a comparison with his schedule andschedules I'm used to. How do you know I haven't done reearch or work myself? Quit speculating and get the facts straight before you open your mouth,thanks and good night.

^ yeah i do inclined bench i wasnt jus sure if that would be a little too much or not......also jus curious do you guys on your off days do like a simple setof push ups or something jus to get blood pumpin or should i jus completely do nothing because on my off days i tend to look as they call it "flat"but prior to workouts i tend to pump back up.

So, I'm finally about to start a "cutting phase". Now, I've been trying to set my diet up, so that I'm getting the correct amount ofnutrients, but at the same time, have the correct macros. For you guys that have cut, successfully, what were your macros?

Back
Top Bottom