Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by wj4

I bought this book to read. Not really looking to get brolic like that, but just curious on what he eats and the drills he run.
419hQJ3Q7pL._SS500_.jpg

OT: On the way home, I drove by a high school. The kids were running around the campus and man...most of them were quite over weight. It's a catch 22 because school foods are some nasty stuff too.
i think tony went vegan. it's a lot harder with a vegan diet to keep protein levels high, but not impossible

kids eat some major garbage, and it's not always the stuff sold at school. that, combined with physical eduction programs being cut and poor knowledge ofwhat it takes to be healthy across the board (even among p.e. teachers and coaches), you end up with a very unhealthy population and fatty kids.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I appear to be making progress, this new workout has me sore everyday it seems. I'm getting ready to head to the gym now "Pull Day".

Camel, your knee popped and you didn't feel any pain
eek.gif
?
yeah it was like a knuckle-cracking pop not like a bone breaking
laugh.gif

i was too zoned in to care but after my workout i started worrying a little

my feet were a little closer together than they usually are on dl's if that matters.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

yeah i eat pistachios and almonds a lot. no peanuts cuz im allergic,
frown.gif

very good for you, and they taste good
Do you guys take whether they are roasted/unroasted into consideration? Where do you guys get your mixed nuts from
nerd.gif

I appear to be making progress, this new workout has me sore everyday it seems. I'm getting ready to head to the gym now "Pull Day".

eek.gif
?
laugh.gif

my feet were a little closer together than they usually are on dl's if that matters.
could be due to a number of things
do you do foam rolling/self-myofascial release? try doing it on your it band (outside of the thigh). it could be pulling your kneecap out of alignment.
also, check out this
have u tried sumo deadlifts?

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by wj4

I bought this book to read. Not really looking to get brolic like that, but just curious on what he eats and the drills he run.
419hQJ3Q7pL._SS500_.jpg

OT: On the way home, I drove by a high school. The kids were running around the campus and man...most of them were quite over weight. It's a catch 22 because school foods are some nasty stuff too.
i think tony went vegan. it's a lot harder with a vegan diet to keep protein levels high, but not impossible

kids eat some major garbage, and it's not always the stuff sold at school. that, combined with physical eduction programs being cut and poor knowledge of what it takes to be healthy across the board (even among p.e. teachers and coaches), you end up with a very unhealthy population and fatty kids.
Yeah, man. The book says that most of the stuff he eats are organic. It's funny because I went to the book store to check out the mags. Upon seeing the new Mens Health with Barack on the cover, it has an advertise of Tony's book inside and I found it. I ended up buying the book instead ofthe Mens Health mag. It has a run down of his diet, his lifting routine, and thoughts of the nutritionist.

I'm also feeling like crap because until I am more confident about the condition of my ankle, I'm putting HIIT and any sort of running on hold. Bikingand elip are still good to go as they don't put much pressure on the ankle.

damn, just looking in the mirror seeing results feels great! Great motivation

i dont really take pictures of my transformation, so i only took like 2 pictures couple weeks ago and ill be comparing them in probably 4 weeks

vegan isn't all that tough to get high protein. you just need to know what to eat. seeds, nuts, legumes and pseudograins provide all the potein you'dneed.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by nealraj006

I honestly think that you should start with bodyweight moves like squats, push ups, pull ups, calf raises, sit ups, and crunches while reassessing your diet. You should be able to handle your body in a few movements before you add resistance. Look up plyo moves such as jump squats, burpees, etc for added intensity and variety. You can build a very strong base off of the variations of bodyweight movements.
You gotta be in a decent fit condition to do plyometrics, I will say that. I work with a 1 minute split. I go in and do the best I can in a minute and I rest for a minute. Jumping lunges and jumps across the step box got me tiring a lot.

Even doing lunges with small dumb bells in my hands had me dying after a round or two.

true, i wouldnt just hop into this if you been out the fitness game for a while.

yea wj4, come to think it doesnt even have to be ironman, i just need a pos with a start/stop
laugh.gif

an what kind of vitamins are you looking for? or do you just want a multi vitamin?

Also, if you're not properly rehabbing your knees after each workout then plyometrics will produce knee injuries.There's been quite a few studies on this.

The only plyometrics I do is box jumps. The risk just isn't worth the reward with plyos unless you have a good rehab/support system behind you.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

yeah i eat pistachios and almonds a lot. no peanuts cuz im allergic,
frown.gif

very good for you, and they taste good
Do you guys take whether they are roasted/unroasted into consideration? Where do you guys get your mixed nuts from
nerd.gif

Im not so sure about the whole roasted/unroasted, mine are roasted. I think you're safe as long as their not 'salted.'

Another question are raisins a good snack food too? Im craving some raisins.

Today was leg day.. I was thoroughly impressed with my progess/lifts today. Im going to bump up my squat to 176 lol, prob amatuer to some of thebigger/experienced fellas here, but im only 135. 3x10 last rep of the last set ruins me.. its an amazing feeling. Diets on check, weathers good, exceptLeonardo is going to bench Ronaldinho tomorrow and he's not performing well - the only negative aspect of my day today.

I watched the Marquez v. Mayweather, Pacquiao v. Hatton 24/7's they get me riled up as #%*#.

Plyo's are a great exercise, I see them as a polish to your leg days, their like the finishing touches and give you that boom boom boom. Make sure whenyou land its a soft as possible, and that you are performing on a soft-surface with decent shoes. Stretch BEFORE and AFTER.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by wj4

I honestly think that you should start with bodyweight moves like squats, push ups, pull ups, calf raises, sit ups, and crunches while reassessing your diet. You should be able to handle your body in a few movements before you add resistance. Look up plyo moves such as jump squats, burpees, etc for added intensity and variety. You can build a very strong base off of the variations of bodyweight movements.
You gotta be in a decent fit condition to do plyometrics, I will say that. I work with a 1 minute split. I go in and do the best I can in a minute and I rest for a minute. Jumping lunges and jumps across the step box got me tiring a lot.

Even doing lunges with small dumb bells in my hands had me dying after a round or two.

true, i wouldnt just hop into this if you been out the fitness game for a while.

yea wj4, come to think it doesnt even have to be ironman, i just need a pos with a start/stop
laugh.gif

an what kind of vitamins are you looking for? or do you just want a multi vitamin?

Also, if you're not properly rehabbing your knees after each workout then plyometrics will produce knee injuries. There's been quite a few studies on this.

The only plyometrics I do is box jumps. The risk just isn't worth the reward with plyos unless you have a good rehab/support system behind you.
what is an example of those rehab/support systems?

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

anyone got stretch marks?
laugh.gif
any effective ways to get rid of them?
stretch marks are pretty common, i have them around my arm pits due to lifting
I've head cocoa butter is good, but they wont go away 100%

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

anyone got stretch marks?
laugh.gif
any effective ways to get rid of them?
stretch marks are pretty common, i have them around my arm pits due to lifting
I've head cocoa butter is good, but they wont go away 100%
i have them above my pecs and below my shoulders and my bicep area..is there a way to make them less visible?

Originally Posted by verynecessary

eek.gif
?
laugh.gif

could be due to a number of things
do you do foam rolling/self-myofascial release? try doing it on your it band (outside of the thigh). it could be pulling your kneecap out of alignment.
also, check out this
have u tried sumo deadlifts?
damn.....yeah the pop they described seems like what it was....only happened once though, the article talks about it being a habitual thing.

sumo dl's nah i don't like the limited ROM they provide.....i see them as a powerlifting / pr type lift more than anything else.....i could probablybeast on those though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

Also, if you're not properly rehabbing your knees after each workout then plyometrics will produce knee injuries. There's been quite a few studies on this.

what is an example of those rehab/support systems?
I'm guessing icing down your knees?

Time to join the thread

5'8 and 250
frown.gif
...and got asthma

tried to do the workout thing the last few months but I always gave up
But decided instead of just running and walking up hills, I would pick up soccer
Seriously, this has made working out 100x more enjoyable. Been working out for 3 weeks, and just slowly am I getting my wind. Last 2 days have been the bestworkouts so far.
What are some good ways to end a workout? My legs and knees are sore when I wake up the next day

ran a mile, on the cycle for an hour, swimming for an hour, free weights, bench, chin ups...

from what I can remember from my routine today.

the olive garden leftover pizza, and pb & j sammich negated all that. Not too bad though. I need to stay fixed on this oatmeal diet...

I love the taste of certain food...

smh.gif

people think eating healthy is ll about like protein shakes and oats.

not to knock either of those since i eat both, but you can eat very tasty food that is healthy.

not to knock either of those since i eat both, but you can eat very tasty food that is healthy.
+1. And people think they have to starve themselves. But in reality when you eat good foods that aren't high in calorie, you can eat throughout the day and still be within your daily range of calorie needed.

Or when people think of 'dieting', they automatically think of salad. That's swell and all, but the ranch dressing and bacon bits you put in therewill cancel everything out.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

Time to join the thread

5'8 and 250
frown.gif
...and got asthma

tried to do the workout thing the last few months but I always gave up
But decided instead of just running and walking up hills, I would pick up soccer
Seriously, this has made working out 100x more enjoyable. Been working out for 3 weeks, and just slowly am I getting my wind. Last 2 days have been the best workouts so far.
What are some good ways to end a workout? My legs and knees are sore when I wake up the next day
Try a warm down. Youtube some vids for ideas since it's hard to explain with words. I used to do squats, push ups, and crunches. All withinmoderation. I'm sure your legs and knees are hurting because of the pressure they're under since they're not used to it.

When I was 210 lbs, I used to hate running too. Now..I love it. You need to build up endurance.

If I were you, my long term goal would be to drop 100 lbs over the next 2-3 years, which is a long enough time period. You didn't get fat overnight andyou won't get fit overnight, that's how you gotta look at it so you won't give up. And fix your diet, that's the most important parts.

Speaking of Terry Crew, I saw a dude today at the gym who looks EXACTLY just like him. Dude was a beast...I think he used 95% of the 45 plates the gym has.
laugh.gif

people just need to learn how to cook
laugh.gif

This is easily the best thread on NT in quite sometime. I've been absent a bit for the last two weeks or so, but I always find time to check this for atleast 5-10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom