STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Boss, just checked out your Instagram. Looked like you had a lot left in the tank on that deadlift. It wasn't even a struggle.

Boss, just checked out your Instagram. Looked like you had a lot left in the tank on that deadlift. It wasn't even a struggle.
Thanks, I think you're right, deadlifts are a mental battle for me for some reason lol

They never feel 100% comfortable to me and I always feel like my form is straight ****. My friend thats a D1 strength coach use to watch me to do them and always said my back was too rounded so that kind of got ingrained in my head a little bit.

Im trying to get my hips more mobile in general so I can get in a better starting position and help my squat some too. Sitting at a desk all day has not been ideal for this though.

LEGS DAY!

Heading to the gym late nigth for squats...squats...and more squats.

I see my deadlift days as leg days basically.  I know its a back exercise too but i swear 60-70% of my deadlift is leg drive.

Last edited:
Love deadlifts.

Suppose to be straight back but I woudnt worry about having a slightly rounded back unless you were going really heavy anyways.

Sitting at a desk all day sucks, it drains the life out of me. I have an Arnold quote posted in my cube.

"Man wasn't meant to live in a cubicle, he was meant to walk 60 miles a day and hunt saber tooth tigers with his bare hands."
Yeah luckily I can get up walk outside pretty much whenever I want to but still on slow days it sucks.
Love deadlifts.

Suppose to be straight back but I woudnt worry about having a slightly rounded back unless you were going really heavy anyways.
Yeah a lot of top lifters have rounding in their upper back, but really heavy varies from person to person though.

Last edited:
Yeah really heavy depending on the person. 225 ill have a slightly rounded back at times (obviously not what I prefer but it happens) and its fine and I wont think on it too much. 275 and up it would be a problem for me to have it rounded.

Activate your lats and traps and load your hams while keeping your core tight= no rounding for me. A lot to think about but it's helped tons.

Anyone run successfully while trying to build muscle? I know this is generally a no-no but there is no room in my gym for sprints or HIIT) and I just want to get my heart healthy and my endurance up. My stress levels and resting heart rate need lowering lol.

Anyone run successfully while trying to build muscle? I know this is generally a no-no but there is no room in my gym for sprints or HIIT) and I just want to get my heart healthy and my endurance up. My stress levels and resting heart rate need lowering lol.
Nothing wrong with running. 

This...

The only reason I rule out running is simply because I dont like it and it doesn't burn calories as fast other types of cardio I happen to enjoy like HIIT, plyometric type training, etc.

The likelihood of running becoming a bad thing (a hindrance to your growth) is extremely low.

This...

The only reason I rule out running is simply because I dont like it and it doesn't burn calories as fast other types of cardio I happen to enjoy like HIIT, plyometric type training, etc.

The likelihood of running becoming a bad thing (a hindrance to your growth) is extremely low.

Cool. I have no intention of running a marathon but I figured 30-60 minute jogs 2-3 times a week on days that I am not lifting in order to build endurance and lower my heart rate will be alright. Some of these youtuber's dramatic, "JOGGING KILLS YOUR GAINS/ MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A MARATHONER" attitudes had me hesitant. I appreciate your guys' input.

Last edited:

This...

Cool. I have no intention of running a marathon but I figured 30-60 minute jogs 2-3 times a week on days that I am not lifting in order to build endurance and lower my heart rate will be alright. Some of these youtuber's dramatic, "JOGGING KILLS YOUR GAINS/ MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A MARATHONER" attitudes had me hesitant. I appreciate your guys' input.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh.... Sometimes youtubers can be as misleading as supplement companies :lol:

I mess with the stair master

it burns calorie quick. And almost feels like im working with weights or doing plyo

[QUOTE name="aNYone" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/500128/stay-get-back-in-shape-vol-3-0-a-new-niketalk-a-new-thread/40710#post_21919464[/URL]"]
I mess with the stair master

it burns calorie quick. And almost feels like im working with weights or doing plyo
3x a week I do 30-45 mins stair stepper and 15 min hiit
You do the HIT on the treadmill ?
[/quote]

Yeah. It's a bit tricky and I'm sure I dont fully maximize it but I try. :/

anybody ever eat **** and land on their shoulder hella bad? all good, just kinda wondering if anyone is just as reckless.

totally unrelated to anything you've all been talking about.

I got a question too.. I hurt my left wrist playing bball and I haven't been able to lift chest for a couple months. It only hurts if its bent in certain angles including pushups or bench press.
I want to buy some push up handles, I can use them without wrist pain. Should I shell out the extra $ for the rotating/perfect pushup things, or is the basic standard pushup handle basically as good?

^

Why not use a 10lb dumbbell at the gym?

Unless you mean pushups at home, its cheap so why not?

Anyone use glucosamine as a supp?

Anybody can offer me some advice on some good whey protein.

Ive been looking into ON gold standard and have heard good reviews 

It seems like the milk chocolate is the tastiest flavor. Also anyone knows how much it costs at costco

Any other tips or insight regarding whey protein would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom