STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I tried Quest chips today... Def nothing i would eat just to eat, i'd have to be on diet and starving for something crunchy and different.
First bite i was like, wow.
then in the middle was just ready to finish the bag ..

How was your experience with that?

Never really tried that because anytime I'd start food tracking - my goal was consistency. I wouldn't be opposed to trying though. Gotta look into it more.
My body reacted well to it and it was pretty easy to keep it up because the workout days were carb heavy so I never ended up fiending for carbs.

I started at ~155lbs and by then end I was 147lbs and I got stronger throughout the entire course of dropping weight.

Macros I used were:

Workout days (2,382-2,582 cals): 160G protein, 350-400G carbs, 38G fats

Rest days (1,700 cal): 160G protein, 40G carbs, 100G fats

I used some IF calculator at the time because I did it while following the Lean Gains IF protocol.

So today it's going to end up roughly at:

Protein: 129g
Carbs: 184g
Fat: 70g

I'm 5'8 190 right now- a good amount of muscle but carrying extra fat too. Probably like 20% BF. I shoot for 1700-1800 because I'm assuming I'm gonna be off because of the oils used when cooking or not being able to properly measure some stuff. I think the last couple days I really ended up closer to 2100. But I know that's also low. I guess I'm trying to give myself leeway in case I mess up.

Trying to get down to something like 170. I'm not really positive what number yet. Don't know what type of weight would work best with my frame with the muscle I've added in the past year. Just want visible abs and (more importantly) get rid of the extra weight so I can run and jump like I used to.

Any suggestions? (sorry for the extra info lol)
carb backloading might be perfect for you...from my fairly limited knowledge of it 
nerd.gif

bruh, supposed to be cutting. while at home i eat decent.

ever since i got a girl we always eat out when im with her. SMH trying to get my 6pack back damn

Starting a cut now. Having trouble getting my macros close though. Any advice on protein-filled stuff that doesn't have too many calories? Right now my diet is basically lunch (2 large eggs + 1 slice of toast + 2 slices of turkey + milk), dinner (a cup or 2 of rice + chicken or steak), then a shake at night (protein powder + frozen fruits + veggies + water). Probably a little on the low side calorie wise (1700-1800) but I'm trying to be conservative because I normally underestimate calories. I don't really get hungry so that's not the problem. Think I'ma start throwing egg whites into my eggs. Can't really think of anything else. Maybe I should just up the amount of eggs + chicken.

A big Dannon eikos Greek yogurt has 88g of protein, no fat and very low sugar I forgot how much in total I think like 12. Somewhere around 440 calories. Definitely not something you will enjoy eating either. I usually down it with some fruit on the side

^Lol, Everytime I see the word natty I think if peanut butter. Always. I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich right now.

What do you guys think about squatting in Janoskis vs. Flyknit Frees? I usually squat in Janoskis cause I know some people swear by Chucks and Janoskis are the closest thing I have. I've heard other people say that a flat sole is not conducive to proper squatting and that you need some heel lift in your footwear.

Thoughts?

Don't the Janoski's have Zoom air? Go with whatever has the least cushioning which for you would be the frees.

Last edited:
Don't the Janoski's have Zoom air? Go with whatever has the least cushioning which for you would be the frees.

Yeah I know they have Zoom Air in the insoles but I usually swap those out when I use them for lifting. I just figured the solid rubber sole of the Janoskis would be better than the Phylon or EVA that the Frees use. I suppose I'll try squatting in the Frees and see if it feels better. Thanks for the input.

For me its just anything that makes me feel grounded.

I squat mostly in my free run 2s because they are slightly more elevated then my free 3.0s and since my 3.0s are runners they are narrow and when i have a lot of weight on my back i don't feel as stable as i do in my free run 2s.

My free run 2s have a wider forefoot and a more elevated heal so that is what i go with

Last edited:
LVFT clothing is aight. I ordered a pair of sweatpants and I swear they sent me womens cuz they were tiny. Gave them to my girl lmao

Back
Top Bottom