STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i just noticed today PF doesnt have rope attachments for the pulleys. then saw on a sign that CDC and Gov said no to all ropes

Must be PF. There are ropes in other gyms (I used 1 week trial for several gyms, with multiple emails)

squatted and deadlifted at home yesterday... cant do it again man.

its crazy how the atmosphere affects you. i need to be in a gym lol. i was struggling with squatting 340 lol.

i dont mind benching at home though cause bench is easy in general

I have hardwood floor and I don't wear shoes in the house. So I am always sliding, I think I need those hospital or skyzone socks for grip.

i know you mean your own cable machine and ropes

:lol:

umad.png

V-Bar, V Handle, Short Rope, Long Rope, and Flat Bar stay camped in the gym bag.

Only thing I need now is a set of D Handles for flyes. :pimp:

20200818_150311.jpg

These came in the other day. Discount code worked and everything. I think they're coming in from overseas. Pretty good quality as far as I can tell. Currently wearing the 2-in-1's and they're pretty damn comfortable. The name and logo goofy as hell though. Luckily no one gonna see me in my home gym.

Side note my 8 plates of 45s will be here Thursday. Can't wait! :evil:
Those are the two I have. For anyone else who needs here is my link (affiliate to be fully transparent)

www.squatwolf.com/?ref=bb-eb6k9k

discount code: SW44

Posted on my IG, some people not feeling it, since they Bought the equipment, they feel they can price it how they want..I love the anti resell stance Rogue has esp during times like these where alot of folks outlet is through working out/lifting, and not haing the ability to do that will be tough. My $5k garage gym investment two years ago paid for itself when all this kicked off.

The 3s are terrible. Such a letdown. The rom 2 were the GOAT. But supposedly the 4s are better so I can’t wait.

Why do you say that? I have the Nike 3XD's, think they are cool but have nothing to compare to so curious why the 2's or 4's are better.

I have both..2 x 3 versions..Only big different is the weight, flexibility. I knew I was going to hate that KD basketball tongue but needed new lifters.. They served their purpose and still get the job done

Why do you say that? I have the Nike 3XD's, think they are cool but have nothing to compare to so curious why the 2's or 4's are better.

I can only speak for squatting since I don’t olympic lift/CrossFit.

What I hate:

1. low top. I prefer mid to high top shoes to give me mental ankle stability

2. weight is too light. The 2 and 4 are really heavy and it makes me feet feel bolted down to the floor/stable

3. One strap. The 3 only has one strap over the mid foot. The 2 and 4 and has two straps making your feet feel mote secure

4. Flat laces. I hate flat laces. Doesn’t feel tight/secure compare to round laces. This is nit picking and obviously I could’ve just bought round laces lol.

5. flimsy tongue that moves to the side as you walk around in them

6. material doesn’t feel as good as the 2. The 2 were made of leather all the way around while the 3 got some synthetic plastic + leather

the 3a are notorious for being a downgrade compared to the 2s.

20200821_030310.jpg
^Rom 4's unboxed on my floor.

Romaleos 4 initial impressions:

- Feel just as heavy as the 2's, so an obvious upgrade over the regular 3's if you prefer a heavier shoe. (Edit: 4's are 0.67 ounces heavier than the 2's.
whoo.png
)

- Straps are much shorter than the 2's, so no need to worry about cutting them or walking/tripping on them.

- They're easier to walk around in than the 2's. Most noticeable difference is you can move around the gym floor like a you're wearing a pair of Metcons vs the Robocop boots that are the 2's. Prolly have less traction over slippery surface (just a hunch based on first wear). It's much easier to "square up" your feet after unracking the bar before squatting than in the 2's. The 2's feel like wearing a nice pair of Timbs while these feel like wearing a pair of thick wool socks.
wow.png

- Laces are round and flat. Might swap for round laces with metal eyelets.
1598009938650.png

- Stability is on par with (if not better than) that of the 2s. I do notice that there is more exposure to both sides of my ankle joint than I remember with the 2's. (will check once back to the car.) Difference doesn't seem to be that big.

Edit: Checked at home. The 3's have maybe a millimeter higher sides i.e. the bones on the side of my ankles sit inside them vs. the 2's and 4's where they do not. The sides of the 4's might be half a millimeter lower.

- Tongue built like the 2's but not reinforced like the XD's. Shouldn't be an issue at all in the 4's.

- Sole is firm and inflexible like the 2's whereas the 3's had a much more flexible forefoot sole.

- The decorative Swoosh seems to be painted off and looks like it will flake off with time (could be specific to certain colorways).

- Much more comfortable than the 2's. Even cranked all the way down they're not uncomfortable. It's not uncommon for me to have to re-lace the 2's multiple times in a session.

- Only comes with one pair of insoles (med competition firmness?) vs. the 2's that had both hard (competition?) and soft (training?) insoles included. These insoles feel easier on the feet than the firm 2's insole, but that could be due to the heel/ sole construction. Since I have so many extra insoles feom all of the 2's I could dona swap if necessary...

- Not as breathable as the 2's; wearing my normal socks my foot is definitely warmer than usual (like standing in hot sand). (Edit: The warm feeling went away.)

- Heel feels closer to the 0.75" drop that the 2's had than the 0.79" drop the 3's had (if you squat in Olys regularly you should be able to feel the difference).

- The 4's felt broken in after maybe 65-70 minutes of wearing and were comfortable enough that I felt safe to go for a new training max (1x1 @ 445) on squats.

- Strict Pressed in em too and had no issues. The drop on the 3's felt too high on squats (but was good for pressing) but they weren't heavy enough to where I could feel rooted when OHPing. I ended up with a 5lb OHP PR and then a 5lb PR for Pendlay Rows.
rejoice.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

With all of that said, I really like the 4's, even more than the 2's. (If a fire burned down my house, I'd replace all my shoes with 4's instead of trying to get more 2's.)

These new Romaleos are much better than the 3's (never wore the XD's) and the old Adipower 1's (which I immediately gave to somebody on here once I got my first pair of Romaleo 2's).

tl;dr: Final verdict: 99/100 (Laces could be nicer. Swoosh material looks sus.)

20200821_030310.jpg

- Feel just as heavy as the 2's, so an obvious upgrade over the regular 3's if you prefer a heavier shoe. (Edit: 4's are 0.67 ounces heavier than the 2's.
whoo.png
)

- Straps are much shorter than the 2's, so no need to worry about cutting them or walking/tripping on them.

- They're easier to walk around in than the 2's. Most noticeable difference is you can move around the gym floor like a you're wearing a pair of Metcons vs the Robocop boots that are the 2's. Prolly have less traction over slippery surface (just a hunch based on first wear). It's much easier to "square up" your feet after unracking the bar before squatting than in the 2's. The 2's feel like wearing a nice pair of Timbs while these feel like wearing a pair of thick wool socks.
wow.png

1598009938650.png

- Stability is on par with (if not better than) that of the 2s. I do notice that there is more exposure to both sides of my ankle joint than I remember with the 2's. (will check once back to the car.) Difference doesn't seem to be that big.

Edit: Checked at home. The 3's have maybe a millimeter higher sides i.e. the bones on the side of my ankles sit inside them vs. the 2's and 4's where they do not. The sides of the 4's might be half a millimeter lower.

- Tongue built like the 2's but not reinforced like the XD's. Shouldn't be an issue at all in the 4's.

- Sole is firm and inflexible like the 2's whereas the 3's had a much more flexible forefoot sole.

- The decorative Swoosh seems to be painted off and looks like it will flake off with time (could be specific to certain colorways).

- Much more comfortable than the 2's. Even cranked all the way down they're not uncomfortable. It's not uncommon for me to have to re-lace the 2's multiple times in a session.

- Only comes with one pair of insoles (med competition firmness?) vs. the 2's that had both hard (competition?) and soft (training?) insoles included. These insoles feel easier on the feet than the firm 2's insole, but that could be due to the heel/ sole construction. Since I have so many extra insoles feom all of the 2's I could dona swap if necessary...

- Not as breathable as the 2's; wearing my normal socks my foot is definitely warmer than usual (like standing in hot sand). (Edit: The warm feeling went away.)

- Heel feels closer to the 0.75" drop that the 2's had than the 0.79" drop the 3's had (if you squat in Olys regularly you should be able to feel the difference).

- The 4's felt broken in after maybe 65-70 minutes of wearing and were comfortable enough that I felt safe to go for a new training max (1x1 @ 445) on squats.

- Strict Pressed in em too and had no issues. The drop on the 3's felt too high on squats (but was good for pressing) but they weren't heavy enough to where I could feel rooted when OHPing. I ended up with a 5lb OHP PR and then a 5lb PR for Pendlay Rows.
rejoice.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

With all of that said, I really like the 4's, even more than the 2's. (If a fire burned down my house, I'd replace all my shoes with 4's instead of trying to get more 2's.)

These new Romaleos are much better than the 3's (never wore the XD's) and the old Adipower 1's (which I immediately gave to somebody on here once I got my first pair of Romaleo 2's).

You should be a professional reviewer :lol:

Are they still TTS for us wide foot gang?

20200821_030310.jpg

whoo.png
)

wow.png

1598009938650.png

rejoice.png

I was sold when I saw Mattie Rogers lifting in them, but when they get the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master breakdown, issa robocop...

Back
Top Bottom