STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Druden, when do you start your new job?

I'm sure your pretty stoked.

Technically this week. I did some stuff last week but not a lot. Its definitely going to be exciting. Not sure how much autonomy ill have in being able to design/implement programs but we'll see.

Edit:

Hit a 48 in box jump last week. Having foam plyo boxes makes a huge difference over the standard metal ones

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're trying to lose weight in addition to body fat, you should lower yourself to around 2000 calories until you hit your goal weight/bf and stick to something closer to 65/30. But yea do some pushups bruh, 188 is a pretty low weight at 6'1 to have 20% bf . Hit the gym, drink plenty of water and make sure you get enough potassium

Thx bro

i think that pausing at the bottom of a calf raise and being explosive to the top of your ROM would make you explosive, not bouncing. bouncing doesn't work my calves as much as the tendons in my feet. anyway, i usually pause, explode, hold/contract for a few seconds, slow and controlled negative and repeat.

Technically this week. I did some stuff last week but not a lot. Its definitely going to be exciting. Not sure how much autonomy ill have in being able to design/implement programs but we'll see.

Edit:

Hit a 48 in box jump last week. Having foam plyo boxes makes a huge difference over the standard metal ones
In terms of making it more forgiving if you miss?

Wiping out on a metal box is not fun.

Been out of the gym for a week now, injured my shoulder and been resting it for a while. I know I should still be doing cardio but been some what lazy. I need some motivation back to reach my goals again.

damb 5 posts since 2004
eek.gif
I get 5 posts in 5 minutes 
laugh.gif

What are some good ab workouts? 

I get 5 posts in 5 minutes :lol:

What are some good ab workouts? 

i usually hit abs twice a week, one day ill do ab ripper x

(just watch the exercises, dont listen to dude)

another day ill do a combination of weighted exercises.

situps on a decline bench with a plate on my chest
weighted leg raises on the dip/pull up tower
opblique raises on the dip/pull up tower
and usually ill throw in some ab wheel.

Edit:

In terms of making it more forgiving if you miss?

Wiping out on a metal box is not fun.

Yeah, ive missed a jump before and totally ****** up my shin. I have more confidence that if i miss it wont be catastrophic with the foam ones. :lol:

I destroyed my leg on one leg box jumps once..

I wasn't paying attention and my toe hit the box, all the weight on one shin....

Literally was the worst feeling ever.

I destroyed my leg on one leg box jumps once..

I wasn't paying attention and my toe hit the box, all the weight on one shin....

Literally was the worst feeling ever.

Yeah, I got one foot on, and the other one didnt quite make it. Scraped the hell out of my shin and back on the way down.

Yeah, I got one foot on, and the other one didnt quite make it. Scraped the hell out of my shin and back on the way down.

I wish I had scraped it.

It was a smaller box for quick one leg reps...

I had all my weight ontop of my right shin lol...

Felt like such a gerber.

Knocks all of the confidence right out of you lol

i do slow "stretch and contract" calf raises until i feel like i gotta poop (then do 2 more). LOL i usually do 3 sets of 22-25 reps.

I wish I had scraped it.

It was a smaller box for quick one leg reps...

I had all my weight ontop of my right shin lol...

Felt like such a gerber.

Knocks all of the confidence right out of you lol

Yuppp, ive done that too. Mine was a 42 in attempt.

Since we're talking about gym accidents...I toppled over doing some kettle bell rows a few months back. :lol: One got wobbly and the rest is history. There was no way to play it off either...

Since we're talking about gym accidents...I toppled over doing some kettle bell rows a few months back. :lol: One got wobbly and the rest is history. There was no way to play it off either...
other than box jumps, i've slammed my fingers between plates before. Bumped my head on the bar when setting up for a squat and a few more. After that initial adrenaline wears off I always feel spent. Definitely a good way of ruining a gym session

aside from racking the dumbell at work and pinching my finger and making a big slice over 6 months ago, i haven't done too much embarrassing stuff recently. was doing goblet squats last week and holding position at the bottom trying to get low as possible. felt good and comfortable while i was down there so i ditched the kettlebell and ended up on my back :lol:

All I've done is had my shoulder give out while doing dumbbell presses and dropped it and watched it roll across the gym floor and pinched my finger racking heavy dumbbells before, and I guess farting while lifting heavy weight happens sometimes. That means you're digging deep

Down 3 lbs in 1 week. I hit the gym 6 times last week. Could have been down more but I pounded a pizza and a sixer on my bday. 13lbs to goal by christmas.

Back
Top Bottom