Chest/Tricep

Shoulders

Legs

To:

Chest/Tricep

Back

Bicep/Shoulders

Legs

I might move triceps to bicep/shoulder day cause whenever I do the big muscle groups I struggle for time (2 hour parking limit at my gym or you pay a $3.25 parking fee, gym usually validates our tickets only up to 2 hours). I need a change up anyways, and i'll never do shoulders the day after chest, etc. Usually a day inbetween. I feel like my bicep and tricep work has been slacking cause im rushing at the end with 15-20 min left only. I dont know why my workouts lately have been taking so long, but ever since going with my friend on a nearly daily basis its just taken longer.

Almond butter, vanilla protein, lactose free milk, 1/2 banana, best damb protein shake I've bet hadz
Freeze your bananas and it will be even better.

Buy a bunch of bananas, let them get slightly ripe, cut each banana into 3 pieces. Freeze in a plastic zip lock bag.

So instead of having to use ICE to thicken your smoothie, you can use something frozen that actually has flavor.

Buy a bunch of bananas, let them get slightly ripe, cut each banana into 3 pieces. Freeze in a plastic zip lock bag.

So instead of having to use ICE to thicken your smoothie, you can use something frozen that actually has flavor.

How long will bananas last by freezing them this way?

I don't know, I actually use my bananas frequently. Mine never stay in my freezer for MONTHS, but I am sure they can stay there for months.

I freeze just about all of my fruit for the sole intention of a sweet thickening agent in my shakes/smoothies.

Cases of strawberries, blueberries, and bananas.
Pinapples I cut up and put in there.

To answer your question:

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_100/135_fitness_tip.html

"Not only do you burn more calories during HIIT workouts, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body's repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after, say, a steady-pace run."
http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-benefits-high-intensity-interval-training-hiit?page=2

"HIIT training can increase VO2 max for both high intensity and endurance athletes. VO2 max is the max amount of oxygen a person can use and transport during exercise. You want this number to be high because it enables us to use more fat as fuel instead of glucose. Since our fat stores tend to be much higher than glycogen stores, it is preferential to be able to get the highest percentage of fuel from fat during exercise. While sprinting uses a high amount of glycogen because it is such high intensity, the rate at which you change from fat burning to sugar burning is higher in individuals with a higher VO2 max."
http://www.coachcalorie.com/hiit-training/

http://www.shutupandrun.net/2012/07/go-faster-leaner-and-longer-with-hiit.html

Here's my routine:

3 minute warm-up by doing 2-3 MPH.
30 second sprint at 7-8 MPH (LA Fitness treadmill don't go as fast as I'd like)

1.5% Incline
1:30 jog at 3-4 MPH
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

2.5% Incline
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

3% Incline
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

1% Incline
1 minute sprint at 7-8 MPH

3 minute cool down 2 MPH

If you've never done it before or aren't in decent shape then I wouldn't recommend sprinting at 7-* MPH and/or incline.
This will make you sweat.:smokin

Here's some HIIT music:

You didn't answer my question though. You just told me something I already knew.

I'm not debating the benefits of HIIT. I'm calling that tumblr picture BS.

8MPH is a 7:30 pace. That's not a sprint. 4MPH is a 15:00 pace. That's a walk. If that's your jog/sprint, then maybe that tumblr picture is true.

Last edited:
I don't know how some of you guys can do 2, 3 even 4 days in a row of working out. My shoulders feel shot working out back to back days unless its chest then legs or something. Even then I like a full day of rest before hitting the gym again.

To answer your question:

"Not only do you burn more calories during HIIT workouts, but the effect of all that intense exertion kicks your body's repair cycle into hyperdrive. That means you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours after a HIIT workout than you do after, say, a steady-pace run."
http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-benefits-high-intensity-interval-training-hiit?page=2

"HIIT training can increase VO2 max for both high intensity and endurance athletes. VO2 max is the max amount of oxygen a person can use and transport during exercise. You want this number to be high because it enables us to use more fat as fuel instead of glucose. Since our fat stores tend to be much higher than glycogen stores, it is preferential to be able to get the highest percentage of fuel from fat during exercise. While sprinting uses a high amount of glycogen because it is such high intensity, the rate at which you change from fat burning to sugar burning is higher in individuals with a higher VO2 max."

Here's my routine:

3 minute warm-up by doing 2-3 MPH.
30 second sprint at 7-8 MPH (LA Fitness treadmill don't go as fast as I'd like)

1.5% Incline
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

2.5% Incline
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

3% Incline
30 sec sprint at 7-8 MPH

1% Incline
1 minute sprint at 7-8 MPH

3 minute cool down 2 MPH

If you've never done it before or aren't in decent shape then I wouldn't recommend sprinting at 7-* MPH and/or incline.

Here's some HIIT music:
Good lookin on that mix :pimp: I'm running to that

You didn't answer my question though. You just told me something I already knew.

I'm not debating the benefits of HIIT. I'm calling that tumblr picture BS.

8MPH is a 7:30 pace. That's not a sprint. 4MPH is a 15:00 pace. That's a walk. If that's your jog/sprint, then maybe that tumblr picture is true.

That picture came from this article.

Forget the jog slog and fit in a sprint for maximum weight loss results

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...oss-results-20120628-215a4.html#ixzz2MiXRlxUJ

I assumed you understood how the HIIT workout worked which is why I just posted my routine. I can't answer exactly how fast you'd need to run in order distinguish the difference between a jog and a sprint.

To answer your question:

Here's some HIIT music:

Do you use a standard treadmill? 7-8 mph is slow isn't it? I run miles at 9, and that's only like 6 minute miles.

HIIT isn't meant to be done on a treadmill, take it outside. 8mph is what a lot of people do to run long distances (1+ miles) and is NOT a sprint.

if you need to do it in the gym, hop on a stationary bike.

Going from a traditional:

Back/Bicep
Chest/Tricep
Shoulders
Legs

To:

Chest/Tricep
Back
Bicep/Shoulders
Legs

I might move triceps to bicep/shoulder day cause whenever I do the big muscle groups I struggle for time (2 hour parking limit at my gym or you pay a $3.25 parking fee, gym usually validates our tickets only up to 2 hours). I need a change up anyways, and i'll never do shoulders the day after chest, etc. Usually a day inbetween. I feel like my bicep and tricep work has been slacking cause im rushing at the end with 15-20 min left only. I dont know why my workouts lately have been taking so long, but ever since going with my friend on a nearly daily basis its just taken longer.

there's no need to be in the gym for 2 hours. might wanna cut out your buddy or find a way to be more efficient with him/her.

Last edited:
Almond butter, vanilla protein, lactose free milk, 1/2 banana, best damb protein shake I've bet hadz

smokin.gif

Honestly this makes ALL the difference.  Using room temp fruit or chilled fruit is crap in comparison.

I caved and took my crazy *** back to the gym, lol.

Went in on calisthenics.  There's just something about a good calisthenic workout that puts me in my happy place.  Ton of HIIT with the rope, good amount of pushups, pullups, and dips.

Cycling off of the protein powder for a bit.  Ordered some of the RAW protein so gonna see how that goes.

sprints is the first thing i recommend to anyone who asks me what the best way to get in shape. its works most of the body and doesnt take a lot of time. 

i cant run more than 7-8 miles because i get knee pain and running with a brace bothers me. so on my cardio days, i just do sprints and hit the pool for the distance stamina  

Terrible day meal wise/workout wise, been all the road all day for work ate like crap missed cardio. Must redeem myself Wed.

:smokin

Honestly this makes ALL the difference.  Using room temp fruit or chilled fruit is crap in comparison.
Man, I ran out of bananas and went to the store and bought some, "not ripe enough" bananas. I had to make "my" smoothie with it and I had to set it in the freezer for a minute man because it was too warm. Ugh......

smokin.gif

Man, I ran out of bananas and went to the store and bought some, "not ripe enough" bananas. I had to make "my" smoothie with it and I had to set it in the freezer for a minute man because it was too warm. Ugh......
laugh.gif

Anytime I use room temp fruit, the smoothie goes straight into the freezer.  Takes a lot of self-control to wait for the damn thing to get cold, lol.

^^ 6:06 is the fastest mile I've ever ran in my life lol and I'm damn proud of that time!

Durden,

It was your suggestions that kind of got me looking into front squats. Even though I have no desire to do cleans anytime soon. About what kind of time frame did it take to get used to the grip? I guess I'll lighten up the weight to 95 to build up a tolerance. It just seems so wrong squatting with 25s haha

I'll prob continue to squat both ways as well so I can get the burn I want in my legs.

If I had to take a guess, id estimate it took me a month or two to get fully comfortable with the grip. For a long time, I couldn't even Olympic style front squat 95 lbs, but could move 185+ using the crossed arms method. It hurt my wrists so bad. I really put a lot of effort into it and once I saw the flexibility get better, the progress was quick.

I did a bunch of things that helped me get the needed flexibility. Using that grip style during all of my warmups for back squats worked well. At night id stretch my wrists on the floor and that helped.

Dumbbell Bench
45lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Bench Incline
40lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps/ 4sets

Cablefly
50lbs - 8reps / 4 sets (2x)

Is this too much for a chest a workout? Should I lift more lbs for a bigger chest?

Dumbbell Bench
45lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Bench Incline
40lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps/ 4sets

Cablefly

Is this too much for a chest a workout? Should I lift more lbs for a bigger chest?

^yep. lift heavier my man. dont be afraid of the barbell on a flat bench. i'm not so sure you need two sets of flies either.

Dumbbell Bench
45lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Bench Incline
40lbs - 8reps / 4sets

Dumbbell Fly
35lbs - 8reps/ 4sets

Cablefly

Looks good. Each week add about 5-10 pounds

Back
Top Bottom