STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Not sure I'd recommend programs like these to a complete noob going to PF tho.
holeup.png

Not at all, lol. My dumbbells at home go from 25-45 lbs, I'm not ready to be tackling 100lbs yet. Damn, I feel kinda weak for saying that :smh:

Don't, Emmitt Smith used to have issues benching 185 for reps.

One of the things I learned while working with the Texans, was that it didn't matter how much you were able to push, just as long as you were consistent with the effort. Stimulation occurs through the intensity of exercise, which can be adjusted not only through weight, but also tempo and rep count. This is why I suggest reading up on fitness from a clinical perspective, not one of bro methodology.

Let's say if someone tells you that you should start as a beginner, using the so called Big 4.

Well, if you have a preexisting condition that prohibits you from doing those movements properly, then those exercises will be contraindicated to your condition. Therefore you'll need to find alternative exercises to do, that will be much more effective for your fitness goals. Lifting 25lb dumbbells for reps, using a tempo that stimulates the result that you are looking for, in a particular exercise, may be the better activity. Corrective exercises fit in there as well.

Also, starting out with postural corrective exercises at the early parts of a routine have never hurt anyone, but doing deadlifts too early can.

Maintaining a neutral spine is far more beneficial as we age, in which will allow you to train and enjoy all activities, for as long as you live.

Not sure I'd recommend programs like these to a complete noob going to PF tho.
holeup.png

:lol: I did shortcut to shred at PF. Was a challenge and had to alter many moves but still was a good program for getting back into it. I feel what you are saying though, hopefully those links can help provide insight on different workouts for different areas of work.

This kid is going to be so confused be the 10 different suggestions he's getting :lol:

Do yourself a favor buddy and go join the the bodybuilding.com forums and you'll find plenty of info there.

Truth. I've used that site so much over the years. Hate that they charge for workout plans now though. :lol:

Deadlifting with sore quads be the worst.

415 1x4, 1x3
325 1x7

Pendlay rows
Last pull down and other accessories and ish

I know a professional boxer that works out at a planet fitness. Does his skill work somewhere else in the city. Unless you want some custom gear you can make anything work. “Planet fitness sucks!!” Is some YouTube fitness Bs

Yep

Went from the most expensive rec center in the UNC school system,

to a $5 gym.

Gains being made at both.

Postural correction exercises? I’m intrigued

Depends on the posture. Some people are extended at the T-spine, some people are kyphotic, some people are lordotic at the lumbar spine, some people have upper crossed syndrome. Some people sit in scapular depression, some in scapular elevation. Some both on different shoulders. Different prescriptions for different postural deficiencies. There's no one size fits all approach.

Last edited:
well most people are rounded forward due to sitting and being on our phones so probably things like strengthening the mid back and the erector spinae
I’ve been doing hangs for a few years now. Also added scalpular pushups to my push-up routine. Knee raises when I can. Does that count? Gimme examples

I haven't benched in over a month due to shoulder issues. I haven't pressed anything over my head for the same reason. PT discharged me today, and in so many words told me to stop being a wimp and get back into it.
Although having my training interrupted sucked PT has been an eye-opening experience. It teaches you about your body. Working out is a lot more than just lifting heavy *** weights.

Slowly getting back into bench was humbling, to say the least. 225 felt heavy as ****, and I only did it for 6 to stay on the safe side and not overextend myself.

Sucks when I use to eat 275 x 8, 295 x 6 and 315 x 4 for cookies.

SOMEBODY, PLEASE TELL ME MUSCLE MEMORY IS REAL :frown::rofl:

I know it is, I just need to hear it from someone else.

Last edited:
Shoulder pain and heavy presses are a bad combo.

It used to be excruciating pain to hit incline bench, still using dumbbells lol

aNYone aNYone what did they say your injury was?

aNYone aNYone its easy to put back old strength.

When I hurt my lower back I couldn’t even deadlift 185 without extreme pain. I let that ish heal for 6+ months by not doing any lower body movements

Now I’m finally back to where I was before the injury.

Shoulder pain and heavy presses are a bad combo.

It used to be excruciating pain to hit incline bench, still using dumbbells lol.

aNYone aNYone what did they say your injury was?
Yea incline bench puts a lot of stress on the AC joint.

I had been dealing with it (shoulder issues) for months and figured the worst due to the length of irritation/ injury.

It most likely happened while I was attempting to do that idiotic squat everyday routine. Putting a heavy *** barbell on your back day after day is a no-no.
I had terrible shoulder mobility in the first place and used to attempt mid to low-bar squat. Knowing what I know now, I did something to the rotator cuff muscle below the spine of the scapula.

I was dealing with that and proceeded to train around it until... my shoulder started beatboxing whenever I moved it. :smh::lol:

As aforementioned I feard I'd done the worse and assumed a cuff tear. When to the doc and he proceeded to put me through a series of stretches.

Ultimately he concluded that I didn't have a full tear. Said that if I did, I'd know right away. I had way too much mobility and not much pain for that to be the case. He added that since I'm relatively young unless it was a sudden traumatic injury, I most likely good.

Doc said it was most likely impingement or a slight tear, but small tears like bulging discs are a lot more common than we think and tend to heal on their own. Of course, there's no way to know without an MRI, but my insurance wasn't with it, and the ordinary course of action is to attend PT.

I went to PT, and they essentially said the same thing. Need to be more mindful in the gym and exercise the small, crucial muscles. For example, have weak rear delts which caused issues.

Forgive me for the long-*** Tank Top Master Tank Top Master like post. :lol:

i doubt many people in here doing snatches :lol:

i actually haven’t in a while either cause of my shoulder. hopefully get back to them soon

If you train all of those lifts and are halfway strong then that shouldn't be THAT hard of a challenge, considering theres plenty of powerlifters totaling 2k with just 3 of those lifts.

I bet bwood056 bwood056 could do it.

Never done snatches before.

Don't even have a place to do them where I can drop the weight. Would **** up the weights and the floor :lol:

If you train all of those lifts and are halfway strong then that shouldn't be THAT hard of a challenge, considering theres plenty of powerlifters totaling 2k with just 3 of those lifts.

I bet bwood056 bwood056 could do it.

I wouldn’t be too far off, but I haven’t snatched in years and years.

My banged up Shoulders aren’t doing anything compromising like that now.

Back
Top Bottom