STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

225 is the holy benchmark for beginner/intermediate peeps. :smokin

Like everyone who takes working out even relatively serious SHOULD be able to do 225 for one.

Been stuck on it for a while, my heaviest bench ever is 245 but I was on creatine and also weighed like 40lbs more. For the past month ive been doing incline and decline as my main exercises with flat bench after. Hopefully I get out of this 225 plateau.

I got mine up with db press. Incline and flat. Worked my way up to 80s now I got it. I also don't really care about benching but I do want to be able to do 225.

Ever since i tore something in my shoulder 4 years ago and never went to the doc for it (didnt have insurance at the time) i havent been able to go over 225 in bench since then..

Anyone try the rogue sled? My first time yesterday, really killed my legs for a second with 450, wow at the end of a work it's icing on the cake. Don't really feel as sore as I thought I would next day.

225 is the holy benchmark for beginner/intermediate peeps. :smokin

Like everyone who takes working out even relatively serious SHOULD be able to do 225 for one.

Been stuck on it for a while, my heaviest bench ever is 245 but I was on creatine and also weighed like 40lbs more. For the past month ive been doing incline and decline as my main exercises with flat bench after. Hopefully I get out of this 225 plateau.

Everyone is different and different things work for different people, but why decline/incline, then flat? Decline is a waste of time imo if you aren't able to hit 225 on flat (some people will argue its a waste of time all around). I'd switch that up a little bit if you're goal is to hit 225 again. Several sets of flat, incline, dips, flys, then whatever, depending on what you have left in the tank.

Its a pretty common routine for people to hit incline and decline to up their flat. I can already hit 225 for one, long time ago. 235 is actually where im at now.

Been doing incline DB then incline BB, decline BB then flat BB and I feel great.

Decline is a waste in my opinion, I tried it once and never did it again. It doesn't help you with your setup on flat at all which plays the biggest role in having a big bench, it might actually hurt it because your legs aren't on the ground so you don't get to practice leg drive. I have always been a fan of the theory if you want to be good at something then just do more of what you want to be good at, in other words just hammer out sets and reps on flat BB bench if thats what you want to get stronger and better at. 

Honestly decline is my strongest, I always use Dumbbells. Not a fan at all for barbell pressing, and I really don't even do flat bench. Most incline 120's usually max , nice long high rep warm ups. But yea I can always go heavier on flat then incline for me. Extra 5lbs

I think I cycle through my preferences. the past two years I'm more inclined to do BB presses. before that DB was my preference.

But through out each time I can confidently say I hate bench fly lol

Decline is a waste in my opinion, I tried it once and never did it again. It doesn't help you with your setup on flat at all which plays the biggest role in having a big bench, it might actually hurt it because your legs aren't on the ground so you don't get to practice leg drive. I have always been a fan of the theory if you want to be good at something then just do more of what you want to be good at, in other words just hammer out sets and reps on flat BB bench if thats what you want to get stronger and better at. 

I was never a big fan of decline either but why not give it a shot. If it doesnt help my bench then oh well, it still works the chest though. Its just a change in routine, half the reason I did it was because of boredom with my usual chest routine. It never hurts to try anyways.

I was never a big fan of decline either but why not give it a shot. If it doesnt help my bench then oh well, it still works the chest though. Its just a change in routine, half the reason I did it was because of boredom with my usual chest routine. It never hurts to try anyways.
I think for BigBoss' sport it just wouldn't be a useful accessory.

I understand what you're saying, but you said you wanted to get past the 225 plateau. I don't foresee that happening very quickly by doing flat bench after incline/decline. You'll move past 225 much quicker by just doing sets of flat. Like boss just said, and I've said in the past. Do you though homie just my opinion.

huh? 225 is light and i've passed that challenge years ago. i never said that 

i was being sarcastic lol 

Murph.

For all the military personnel in this thread.

Thank you for your service.

Back
Top Bottom