STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

IMO the grips are all about preference and comfort..
I too use overhand because its comfortable for me. 
And deadlifts are something I NEED to be comfortable with.
I see a lot of people use one underhand and one overhand..
I tried that method but its just doesn't feel right to me.
I don't see where any extra benefit comes from though..
They are equally effective in my book.

I dont deadlift that often either.. (2-3 times a month)
I dont think people need to deadlift more than once every 10 days.
Unless you are bodybuilder or powerlifter type of person.

I just try to make sure I'm doing it right everytime I do it..
So I get a good workout in. I have never done more than 3 plates.

Use the traditional overhand grip for normal sets. If you want to go very heavy, using one underhand and one overhand prevents your grip from failing but if you've never experienced what it's like for your grip to fail then don't worry about it. When you're starting out, don't try and be super macho about it and lift 225 for every set. Most beginners can't go over 185 safely until after months of training. Deadlifts are an exercise where it's very easy to sacrifice form and safety to lift big weight, so don't let your ego get the best of you. Same goes for squats.

I'm comfortable with over-under grip for DLs, puts less strain on my hands. I alternate between hands in fear of uneven traps and lats.

Man I been so sluggish this week, Had a good workout monday using craze, but body octane on wed had me kinda weird feeling, idk if its the cold or what. Not going to the gym to do cardio tonight, gonna load up on calories and eat to matainence or alittle over, I think I been cutting too much this week. Might make up tonight on Saturday though

Question: in my 28 years of life, I have never deadlifted nor even attempted it once. It looks like a pretty intense and beneficial exercise though and I feel like im missing out. Although it also looks a bit intimidating and perhaps dangerous without proper form. Is this an essential exercise or what?
It depends on the goals..
If you want to bulk or just get stronger then deadlifts are really going to help.

With the right form.. Deadlifts are one of the best exercises.
Deadlifts target multiple muscle groups(65-75% of your muscle fibers)..
Burns a lot of calories..
Doing deadlifts also increases overall strength.. So testosterone will elevate.
Which in turn will help you increase other lifts as well.  

I am in your boat too bro. I am 25 and rarely if ever deadlift. But have started recently working it into my routine when i have time to waste on weekends when i don't have soccer.

If i remember correctly you said you play semi pro soccer :nerd: How did you end up in your club? I have a friend who used to play for some clubs (u-18) but took a year off(hes 19 now). He wants to join another club and hopefully make it semi pro/pro, but he just doesnt know where to start again. All the teams he used to play for only went up to 18

Last edited:
Thinking about taking some creatine again. Kind of hit a road block in the last couple weeks with my gains. I used to take it and got great results. Stopped and noticed my results diminished. Dunno if it can be attributed to the creatine stoppage.

Anybody have straight up info/facts. Does creatine put water in your muscles? Increase water retention. Also, if you stop taking it, do you lose weight and mass? Sorry for the dumb questions, I've always just been a protein and multi only kinda guy

So I'm getting a few tatt's tomorrow........... will I be able to sweat/workout with it? 

And to a lesser extent, will I be able to tan in a bed?

take some regular old creatine mono man - no need for fancy designer creatines. do it. don't "load" it and no need for grape juice etc. just take 3-5 grams/day and you won't bloat.
muscles feel fuller and strength should increase over the next month or two. i think it takes a month or so to return to baseline levels once you stop.

take some regular old creatine mono man - no need for fancy designer creatines. do it. don't "load" it and no need for grape juice etc. just take 3-5 grams/day and you won't bloat.
muscles feel fuller and strength should increase over the next month or two. i think it takes a month or so to return to baseline levels once you stop.
Baseline levels? Meaning how you were before you started taking it?

That's the thing, I don't see the point in taking a supplement if I'm going to lose my gains once I stop taking it. I don't want to have to use it as a crutch

So I'm getting a few tatt's tomorrow........... will I be able to sweat/workout with it? 

i would not work out.

1. it will dry up with the salt from your sweat
2. it can get infected
3. just wait bro

no tanning either. id wait a month before i tan or anything. it burns easier than regular skin. a tatt is for life, why risk ruining it. just chill

Baseline levels? Meaning how you were before you started taking it?

That's the thing, I don't see the point in taking a supplement if I'm going to lose my gains once I stop taking it. I don't want to have to use it as a crutch

natural or bust. yes some supplements work but your body will gain dependency over time. if you were to use them cycle on and off

i would not work out.

1. it will dry up with the salt from your sweat
2. it can get infected
3. just wait bro

no tanning either. id wait a month before i tan or anything. it burns easier than regular skin. a tatt is for life, why risk ruining it. just chill
Good info, rep'd.

The no sweat rule, is gonna suck.... no working out, running, or basketball 
mean.gif

What if it just cover up my tatts while in a tanning bed?

natural or bust. yes some supplements work but your body will gain dependency over time. if you were to use them cycle on and off
Word. I might just kill this bottle of creatine I have to help me get up to my target weight of 180 lbs before I cut.

Good rule of them for pretty much anything. Fat burners, ephedrine, creatine, preworkouts, juice, etc

i wish i can get back to the gym and workout again. Im just too busy right now

Same way man...I workout when I can, but lifting wise, I just dont have the time to have a full workout that I'm used to smh

just because you return to baseline levels, that doesn't mean you will lose all the gains in strength and muscle mass that you've made. i don't even really cycle creatine - just take a few weeks off all supps except for multi and fish oil once in a while. my kidneys and liver are fine - probably helps that i drink plenty of water. creatine mono is a proven ergogenic aid.

just because you return to baseline levels, that doesn't mean you will lose all the gains in strength and muscle mass that you've made. i don't even really cycle creatine - just take a few weeks off all supps except for multi and fish oil once in a while. my kidneys and liver are fine - probably helps that i drink plenty of water. creatine mono is a proven ergogenic aid.

is it even necessary to cycle off creatine? all the research i've done points to that it isnt.

There is no need to cycle creatine 
laugh.gif

One reason you cycle while on gear is because of the negative side effects that comes with them, creatine has no negative side effects like that, unless someone has heard different?

Got my 2nd show tomorrow at Kentucky Muscle here in Louisville..i placed 2nd overall last time in April...Ive been motivated more then ever to get 1st this time..

Back
Top Bottom