STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

isoflex is expensive. the mint chocolate and pb chocolate are the best flavors out of the ones i tried. it has a very high % of protein per scoop. i currently get about 20 grams of protein per day from powder right now. after reading about giant sports having their protein test results at half of the label claims, pretty much makes me even more picky about what few companies i'll buy protein from.

always wanted to get isoflex but that price, no thanks :lol: :x :x

laugh.gif
.....Thanks @BIGBOSS   I was just about to go into a boring meeting.  The lulz are appreciated
tongue.gif

Which multivitamin do you guys recommend I get? I used to get Mega Men Sport from GNC. Anything better? 

Bench work tonight, pretty simple, flat/CG/Incline some pushdowns and face pulls. Starting this training cycle with some higher reps here for a few weeks then slowly   going back to the "heavier" weights.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, amazing what changing your diet does to you. Been eating clean for a fee months now. Tried fast food the other day. Vomited it all out ten minutes later.

How often do you guys train each muscle group per week?

I know there are different philosophies on this. For about a year I've been training back and chest 2x/week, but I'd been getting an influx of tightness in certain areas (pec minor for instance). I don't know if this can be attributed to "over training," but I might go back to 1x/week for everything except legs.

Time for some beltless pr's bigboss?
Hmmm haven't really thought about a beltless cycle, I know the big dog DG implements them. Do you? I generally do all my pause squats without a belt but thats in about the 65% range.

What would you recommend? 

Oh yeah, amazing what changing your diet does to you. Been eating clean for a fee months now. Tried fast food the other day. Vomited it all out ten minutes later.

When I transitioned from "bad" foods to healthier foods, it took a bit of time for my stomach to get used to it.

Had a fried oreo the other day and it didnt sit right in my stomach at all :lol:

Which multivitamin do you guys recommend I get? I used to get Mega Men Sport from GNC. Anything better? 

For the most part they are all the same and you wont see/feel a difference going from one to another. Some like Orange Triad for its joint support. I use Opti-Men and probably will continue with it, I used to use Mega Men Sport which is fine. More pills in a serving = easier to digest, or so they claim (less dense, easier to break down). At the end of the day, not a huge difference at all.

dunno bout barfing up fast food. had a big mac the other night and it was glorious. smothered it with sriracha.

probably gonna continue the cut for an extra month and then do some 5-3-1 or maybe some variation of the texas method.

Last edited:
Currently squatting 245lbs, gonna try and hit 300lbs by the end of December.

How likely is this? 
nerd.gif

245 one rep max? If you can do a good 3-4 with 245 then 300 seems plausible in a month and a half.

In the 300's though 5 lbs is gonna start being a huuuuge difference.

For my heavy squatters and deadlifters, do you suggest I use a belt? I hit 295 on conventional today and feel like I can go heavier but I dont wanna join snap city

Use a belt if you are doing a lot Olympic lifts

But for squats and dead lifts you should be fine

How often do you guys train each muscle group per week?

I know there are different philosophies on this. For about a year I've been training back and chest 2x/week, but I'd been getting an influx of tightness in certain areas (pec minor for instance). I don't know if this can be attributed to "over training," but I might go back to 1x/week for everything except legs.

Currently squatting 245lbs, gonna try and hit 300lbs by the end of December.

How likely is this? :nerd:

Yeah your gonna have to be on an aggressive linear progression kind of program. As long as you eat a crapload and recover well with rest, definitely possible. Just don't over do it :lol:

2x a week for me. Workout one group (legs/shoulders, back/bi, DL/chest/tri) have 3 days rest then hit it again. Im at the gym 5-6 times a week. Then again, I go for 8-10 reps on everything except squats and DL which on my heaviest sets still range from 4-6. Combined with running or spin every workout and still being on a cut, I feel great.

Back
Top Bottom