STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So... espn the body issue is out, for those interested.....
this dude here smh
barkley_011.jpg

What’s your guys thoughts on sodium intake. Yes I get it, drink more water blah blah blah. But isn’t that contradictive. Wouldn’t that mean you’re retaining all the water you’re putting in? Sometimes I don’t even like going to chipotle because of this reason. Maybe I’m mistaken. Any thoughts? I’ve been drinking a gallon a day for the past month

What are yall tips for trimmin the gut? I been workin out, cardio, crunches, etc etc and can't seem to get rid of my gut. Been eatin healthier as well

Drink only water, no sugary drinks and eliminate white carbs. For carbs eat whole grains and high fiber food along with GREEK yogurt will help with your stomach.

So im taking Cellucor Super HD which is a fat burner and Im starting to feel terrible on it. Im gonna stop. Is the only addictive substance in there caffeine? So if I was to switch to drinking coffee I wouldnt feel any withdrawal effects?

What’s your guys thoughts on sodium intake. Yes I get it, drink more water blah blah blah. But isn’t that contradictive. Wouldn’t that mean you’re retaining all the water you’re putting in? Sometimes I don’t even like going to chipotle because of this reason. Maybe I’m mistaken. Any thoughts? I’ve been drinking a gallon a day for the past month

Not sure I'm following...sodium, in moderation is good for you. Helps you stay hydrated. Drinking tons of water without the proper sodium balance in your body is useless, your literally just pissing out the water you're drinking without any retention.

Too much sodium though leads to other issues in your body.

Last edited:
Like everything in life there has to be a balance between sodium and water intake. Pretty sure this was discussed in here recently. Drinking an abundance of water and forgoing salt leads to hyponatremia...via Mayo Clinic:

Sodium plays a key role in your body. It helps maintain normal blood pressure, supports the work of your nerves and muscles, and regulates your body's fluid balance.
  • Drinking too much water. Drinking excessive amounts of water can cause low sodium by overwhelming the kidneys' ability to excrete water. Because you lose sodium through sweat, drinking too much water during endurance activities, such as marathons and triathlons, can also dilute the sodium content of your blood.
In chronic hyponatremia, sodium levels drop gradually over 48 hours or longer — and symptoms and complications are typically more moderate.

In acute hyponatremia, sodium levels drop rapidly — resulting in potentially dangerous effects, such as rapid brain swelling, which can result in a coma and death.

FULL ARTICLE: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/symptoms-causes/syc-20373711

I'm cautious of my sodium intake because sodium is added to EVERYTHING especially any food prepared outside your own home. So I take measures to reduce it as much as I can because I know at some point during the day/week there's going to be an influx of a lot of sodium from somewhere (i.e. chipotle).

PRs were good to me today.

225x2reps bench press went up to 225x4 reps.

Then... i saw the homies DLing...so i said f it.

I PULLED 5 PLATES TODAY! I kinda shrugged when i was like halfway at top, so form was a bit iffy but f it, its counts to me :lol:

Today was a good day.

Noob question and I apologize beforehand...

Is it okay to do push AND pull exercises via 5x5 workouts of bend over rows, deadlifts, military press, squats, and bench press in one session? Or do you guys do it every other day? Thanks.

I just wanted to be educated and not injure myself :lol:

Is it okay to do push AND pull exercises via 5x5 workouts of bend over rows, deadlifts, military press, squats, and bench press in one session? Or do you guys do it every other day? Thanks.

I'd split them up, especially squats and deadlifts.

yea, def do squats and DL the other days. I like to rest 2-3 days after deadlifting before doing my squats because my lower back needs to heal

isyouserious isyouserious is right, most beginner programs like SL 5x5 have you press (Military), Squat, and pull (Deadlift) in a single session.

The Reg Park 5x5 has a phase where you would essentially do all of those in a single session, although the first 2 sets of the 5x5 are more like heavy warm up sets.

tl;dr: You can do all of them at once and not injure yourself, but at your current level it's probably better to break them up.

Thank you isyouserious isyouserious and Tank Top Master Tank Top Master :pimp:

I'm going to "weigh" my options here :lol:

StrongLIfts is pretty good program for starting off until you make your own program or routine. I used it when I was first going to the gym. It's a pretty cheap app and it can track your weight and calculate how much to try on the next workout based on your previous workout.

StrongLIfts is pretty good program for starting off until you make your own program or routine. I used it when I was first going to the gym. It's a pretty cheap app and it can track your weight and calculate how much to try on the next workout based on your previous workout.

This is pretty cool! I'll definitely check it out. I've been using my phone taking notes and just keeping track on how heavy I've progressed over time. It's the kind of routine that I need to get used to that's kind of throwing me off. Idk, but I've noticed a change in strength and gains so yeah I guess I'm doing it correctly. :lol:

But thanks for the advice, isyouserious isyouserious :pimp:

cjfuego cjfuego tried those plates presses again with 25s. Was pretty easy, after a couple sets I wanted to go a little heavier but we don't have 35 plates. Decided to grab a 30lbs kettlebell...man that **** was hard af lol. Forgot the weight distribution is different and it's crazy top heavy. Dropped down to 25lbs KB and even that was tough. Pretty sure I can do the 35lbs plates but I like the challenge of balancing the kettle bell. Gonna stick with those for now.

Did the one arm barbell press after, face pulls, side and front raises, some light squats, calf raises, hamstring curls and bulgarians.

Haven't done regular ohp in a long time.

cjfuego cjfuego tried those plates presses again with 25s. Was pretty easy, after a couple sets I wanted to go a little heavier but we don't have 35 plates. Decided to grab a 30lbs kettlebell...man that **** was hard af lol. Forgot the weight distribution is different and it's crazy top heavy. Dropped down to 25lbs KB and even that was tough. Pretty sure I can do the 35lbs plates but I like the challenge of balancing the kettle bell. Gonna stick with those for now.

Did the one arm barbell press after, face pulls, side and front raises, some light squats, calf raises, hamstring curls and bulgarians.

Haven't done regular ohp in a long time.

I see you fam :pimp:

I should have known my short *** should've gotten a tapered belt. A regular 4" hits either my bottom rib or my hipbone.

Back
Top Bottom