STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What happened to this thread. I'm reading there is no such thing as bad food??? What? I thought this was the stay/get fit thread. It's about getting your mind right and not eating unhealthy foods. A donut a day?? The only people I hear talking about that are people that want me to get off my deit for a day (mostly women). We really need to stop that talk. A donut as a cheat meal or sneak is okay once a month if your overweight trying to get in better shape or it you good shape trying to push it to the limit. To help take away that craven.

Lucky..lust stop fam. I was ready to defend you in a post until I read your last post...son...just stop.
No bad foods? THEN HOW THE **** DID YOU GET TO OVER 300+ POUNDS?!
Doesn't even make sense bruh. You can't keep eating cakes, fries, cookies, etc...evening you want to get a healthy body fam. Your still a fat person at heart, you gotta get that old self out of your mind and think rational bruh.
People in here are trying to help you man. Just listen and take then criticism and improve ya self. You have made TON of improvements to lose weight, but your gonna get fat again once your plateau if you keep eating bad foods thinking its all gravy..no pun.

I got fat from Eating over my Caloric maintenance level and not working out THATS how I got fat. Keep believing eat 1 hot dog is gonna make you fat. I DONT EVEN EAT SWEETS maybe something sweet every few months if that, what are you rambling about son?

1. I don't believe in bad food because there is no food that causes instant health damage. Eating 1 donut does not give you diabetes. Eating 100 donuts a day might do something to you, or might not, there is no way to tell because what happens to John Doe might not happen to Steve Jones, so at the end of the day dont eat 100 donuts a day and you dont have to find out what will happen.

2..How would you ask me what is bad food when I don't believe in Bad food?
YOU tell me what is bad food and why is it bad?
See my issue with this is you are skipping the idea of progression. The only examples you gave were 1 doughnut per day and 100 per day. Why not 1 per day for a week? You don't think that is a bad idea?

So bad food to you is INSTANT health damage? That is a hell of a definition man.

Bad food to me is food that has a significant portion of its makeup as not being of benefit to the body.

How often and how much of it being eaten doesn't matter to me. THere is good food and there is bad food. There are some things that fall in the middle but if you acknowledge there is a such thing as good food (I would hope you do) then there HAS to be bad food by logic. There is no good without bad. And Vica Versa

I went to Fry's earlier and got similar items to yours. Don't know **** about nutrition but I am trying.
Nutrition is the hardest part, lifting is easy. Once you get it down its simple, in the end it's just food, no reason to over analyze it.

My staple:

8 - 12 oz unsweetened almond milk (basically eyeball it)
1 frozen banana (you can go as high as 2 if you like)
handful of blueberries
1 serving peanut butter
6 oz of your favorite greek yogurt or 1 scoop protein powder

Your taste buds will thank me.
laugh.gif
Thief!
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I think that's pretty much the standard base that most use, lol.

When I need the extra calories, I add the yogurt to thicken it up, helps to make you feel "fuller" for longer.

iLLest, I'd ditch that sugar free syrup personally.  I guess it's all about where you stand on natural vs. artificial debate.  I'm just paranoid about some of the stuff that these products have in them.

Did a quick arm superset as I had to rush to get in the gym tonight before it closed.

Finally allowing myself a "cheat" meal.  Think my body needs this monkey wrench thrown into the mix.

Yea Illest, just make your own syrup man. Use some fruit, bring it to a boil. Use that as a topping. That sugar free stuff is a no go. I am sure you know that already.

YO FOUSEY,
ONE THING I DO IF I USED CANNED BEANS OR OTHER VEGGIES IS TO RINSE DA CONTENTS UNDER COLD WATER SO TO REMOVE THE EXCESSIVE SODIUM.
IM NOT SURE HOW STRICT U WANNA BE, BUT ITS A TINY THING U CAN DO
Cooking some Pinto beans right now in the crock pot. Dry Beans :smokin

Pintos + Sweet Potatos + Kale.

Can't wait until this is done.

YO FOUSEY,
ONE THING I DO IF I USED CANNED BEANS OR OTHER VEGGIES IS TO RINSE DA CONTENTS UNDER COLD WATER SO TO REMOVE THE EXCESSIVE SODIUM.
Cooking some Pinto beans right now in the crock pot. Dry Beans :smokin

Solid, clean meal.

YO FOUSEY,
Cooking some Pinto beans right now in the crock pot. Dry Beans
smokin.gif

Solid, clean meal.
Yeah, I need to give this a try.  Gotta incorporate more beans into my diet.  Kale is one of my favorites as well.  I like to juice it.

smokin.gif
to that avy btw.  Reppin JA!

I cook a pot of beans every week man. Try to eat them every day. I thank Ron Artest for putting me on. YEARS ago I read something about him making his wife make beans for every meal. Yea.

To those asking what else to purchase when they go grocery shopping, I noticed you guys didn't mention/picture any produce. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Spinach, Asparagus, Quinoa, lettuce, etc...can all add variety and flare to meals without adding tons of calories. Plus these items pack nutrients which aide in your immune and digestive systems as well.

I'm no expert, but Spinach, Kale, and Mushroom omelettes have been a nice breakfast item for me. Sautee the Kale, Mushrooms, and Spinach in Coconut Oil and seasoning (like the kind DC posted awhile back) and then add your eggs/egg whites. Simple, but effective.

Another solid meal I've had fun with is ground turkey stuffed bell peppers. Essentially the same mixture used in making a meatloaf, but now stuffing 10-12 bell peppers. I've done it twice...first time I criss crossed Turkey Bacon strips over each bell peper before baking them...damn that was good.

Also, you could pickup a few cans of tuna (in water preferably) for those times you want a healthy snack. The pouches work pretty well too.

Just a few ideas from items which have worked well for me.

To those asking what else to purchase when they go grocery shopping, I noticed you guys didn't mention/picture any produce. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Spinach, Asparagus, Quinoa, lettuce, etc...can all add variety and flare to meals without adding tons of calories. Plus these items pack nutrients which aide in your immune and digestive systems as well.
I'm no expert, but Spinach, Kale, and Mushroom omelettes have been a nice breakfast item for me. Sautee the Kale, Mushrooms, and Spinach in Coconut Oil and seasoning (like the kind DC posted awhile back) and then add your eggs/egg whites. Simple, but effective.
Another solid meal I've had fun with is ground turkey stuffed bell peppers. Essentially the same mixture used in making a meatloaf, but now stuffing 10-12 bell peppers. I've done it twice...first time I criss crossed Turkey Bacon strips over each bell peper before baking them...damn that was good.
Also, you could pickup a few cans of tuna (in water preferably) for those times you want a healthy snack. The pouches work pretty well too.
Just a few ideas from items which have worked well for me.

I like the tuna in the pouches, make it easy when you just want to make a quick serving. You ever have the flavored ones?

Speaking of tuna, to switch things up, I tried some tuna cakes.

Can of Tuna
Season (whatever you want)
Mustard (For Hold)
Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs (For Hold)

Put it on the George Foreman. I might start taking pictures of stuff. I don't but I might start.

I cook a pot of beans every week man. Try to eat them every day. I thank Ron Artest for putting me on. YEARS ago I read something about him making his wife make beans for every meal. Yea.
Gonna start this tomorrow.  I grew up on beans, but it's definitely something I need to get back to on a regular basis. Would offer a nice change of pace as I'm getting bored with meat/fish as protein sources.

Can of Tuna
Mustard (For Hold)
Put it on the George Foreman. I might start taking pictures of stuff. I don't but I might start.

I do this all the time, it's pretty good.

good movie, I was dying all the black dudes in this were rocking du rags with the cape out :rofl:

Thanks for posting this bro! what were the other movies you were watching, that you were talking about earlier? I know you said you saw pumping iron, did you see Raw Iron? It was the making of, a lot of behind the scenes stuff, pretty dope.

I dont really have any comments for what popped off in here...I will say yall keep things interesting and amusing tho loll. My dude BigBoss was 5 seconds away from tellin Lucky to see him wit dem handz. hahahaha. My brothers! hahah.

speaking of beans, I eat A LOT of lima beans and red kidney beans.

Last edited:
I dont really have any comments for what popped off in here...I will say yall keep things interesting and amusing tho loll. My dude BigBoss was 5 seconds away from tellin Lucky to see him wit dem handz. hahahaha. My brothers! hahah.
Haha it's all cool at the end of the day, we all in this together and I wish everyone success and hope everyone reaches their goals 
nthat.gif

Can of Tuna
Mustard (For Hold)
Do it dog, I need some new ways to eat tuna and I haven't brought my George out in awhile.

Thanks for posting this bro! what were the other movies you were watching, that you were talking about earlier? I know you said you saw pumping iron, did you see Raw Iron? It was the making of, a lot of behind the scenes stuff, pretty dope.

naw gonna chekc that out, I saw Bigger Stronger Faster but that was pretty much propaganda almost saying steroids were good for you. I think I`m gonna see that Pain and Gain movie with the Rock, usually before I go to bed I just let google TV play Physiques of Greatness channel or Hodgetwins. I like seeing the old school BB stuff even though its wack they were all on roids.

Ready for legs and back tomorrow! All i've had today was a salad and my protein shake right after the gym and a TON of water. I should eat something else but I haven't been hungry at all today.

Back
Top Bottom