Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

wifebeaters.
grin.gif

It's a personal thing though. I rather go shirtless than wear beaters.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Friday night, time to destroy all the progress I made this week.
I feel you.
laugh.gif

However, those who are taking their training seriously should really cut down on the alcohol. It was certainly hard when I was in college (although I had moreof an incentive because I had comp dates constantly coming up) but alcohol will severely impair training progress.
That doesn't mean that you can't go out and have a few beers but getting blasted a few days a week will kill one's progress. Instead I just smokeda bit more to relax and chill.
Going out with your friends sober or near sober is madddd boring though.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

What would be better?

Start lifting weights first THEN go into cardio? Or the other way around?

And, what I absolutely hate is being that Im a lil on the chubby side and on the short side, when i wear a Large, its too damn long and makes me look biggerthan I am. But when I wear a medium, its too damn short and tight.

Is anybody watching the Olympia right now? There's a live stream on bodybuilding.com right now. It's actually just the women's bodybuilding andwomen's fitness tonight with men's prejudging coming up soon. The men's finals are tomorrow night.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

wifebeaters.
grin.gif

It's a personal thing though. I rather go shirtless than wear beaters.
laugh.gif
You don't want to make the ladies faint though, man.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Friday night, time to destroy all the progress I made this week.
I feel you.
laugh.gif

However, those who are taking their training seriously should really cut down on the alcohol. It was certainly hard when I was in college (although I had more of an incentive because I had comp dates constantly coming up) but alcohol will severely impair training progress.
That doesn't mean that you can't go out and have a few beers but getting blasted a few days a week will kill one's progress. Instead I just smoked a bit more to relax and chill.
Going out with your friends sober or near sober is madddd boring though.
tired.gif
laugh.gif
This is what I hate.. grrr tomorrow got a family shindig at a Chinese restaurant, after last weeks binge haha, ima have to do my best to eatless..

Damn it... I think I got "tennis elbow"...

This sucks. It hurts so bad I go straight home.

Started when I was doing windshield wipers. And then today... I calmed down with the pull-up exercises... And I was fine, for a bit. Then it started aching.Not unbearable like when it first started, but still sucks... Now I'm scared to do any arm exercises.

Any help on this?

I read this.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to...nis-elbow-home-treatment

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO RESTING MY ARM FOR MONTHS, IF THAT'S THE CASE.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

anybody know a good workout to lose so stomach fat or make the stomach smaller?
i hear exercise works pretty well.
ohwell.gif

seriously, have you not read any of this thread? you can't selectively lose fat in a specific area. you have to take in less than you use to lose fat. eat better, and do any kind of exercise. ab/core workouts will make your core muscles bigger and more defined, but don't burn much fat. you want fastresults? intensity - HIIT, sprints, etc.

Bottom line is diet is everything, exercising is influential. Both go together like a +%%+ in a @%*%!.

Unless you have insane genetics, you'll get somewhere with just exercising, but with a moderated diet you'll get even further.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

ohwell.gif

seriously, have you not read any of this thread? you can't selectively lose fat in a specific area. you have to take in less than you use to lose fat. eat better, and do any kind of exercise. ab/core workouts will make your core muscles bigger and more defined, but don't burn much fat. you want fast results? intensity - HIIT, sprints, etc.
How come no one talked about this exercising thing before???

I'm reading this book titled "Chi Running" now. It got a lot of good reviews from runners, suppose to teach you proper techniques to minimizeinjuries when running. The author was saying he's done over 50 super marathons (26+ miles) in the last 2 years.
eek.gif

Weighted myself this morning...147 lbs.
laugh.gif
I look like Lurkin now, with my upper arms almost as big as my waist line.

Welp I've exercising moderately for about 3 months. I've noticed chest, arms and legs are looking better (still no abs though). Guess I gotta do somewind sprints and HIIT for weight though and get that bf% down some. Dammit I running. Im currently 6'2" 200lbs.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Welp I've exercising moderately for about 3 months. I've noticed chest, arms and legs are looking better. Guess I gotta do some wind sprints and HIIT for weight though. Dammit I running. Im currently 6'2" 200lbs.
The stat doesn't seem bad at all at 200 lbs and your height. You may want to ease into HIIT though if you haven't run for a long time.

For those who's done HIIT, you dudes ever done it while wearing a parachute set or a weighted vest?
laugh.gif
I've been curious to see how that plays out. I'm guessing is that you're going to cover less distance, but the rest will remain the same.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Damn it... I think I got "tennis elbow"...

This sucks. It hurts so bad I go straight home.

Started when I was doing windshield wipers. And then today... I calmed down with the pull-up exercises... And I was fine, for a bit. Then it started aching. Not unbearable like when it first started, but still sucks... Now I'm scared to do any arm exercises.

Any help on this?

I read this.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to...nis-elbow-home-treatment

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO RESTING MY ARM FOR MONTHS, IF THAT'S THE CASE.
frown.gif
Dude. Windshield wipers aren't for those new to training. Your ligaments and tendons haven't strengthened enough to take the abuse.
The more (and heavier) you train the more your ligaments and tendons (as well as bones) adapt to increased stress.

Windshield wipers are a gymnastics based exercise and those dudes(and girls) are damn strong (although their bodies, especially the females, are %%*@$% up bytheir early 20's).

You have to rest as well as do some light stretching for the joint every few hours. You'll be fine.
Tendinitis is a $%$#*. You have to let it fully heal because if you don't it will get progressively worse.

just a quick question, anyone here can answer, how often do you guys give yourself like a cheat day? like where you dont care what you eat, is once a week toomuch? maybe once every two weeks?

i cheat meals pbbly once a week, i drink alcohol once every 2 weeks, and trust, i can feel the alcohol the day after at the gym. i'm steadily restrictingthe alcohol for special occassions

SKYFLYDUl wrote:
i cheat meals pbbly once a week, i drink alcohol once every 2 weeks, and trust, i can feel the alcohol the day after at the gym. i'm steadily restricting the alcohol for special occassions

laugh.gif

For the folks who've done P90x is it any good? Can I expect to put any mass on at all or is it aimed at reducing BF% and getting into "shape"?

Originally Posted by wj4

ohwell.gif

seriously, have you not read any of this thread? you can't selectively lose fat in a specific area. you have to take in less than you use to lose fat. eat better, and do any kind of exercise. ab/core workouts will make your core muscles bigger and more defined, but don't burn much fat. you want fast results? intensity - HIIT, sprints, etc.

I'm reading this book titled "Chi Running" now. It got a lot of good reviews from runners, suppose to teach you proper techniques to minimize injuries when running. The author was saying he's done over 50 super marathons (26+ miles) in the last 2 years.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
got any more info on exercise?
nerd.gif

i started incorporating chi running techniques, mostly since i picked up a pair of five-fingers. there's no way you're gonna stomp on your heels atall with these. you adjust quickly
laugh.gif
. i've dealt with shin splintsbefore and i have flat feet, so it only the chi running stuff only makes sense. people ran before we had shoes, right?

147 lbs? i've only got 3 whole lbs on you but i'm doing an "involuntary cut" phase... budget baller workout status. i feel like i shrunk a shirt size in the past month.
frown.gif
u fitting size 26 waist jeans or something?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

ohwell.gif

I'm reading this book titled "Chi Running" now. It got a lot of good reviews from runners, suppose to teach you proper techniques to minimize injuries when running. The author was saying he's done over 50 super marathons (26+ miles) in the last 2 years.
eek.gif

laugh.gif
got any more info on exercise?
nerd.gif

i started incorporating chi running techniques, mostly since i picked up a pair of five-fingers. there's no way you're gonna stomp on your heels at all with these. you adjust quickly
laugh.gif
. i've dealt with shin splints before and i have flat feet, so it only the chi running stuff only makes sense. people ran before we had shoes, right?

147 lbs? i've only got 3 whole lbs on you but i'm doing an "involuntary cut" phase... budget baller workout status. i feel like i shrunk a shirt size in the past month.
frown.gif
u fitting size 26 waist jeans or something?
laugh.gif
I started reading "Chi Running" because I was running into problems. About 2 weeks ago I posted that my right ankle was hurting. Thepain went away so I tried to get back to running again and after 15-20 mins of jogging, the pain came back so I stopped running again. I'm only 20 pagesinto the book since I just finished Tony's book.

Yeah man, I don't know what's really going on.
laugh.gif
I'm exercising less now...cut the 2 HIIT a week out since my ankle is still hurting. Istopped running at the gym (which burned the most fat) and use the elip since it's easier on the ankles. The only new things I really incorporated areburpies and plyo, 2x a week each. I'm still eating the same foods as before. This is why I joked around and said I probably ate undercooked food and havea worm inside me now.
laugh.gif

PS still a size 30.
laugh.gif

Next week is the start of high weight/low rep and adding yoga into the mix.

im gonna start takin this HIIT serious, i feel heavy as hell.

anybody here do cardio in the mornin than train later in the day?

^^ yea twice a week, I do HIIT in the morning... and lift in the evening.

I havent noticed a difference in my workouts. same energy level.

Back
Top Bottom