STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Still going to get bigger. No avoiding that.

it kind of depends what he means by getting bigger, does he mean like gaining a bunch of weight getting fat...?

not necessiarily..
if he means a couple inches to his muscle groups.... I dont see what the problem is.

it kind of depends what he means by getting bigger, does he mean like gaining a bunch of weight getting fat...?

not necessiarily..
if he means a couple inches to his muscle groups.... I dont see what the problem is.

Pretty sure he meant size in general regardless of fat or muscle mass.

Wait so you can make significant strength gains without gaining size? Mind blown

You can make strength gains without gaining that much size, sure. But he said he didn't want to see ANY increases in size. That's just impossible.

i dunno man. my **** has gotten stronger over the years but it really hasn't grown any :frown:

I'm sure it can happen, I was just telling this guy it's highly unlikely especially since he is already lifting. I feel like some strength gains, especially when just starting weight training, come from training your nervous system, developing technique, etc. But at some point I feel like that type of development slows and then strength gains come from hypertrophy.

Not trying to say anyone's wrong or right but I think it's an interesting topic.

I haven't really studied this stuff, so I could just be talking out my *** lol

i was just making a joke but it censored my word :tongue:

but yeah man, i think it's possible to make strength gains without gaining a large amount of mass. you have lean competitive lifters that stay in the same weightclass and make improvements in their numbers. my brother-in-law made huge strength gains one year and stayed in the same weight class. he wasn't a noob either. it was his programming and training.

Last edited:
Your wrong. It is highly likely.

Heavy weights, low reps and sets, longer rest periods.
Have fun trying to get stronger and not fueling your body enough to actually get stronger....

For the majority of natural lifters, its going to be extremely difficult to make steady process over ones lifting career while not gaining much size, wether it be fat/muscle whatever. Of course there will be some genetic freaks that can do it and not gain much size/weight but thats very rare.

Nothing makes progression easier than gaining weight, possibly not even gear.

Last edited:

blocked and reported 
mean.gif
Good work.......

Lol chilllll
Again quest bars are good. The macros are great. But beasting over them like whitegirls and starbucks is over the line.
Ive had protein bars that are just as good and way more filling. Quest bars are teases....again great macros nice multitude of flavors.
But overrated

Well, I had to retire my last pair of jeans that fit. Couldn't get my hands in the pockets anymore. :lol:

Lol chilllll
Again quest bars are good. The macros are great. But beasting over them like whitegirls and starbucks is over the line.
Ive had protein bars that are just as good and way more filling. Quest bars are teases....again great macros nice multitude of flavors.
But overrated

I'm so glad I blocked you so I couldn't see the racist nonsense in your post.

:lol:

My roommate has an anytime fitness membership. I think I might go there today instead.
laugh.gif
I've never been to a regular gym but it sounds hilarious.

I love my grungy gym where everyone goes ham and its 95 degrees in there at all times.
laugh.gif
everyone is twice my size and just pushes the hell out of me.
Amen brotha, Iv'e been a lifetime member since my young days, but I recently visited my boy in Chicago and i gotta say the douche bag 80's gyms with the weights all over and Arnold's picture on the wall, and eye of the tiger playing beats having a life cafe anyday.

exactly. I hit the Kali group gym today with my homie because we missed it. :lol: immediately ran to the speed bag. Couldn't do it right because I'm terrible at it. then proceeded to rip my shirt off and hop on the broken elliptical. The whole time yelling at everyone else in the gym in a gym wide convo. Then hit cleans. Again lots of yelling. You get the picture. The freedom is amazing :lol: and yes there is a picture of rocky hanging next to the ring.

Last edited:
I am trying to cut down 10 lbs by thanks giving. Is this a realistic goal? I am currently 6'1 196 ish I am eating less, and currently switched from 5x5 to 3x8. Of course eating better is a given. Any other tips? MY boy said now that I just started doing legs the process should accelerate (injury). ? any suggestions would be great.

I have that football player look right now, going for that lean look.

Last edited:
Anybody have experience with trx. My goal is too Lean out. Trainer told me at the gym to do 4 weeks trx. Then 4 weeks back to weights. I'm thinking the trx will help me lean out a bit

I am trying to cut down 10 lbs by thanks giving. Is this a realistic goal? I am currently 6'1 196 ish I am eating less, and currently switched from 5x5 to 3x8. Of course eating better is a given. Any other tips? MY boy said now that I just started doing legs the process should accelerate (injury). ? any suggestions would be great.

I have that football player look right now, going for that lean look.
Recommended weight loss between 1-2 pounds a week.. that gives you less than 8 weeks between now and Thanksgiving. It's possible. ym.com/iifym-calculator/ estimate your BMR and the calories you need, then eat less than that, it'll break down what you should be eating.

Welp, that was a first.

I'm benching and a guy comes up to me and asks how many sets I have left. I tell him it's going to be a little while, but that he could work in.

So after my set, he proceeds to take all my weight off the bar, and then he starts curling the bar :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom