STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No joke, my feet shrunk a whole size the first time I really cut and recomped my body composition.

Anyone in here had experience with Autologous Bloody Injections?  This is non-invasive treatment for Patella Tendinopathy. 

I've had a tear in my patella tendon for a little while now and have had mixed results with conservative therapy (rest, eccentric rehab etc.).  So after being referred Sports Doctor he recommended an ABI injection.

The ABI injection is typically a 30min process.  They take a bit of blood from your arm (like a normal blood test) and then mix it with a bit of anesthetic and inject into the tendon with the guidance of an ultrasound to ensure the blood reaches the tear.

The objective is to cause inflammation in the tendon in the hopes that it'll repair itself.  As tendons don't have adequate blood supply like muscles do, it's a lengthy process to rehab them.  The ABI supposedly speeds this up.

I've have my first treatment 2 weeks ago and it's too early to tell if there's been an improvement because I'm not allowed to perform any high impact exercises like squats etc.  On initial diagnosis, my Doctor estimated 2-3 rounds.  

I'm 5'9 and have been fairly explosive for my basketball career, being able to throw it down well enough.

Interesting, sounds a lot like PRP. Does insurance cover it? I know a few insurance companies started approving PRP.

You said you were 175 or whatever when you were asking people bout your damn jeans, now youre 200lbs?

Your damn feet wont shrink, your shoes will fit fine.

Nah I'm just giving worst possible situation. I fluctuate really. After easter idk I feel like I gain 20lbs. But the most Consistent weight I've been is around 175.

I googled this and don't know if it will happen,but some said it did for the

Last edited:
Interesting, sounds a lot like PRP. Does insurance cover it? I know a few insurance companies started approving PRP.
It's a cheaper alternative to PRP.  PRP includes some foreign agent and the blood is spun to rid of some sort of chemical (don't quote me on this).

Where i'm from insurance used to cover it, but now they don't.  There's just not enough scientific evidence.

Anyways I forgot to add, that post was sitting on drafts for about 9 months haha... I had 2 injections and so far i'm getting linear progress.  Rehab isn't rehab anymore, it's just park of my daily routine and also incorporated into my gym routine too.

For those who have degenerative tendons, PRP/ABI are a good option.  

Unless you're dropping 50+lbs I don't think you have anything to worry about. Even then you may not see a world of difference. I dropped 35lbs my senior year of HS and felt no difference.

right now i am 5'5 and probably weight anywhere form 180-200 lbs. i havent weighed myself lately but last time i did a month or two ago i was between there. closer to 200 though. anyways right now i wear a shoe size of 9.5 and currently getting back in the shoe game. my feet have always been a little wide, but i dont think it was ever a problem. now that i weight a little more then i need to you can see that my shoes are wider then normal. i assume this is due to my weight.

now if i lose weight will my shoe size go down? i dont want to lose weight and my shoes to be huge. only problem i have is my feet are a little wide. they dont seem fat.

heres an example of what im talking about (picture below). i had these shoes since highschool. maybe 2009-2010. dont remember when i got these exactly, but it was in highschool and i graduated in 2011. basically i started gaining weight my senior year, but it was just the start. so the shoes still fit me back then. they fit now other then my shoes looking wider

what are your thoughts and will my shoe size go down to where my 9.5 shoes will be too big?

note that these arent tied tight. they were left tied so i slipped them on and are loose on the toungue.

now heres a random pair of shoes i got in like 2012 or 2013 for christmas where the problem is obvious.

I'm starting to think you're doing some serious multi-thread trolling. I had to double check that I wasn't in your original "I Need Denim Help" thread. How many times are you going to post pics of those haggard pants?!

Y'all ever see action Bronson's feet? Feel like his damn shoes about to explode

I've definitely noticed. It looks like he needs melted butter to get into his UltraBoosts and GLV's.

I'm starting to think you're doing some serious multi-thread trolling. I had to double check that I wasn't in your original "I Need Denim Help" thread. How many times are you going to post pics of those haggard pants?!
I've definitely noticed. It looks like he needs melted butter to get into his UltraBoosts and GLV's.

I posted again so i dont have to take another picture. Serious question I asked because I read it happens and I want to get back to the gym. Acting like I'm trying to get attention. I'm asking a serious question

I posted again so i dont have to take another picture. Serious question I asked because I read it happens and I want to get back to the gym. Acting like I'm trying to get attention. I'm asking a serious question

Not trying to be an a-hole, but say the general consensus is your feet will shrink and your shoes won't fit anymore--you're gonna let that get in the way of your fitness goals?

For what it's worth, my brother lost 80+ pounds and he wears the same shoe size. Anecdotal evidence, so it could be different for you.

All I'm saying is, if you feel you need to lose some weight, lose the weight. You can buy new Js; you can't buy a new body.

Well fellas, after a month back in the gym as my lifts near where they were before my lay off I've had a moment of clarity. I will be joking my local box and throwing all form out the window in pursuit of a title at the crossfit games.

Well fellas, after a month back in the gym as my lifts near where they were before my lay off I've had a moment of clarity. I will be joking my local box and throwing all form out the window in pursuit of a title at the crossfit games.

April Fool's???

I crammed 2 hours of weightlifting into 1 hour today. It felt like I was doing crossfit again. Wow.

I'm still on that adrenaline high.

It's all about technique bro lol.... I see a lot of people botching kettle bell swings though using way too much of their arms for momentum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom