STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

MobilityWOD

MobilityWOD

MobilityWOD

MobilityWOD

MobilityWOD

MobilityWOD  

I know most members on here are more into Bodybuilding, and might frown on this because it is related to Crossfit...but the information  on this website is GOLDEN, and all his videos are posted to his YouTube channel, so you don't have to register to anything or none of that kind of ********.

The website is ran by Kelly Starrett, who has a PhD in physical therapy, and the guy is a genius when it comes to understanding the biomechanics of the human body! 

Members on here who Squat/Dead Lift/Shoulder Press/Bench Press need to check out his videos...The videos are different mobility routines to do prior to your workout based on what exercise you're about to do. If you're serious about moving more weight...I'd highly recommend you look into this!
+1

there are a couple truly key stretches he provides that do WONDERS on making my elbows fast for cleans and snatches. which means heavier lifts..which means getting stronger.

it helps on days where you are feeling sore and even post work out knowing you'll be sore the next day. have something tight, ailing, sore..there's probably a stretch for you there. invest in a foam roller, a bag of lacrosse balls, resistance bands of all different sizes.

*ends infomercial*

:wow: i envy you.
if i had a girl who understood my gym goals and COOKED for me...dear lord.......
just had salmon at ebar. headed to movies. y'all mess with popcorn? haha. (I know the answer but you know what I WANT to hear.)
iLLest!

Yes man, :pimp:. She's been really great to me.

We understand each other (no cheesy).

She likes to workout just like I do, but she's more a cardio and pilates person. And I'm a weights person. So we eat healthy together.

Last edited:
and in regard to ihop have you ever tried their Simple fit items? Their egg white omelet is good, and they have a good french toast and turkey bacon meal. Both under 500 cal.

Yeah, items on the Simple Fit menu are the only things I order now.

I always end up getting the Simple and Fit 2x2x2 or the Simple and Fit Spinach, mushroom, and tomato omelette.

:pimp:

Next time I go grocery shopping I might cop some Pita Bread and make a pizza, got some low calorie light spaghetti sauce, gonna do cheese and chicken.

Lucky always talking about food... commes de guy ****es downe man! Bout to have a dude on some serious midnight snacks 
mean.gif

Last edited:
" Movie theater popcorn contains anywhere from 400 to 1,200 calories, not to mention one to three days' worth of artery-clogging saturated fat and a whopping 1,500 milligrams of sodium.
A medium-sized popcorn and medium soda at the nation’s largest movie chain pack the nutritional equivalent of three Quarter Pounders topped with 12 pats of butter, according to a report released today by the advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest. "
iLLest!

I usually sneak in some flavored almonds and a smart water, or if you are going to AMC a small popcorn is 350-400 cal.

I think once I outgrow my current gym I`m gonna join Golds Gym or World Gym, I hear World Gym is kind of expensive and only contract, there is a LA fitness down the road from my house and job, but they say Golds and World gym are gyms for guys who actually lift.

" Movie theater popcorn contains anywhere from 400 to 1,200 calories, not to mention one to three days' worth of artery-clogging saturated fat and a whopping 1,500 milligrams of sodium.
A medium-sized popcorn and medium soda at the nation’s largest movie chain pack the nutritional equivalent of three Quarter Pounders topped with 12 pats of butter, according to a report released today by the advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest. "
iLLest!
Go to the store, buy a bag of popcorn kernels.
Go home, heat up a pan, a little oil, insert kernels, let those things pop.

Add black pepper and a little hot sauce when it is done. No butter. Forgot the salt he is talking about

I'm a TMW fan and I thought that the transformation video was terrible. It looks like they shot it in one afternoon with no effort at all. I hope they give in and do a re-do. Because the transformation video was one of their most hyped videos, and they failed BIG TIME on it.

I'm a TMW fan and I thought that the transformation video was terrible. It looks like they shot it in one afternoon with no effort at all. I hope they give in and do a re-do. Because the transformation video was one of their most hyped videos, and they failed BIG TIME on it.

exactly, I did notice their faces looked fat as heck in the old videos compared to now

It could have been better and seemed rushed, but all was needed was a before and after pic and that was enough to motivate
Everything thing changed when they started lifting even the structure of their faces :wow: and I like what he said about effort

Last edited:
Yeah, they said their faces started getting sucked in when they started doing IF. But they both do not look older than 25 and they're both 38! Unbelievable.

I have 2 legendary Hardcore old school gyms by my crib I`m def joining one of them once I get to where I want to be cut wise, theres Coffee Gym where Kevin Nash, Lex Lugar, and other WCW cats use to train at and Iron House Fitness, Def gotta be in my A game when I get to that point and join lol cant embarrass myself.

Once I outgrow my financial situation ( :lol: ) I'd love to join a smaller high intensity facility like a crossfit gym (with lafitness still on my keychain) or something like MetroFlex, since there's one not too far from my girlfriends house.

During the madness at the gym Before the madness on the trails

Bucket list: one item marked off today, did my first hike in what hopefully becomes at the least a monthly occasion :pimp:

My new background on the phone.

Was quite an experience, especially after going to the gym just before to get my lifts in. I loved it though, no matter if it kicked my *** or not haha

Calves are shot! But back at it after work tomorrow afternoon :smokin

Last edited:
I have 2 legendary Hardcore old school gyms by my crib I`m def joining one of them once I get to where I want to be cut wise, theres Coffee Gym where Kevin Nash, Lex Lugar, and other WCW cats use to train at and Iron House Fitness, Def gotta be in my A game when I get to that point and join lol cant embarrass myself.

Lol Im getting "ready" to join crossfit in feb I dont want to embarrassed myself.
Thought I was the only one

Lol Im getting "ready" to join crossfit in feb I dont want to embarrassed myself.
Thought I was the only one

Yea these gyms are small and like dungeons from the 70s and 80s, def not a spot for rookies, not to say anyone can't go but just a personal thing I want to be legit as far as all my form is correct and I want to be lean because I'd be bulking there these spots have 150-200lb dumbells.

I won't be doing this till end of the year/next yr but its crazy that legendary spots are 10-15 min away from me, and I can do my cardio at my apartment.

You guys need to join your local BJJ gym

There is NOTHING more humbling and terrible than being dominated (no romo) in a grappling sport

Intermittent fasting is no joke. You'll see real nice results from it. Right now I'm doing a 36 hour fast. Started friday night & it's ending today at 11am. Wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be honestly. Although the hunger pangs have been creepin up on me the last hour or so. I hit up the gym twice yesterday, 8am supersetted pull ups & dips & did some cardio. At 4 i went back & did shoulders & traps. Its crazy how i didn't feel lazy, tired or lethargic. Drank lots of water.

Thinking about breaking my fast with a real nice protein shake. 3 scoops chocolate protein, natural peanut butter, a banana in almond milk & maybe 10 grams of creatine. Then some bacon & eggs. I'll give myself a nice 6 hour eating window to get my calories in. Today is also my off day.

Alittle info on bacon. The fat content in bacon is very similar to the body fat content that we have. Our bodies break it down & it actually helps us use our body fat for energy. It gets the job done especially doing IF. Its dense calories, high fat, high protein & no carbs. Is it high in cholesterol? Yes. But for the people who lift weights, cardio, live active already healthy lifestyles, your body converts the cholesterol into testosterone. More natural testosterone in the body means your building muscle & burning fat. 

Dense Calories, High protein, high (healthy) Fats, low carb diets with IF means your are a fat burning beast. 

YO FOUSEY,
ONE THING I DO IF I USED CANNED BEANS OR OTHER VEGGIES IS TO RINSE DA CONTENTS UNDER COLD WATER SO TO REMOVE THE EXCESSIVE SODIUM.
IM NOT SURE HOW STRICT U WANNA BE, BUT ITS A TINY THING U CAN DO
Cooking some Pinto beans right now in the crock pot. Dry Beans :smokin

Pintos + Sweet Potatos + Kale.

Can't wait until this is done.

YEA I PREFER COKING DRY BEANS V CANNED ALSO.

DC U FINNA MAKE ME DO MY TURKEY CHILI LATER

Going to kill my chest and tris today 
pimp.gif

Weigh in tomorrow morning, hope it goes well.

GUYS INSTEAD OF DOING BICEPS AND BACK, I DID SHOULDERS AND UPPER BACK (ALL SUPERSETS, OVERKILL, FEELSGOODMAN)

BUT NOW I AM STUCK FOR TODAY; I AM RUNNING MY CROSSFIT/CIRCUIT WORKOUT AT 2PM BUT I WANT TO GET SOME WEIGHT TRAINING IN

(I DRANK JAMESON LAST NIGHT AND ALSO HAD A BREAKFAST BURRITO AT THE DINER; ACCORDING TO U GUYS ITS GOOD JK LOL)

I WANTED TO ASK FOR SOME FOREARM EXERCISES OUTSIDE OF FAPPING LMAO. (IM GONNA DO BICEPS, FORARMS, CALVES, AND ABS)

ALSO, IN GENERAL, WHEN DO U GUYS THROW IN FOREARM EXERCISES INTO YOUR SPLIT?

THANKS

Back
Top Bottom