STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:lol: while I definitely don't subscribe to meal timing, I don't think running on ~1400 calories for almost three years except for a few months in between at 1900-2500 can't be too good

Been slowly getting back into shape. Down about 40 pounds in 6 months. Last couple months I have been eating a lot healthier which is making a huge difference. I say all of this as I scarf down some greasy *** pizza :lol:  oh well gonna get in some cardio with a late night run. Then gonna get a little sleep wake up and hit the gym hard with my boy. He has been on my *** recently and I appreciate it so much. Sick of this beer gut!

It's sounds so cliche but it's the goddamn truth ; look good , feel good 

Congrats man, I lost 40-45lbs the past 5 months as well.

Had a cheat day yesterday as well, I was at about 2,000 calories until I went out for halloween. Drinks werent bad but had sushi, a turkey sandwich and a little bit of pan fried noodles in a span of 6 hours.

Kinda threw up the pan fried noodles though :lol:

Figured id "celebrate" weighing in at 161lbs. I started at 208 in June for reference.

What you think bros? Im at 161 from 208 but tons of midsection fat still. Skin is getting pretty loose, still have some fat in the chest area as well. Should I lose more fat (drop weight essentially) or gain muscle? Im trying to do both now but may need another route...

Had a cheat day yesterday as well, I was at about 2,000 calories until I went out for halloween. Drinks werent bad but had sushi, a turkey sandwich and a little bit of pan fried noodles in a span of 6 hours.

Kinda threw up the pan fried noodles though
laugh.gif

Figured id "celebrate" weighing in at 161lbs. I started at 208 in June for reference.

What you think bros? Im at 161 from 208 but tons of midsection fat still. Skin is getting pretty loose, still have some fat in the chest area as well. Should I lose more fat (drop weight essentially) or gain muscle? Im trying to do both now but may need another route...
Good work bruh. I'd cut some more until you get to a comfortable weight that you can you bulk at without much fat gain. Then reverse diet for a few weeks to build up your maintenance for a slow bulk.

Kinda threw up the pan fried noodles though :lol:

'

I think the opposite from the post above,
you've been dieting now for 5 months, I think it's time to slow bulk up now, give your body a break from that cut, you made tremendous progress on cutting the weight. Congratulations.

Especially this time of year though. take this time to build up a little slowly add more calories in maybe cap out around 2500 maintain that for awhile.

then cut again early spring if you feel you need to, but if you're liking your slow bulk gains then maintain that.

Keep up the good work though man.

Thanks bros.

I have bumped my calories up to around 2200-2300 cals. I used a calorie calculator and maintenance for me is around 2500-2600 calories. May maintain that and try to build slowly.

Been slowly getting back into shape. Down about 40 pounds in 6 months. Last couple months I have been eating a lot healthier which is making a huge difference. I say all of this as I scarf down some greasy *** pizza 
laugh.gif
 oh well gonna get in some cardio with a late night run. Then gonna get a little sleep wake up and hit the gym hard with my boy. He has been on my *** recently and I appreciate it so much. Sick of this beer gut!

It's sounds so cliche but it's the goddamn truth ; look good , feel good 

Kinda threw up the pan fried noodles though
laugh.gif

Thanks bud. Anyway it's funny you said that you threw up because  I did too after my run.
laugh.gif
I knew it was going to happen. Honestly I felt 100x's better after that. It was my own fault for doing that. Hit chest hard this a.m. and went insane on cardio just a while ago. I was around 245 and yesterday was right around 203. Today I weighed in at 200 even feeling pretty good about that. It's pretty crazy how quickly I see results. It makes it easier to stick with it. I am lucky in that respect. I lurk this thread but seeing you guys me motivation big time. Hope everyone had a kick *** weekend! 

Thanks bros.

I have bumped my calories up to around 2200-2300 cals. I used a calorie calculator and maintenance for me is around 2500-2600 calories. May maintain that and try to build slowly.
are you using my fitness pal to track your stuff

Hey all. Gonna join this thread. Ain't nothing like NikeTalk support. :lol:

Was off for a few months due to no gym (transferring to new school) and doing a stupid low calorie diet (was like a 1500 a day). Lost a lot of gains and became skinny fat. Wasn't huge or buff to begin with, I'm like a novice to intermediate, but still was stupid to lose that much weight that fast.

Got back in the gym 4 weeks ago. Squat ATG 155, bench 135 touch chest, DL 185, overhead press 95. :x BW 164 lbs, around 23% body fat.

Went and did a lot of fixing of my form, starting strength and eating 10% above maintenance. After so many years of trying to learn by myself I think I finally figured it out.

Overhead press still not great but I deadlifted 275 yesterday, crisp form.

Gonna squat 200, bench 165 tomorrow. Wish me luck broskis.

Was off for a few months due to no gym (transferring to new school) and doing a stupid low calorie diet (was like a 1500 a day). Lost a lot of gains and became skinny fat. Wasn't huge or buff to begin with, I'm like a novice to intermediate, but still was stupid to lose that much weight that fast.

Got back in the gym 4 weeks ago. Squat ATG 155, bench 135 touch chest, DL 185, overhead press 95. :x BW 164 lbs, around 23% body fat.

Went and did a lot of fixing of my form, starting strength and eating 10% above maintenance. After so many years of trying to learn by myself I think I finally figured it out.

Lets get her 'er done!!!!!

Last sunday's leg day i felt a SMALL pop in my left knee on the hack squat, don't think I spread my legs wide enough. However, I was able to finish the rest of the leg day (squats, DLs, leg press, calves) but felt a little nagging pain whenever my knee is over my toes. I was able to play basketball on thursday night but felt a little uneasy when planting and sprinting.

I plan on going to the doctor tomorrow, but anyone think I've just got fluid in my knee? I been icing it for the past 2 days and taken training off, but I just hope nothing serious.

I dieted around 1500-1800 calories and it worked for me too. Honestly I didnt lose too much gains, in fact I retained most of my strength. Did feel sluggish at times though. This 2000-2300 cal thing is great for me. Doing a very slow cut then will bulk. I want this six pack by the summer bros.

Thanks bud. Anyway it's funny you said that you threw up because  I did too after my run. :lol: I knew it was going to happen. Honestly I felt 100x's better after that. It was my own fault for doing that. Hit chest hard this a.m. and went insane on cardio just a while ago. I was around 245 and yesterday was right around 203. Today I weighed in at 200 even feeling pretty good about that. It's pretty crazy how quickly I see results. It makes it easier to stick with it. I am lucky in that respect. I lurk this thread but seeing you guys me motivation big time. Hope everyone had a kick *** weekend! 

Yeah congrats man, once you see progress its super easy.

I actually have before and after pics, lemme post those. Anyone know an app where I can scratch out my face though. :lol:

Lets get her 'er done!!!!!

Hah thanks fam. Squat was great. Barely got 200 3 by 5, gonna move up. Bench was eh. Gonna try again.

I dieted around 1500-1800 calories and it worked for me too. Honestly I didnt lose too much gains, in fact I retained most of my strength. Did feel sluggish at times though. This 2000-2300 cal thing is great for me. Doing a very slow cut then will bulk. I want this six pack by the summer bros.

Really great it worked for you. I guess that's just not meant for me lol. I'm gonna try bumping my caloric intake to 28-2900 because I've only gained a pound after four weeks eating at 27 but my strength has jumped. Keep us updated on your slow cut!

Back
Top Bottom