STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Man, I got blackout drunk off gin on Saturday night. Ate an entire red velvet cake that my roomate had in the fridge when I got home. Ate nasty hangover recovery pizza almost the entire next day.

These gains are suffering bros

I was replying to Picasso my bad

Im trying to go PAST 225. Well acually my 1RM right now is 235 on a good day. Theres numerous videos stating to TRY hitting incline and decline hard to get your flet bench up. So im trying it now. If I get results then I do, if not its a good change from my normal routine anyways.

Last edited:
Decline is such a ***** to get the db up I don't even do it. Yeah I can lift heavy on it if you pass them to me but myself... **** that.

Weighted dips are my go to after flat and incline.

Damn, what was your time?
Did it right under 56 minutes :smh:

Biggest reason is that my pull up game has vastly improved.

That's wusup bro!!! That's awesome!

Did you do it straight in order? Or you broke it up?

Hmm, weighted dips after incline and flat sounds better. Oh well, still gonna do this til the end of June and see what happens.

That's wusup bro!!! That's awesome!

Did you do it straight in order? Or you broke it up?

Broke it up into 20 rounds

Last year I tried to do the pull ups straight through [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Body was not ready for the murph

I understand what you're saying, but you said you wanted to get past the 225 plateau. I don't foresee that happening very quickly by doing flat bench after incline/decline. You'll move past 225 much quicker by just doing sets of flat. Like boss just said, and I've said in the past. Do you though homie just my opinion.
That, and actually addressing the weaknesses of your bench. Replacing incline and decline with more tricep work (especially rack lockouts) have helped out a lot lately with my bench progress since my weak point is my lockout. 

Dedicating a day to my shoulders every week and going heavy on seated military press and OHP have helped out as well. 

Broke it up into 20 rounds

Last year I tried to do the pull ups straight through [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Body was not ready for the murph

Dope.

Did mine with the vest straight, time was 54:32.

ran the 1st Mike under 6:45 with the vest. The hard part for me were the push ups. Once I got to 100 push-ups, I was just taking long *** breaks lol.

My 2nd mile was horrible because my toe showed me no mercy.

Last edited:
man i wanna work my way up to doing that murph with a vest. 75 minute seal standard sounds doable but i know it has to be real hard. do most people kip or do they do strict pull-ups? few rounds of the 5-10-15 breakdown doesn't sound that bad but 20 sets sounds tough. do people just run 2 miles and do the workout? or does it have to be 1 before and 1 at the end?

man i wanna work my way up to doing that murph with a vest. 75 minute seal standard sounds doable but i know it has to be real hard. do most people kip or do they do strict pull-ups? few rounds of the 5-10-15 breakdown doesn't sound that bad but 20 sets sounds tough. do people just run 2 miles and do the workout? or does it have to be 1 before and 1 at the end?

I did my first 50 pull-ups strict. However, I did them in sets of 20. I did the butterfly pull-ups for the remainder.

Always impressed by people just handling weight. I hurt my back squatting. Did 315 for 4 sets of 3 reps belt-less. 4th set was a grind. Tweaked my back a little. But that was just 315. I am 175-180lbs body weight. How people that are 165 squat 405 blows me away. I guess a belt really does make that big of a difference?

The only reason i didn't use my belt was because it was supposed to be a light day...i just got a little carried away :lol:

I did my first 50 pull-ups strict. However, I did them in sets of 20. I did the butterfly pull-ups for the remainder.

My first time doing Murph...

I did a 5-5-15-5 rep scheme (20 rounds...strict pullups.) The hardest part, to me, was the last mile after all the air squats.

I really took my time and enjoyed the entire workout.

I did 1/4 Murph a few weeks back in a shade over 7:00 (I went all out), so I was hoping to do the whole thing in under 45. 50:28 was my time.

I was GASSED afterwards. But it was a good feeling to finish.

Back
Top Bottom