STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

how often/when do you use the percussion gun then? took it to the gym this morning & it didn’t really have the same effect/impact…i was already warmed up by the time i did actually think to use it, so it could have been that but i then used it again right after finishing my session & again not much of an effect…may not be that useful after all in those use cases.

still going to bring it along for the next couple gym trips, see if it can be/when/where it is effective

I don't do myofacial release or static or dynamic stretching before I workout, so I'd never use the gun before working out.

I use it if I have a particularly knotted-up muscle when I'm home, otherwise it just collects dust.

tl;dr: About once every 10 days or less often, depending on my training split.

I don't do myofacial release or static or dynamic stretching before I workout, so I'd never use the gun before working out.

I use it if I have a particularly knotted-up muscle when I'm home, otherwise it just collects dust.

tl;dr: About once every 10 days or less often, depending on my training split.

makes sense, did you get it with a particular reasoning/use in mind?

so i been watching vids on how to use these percussion massagers today and apparently there is a particular direction/way you’re supposed to use these thing on particular body parts/muscles 😮‍💨😅? could be placebo, but it got my knee feeling looser…didn’t think i was going to have to homework on this purchase

thinking about selling all my home gym equipment (power bar, calibrated powerlifting plates, rack ,etc) since I dont even use it anymore and covid is over..

what yall think.

thinking about selling all my home gym equipment (power bar, calibrated powerlifting plates, rack ,etc) since I dont even use it anymore and covid is over..

what yall think.

Home gym is one of my goals one day. Need to be a homeowner first. :lol:

If it were me, the convenience of working out at home would be too great to give up.

As long as space wasn't the issue, I'd just focus on upgrading my equipment over time to the point were a gym was completely obsolete.

what yall think.
tumblr_pi63pvPN7H1qh9acyo1_1280.png

what yall think.
i hear there’s a walmart parking lot in fremont CA where random folks be throwing their weight equipment for free. just saying

So I’m 6’ 2” 150lb for reference, and I started going to the gym like last week. My max bench was 115 until tonight when a friend of mine corrected my grip and form a little and I hit 130.

I know ppl in here be benching 200+ but I’m mad proud of myself for that short of time :pimp:

So I’m 6’ 2” 150lb for reference, and I started going to the gym like last week. My max bench was 115 until tonight when a friend of mine corrected my grip and form a little and I hit 130.

I know ppl in here be benching 200+ but I’m mad proud of myself for that short of time :pimp:

😎 run your own race, there’s almost always going to be someone doing better/more but as long as you are working towards getting better/improving yourself and you can see the work paying off, it’s good money being made!

Last edited:

I was 5'8 and my natural frame was small with a standard weight of 143 lbs. Nowadays, I'm still 5'8 but looked bigger than my height since my frame have gone to between L/XL. Current weight running at 215-220 lbs but have been cutting since January. While I look slimmer now, my weight is still over 200 lbs and been targeting to atleast reach 190 lbs for now til I achieve that. In fairness, my endurance has been better and gained some flexibility. still nursing some injuries so dieting is my start. Will be pushing it tomorrow with some HIIT cardio and weights. Hope to return to swimming this coming May.

You should be proud. I first maxed out at 95lbs. I was 14 years old but the age and weight is irrelevant. What matters is that it was the first time I ever established a baseline. A forever personal measuring stick so to speak.

Like tokes99 tokes99 said, run your race. For every one person putting up 200lb, there's someone who couldn't give a **** about strength but desire your type of leanness. Y

Maybe you're a serious or casual athlete in a sport where benching 200lbs is of no benefit, or more likely to even be a detriment.

The beauty of strength training is you can pimp it to aid you in whatever endeavor or goal you want, could be purely aesthetic or based on measurable athletic performance.

All that's required is knowledge, dedication, time. You'll definitely find that here in this thread, a long with some laughs and good vibes, welcome bro. :pimp:

Could be real, just taking plenty of “supplements” like them beefy cross fit girls.
I worked with a woman like that yrs ago. Juiced to the gills. She didn't have breasts anymore like that one, just pecs. Was not attractive at all.

Back
Top Bottom