STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I have 100% no problems with straps, nor do I believe them as "cheating".

I dont like gloves though, they feel unnatural to me. I like to "feel" the weight.

btw @Al Audi thoughts on Dymatize Isolate Whey?

Last edited:
I would use straps for lifting weights but it's not the weightlifting that are killing my hands. It's all the gymnastics movements. I will try to protect my hands with gloves for a couple weeks.

I ALWAYS LOL WHEN MY CROSSFIT FRIENDS SHOW ME THEIR RIPPED CALLUSES LIKE ITS A BADHE OF HONOR

IN LIKE BRUH CONGRATS ON SHREDDING SKIN FROM KIPPING PULL UPS

CROSSFIT GIRLS THOUGHT ID RIP THEIR CALLUSES

Haha, it's going OK. Woke up at 630 to train today, and I'm about to knock out because it's my day off.

And when I wake up I think I'm finally going to the mall to see if I can find weightlifting shoes to try on anywhere, tired of snatching in Nanos.

How's your training

Last edited:
I ALWAYS LOL WHEN MY CROSSFIT FRIENDS SHOW ME THEIR RIPPED CALLUSES LIKE ITS A BADHE OF HONOR

For some cross fitters I know, their goal is to rip their calluses doing kipping. Then they show it off on Facebook. And their fb friends comment on the pic saying something along the lines of "you go girl!" or "I'm proud so proud you!".

Bruh I've been doing well on. This cut

Finally reached 100# DB press with ease.

Only issue is my hand still hurts from punching a wall last month so mobility sucks.

Lol why do you switch between all caps and regular font.

LET'S STAY CONSISTENT, BRETHREN

And congrats on the dB presses

Last edited:

For some cross fitters I know, their goal is to rip their calluses doing kipping. Then they show it off on Facebook. And their fb friends comment on the pic saying something along the lines of "you go girl!" or "I'm proud so proud you!".

As a crossfitter, that's something I'll never understand. Lol

Straps for me don't reduce callouses. I only use straps to keep a grip on the bar, and such. I still have callouses regardless.

Working out is easy for me, but the diet portion is killing me man. I LOVE food!

Hard to stay on track when everyone around me is eating nice :frown:

you cant compare aminos to whey, aminos have no protein which is the whole point of whey
laugh.gif
Not sure if srs.

Sorry for the incorrect usage of words. I just wanted to start getting into better shape and working out..

What I meant previously by a workout plan is, can someone help me get a 7 day schedule for different parts of the body. I'm not sure which body parts should be done together or not cause I have heard that it's bad to do the same body parts in a row.

Natural Grips have been doing the trick as of late.

Bar Muscle Ups, Muscle Ups, Toes to Bar do the most damage. Deadlifts as well.

Hand maintenance. I have a box cutter at my desk, take the blade out and "shave" the dead skin. No ripped hands. :smile:

Sorry for the incorrect usage of words. I just wanted to start getting into better shape and working out..

What I meant previously by a workout plan is, can someone help me get a 7 day schedule for different parts of the body. I'm not sure which body parts should be done together or not cause I have heard that it's bad to do the same body parts in a row.
I stand by my previous suggestion of a 5x5. Especially if you're a beginner.

And a 7 day split is way too intense. No need for that.

There's a common misconception with Starting Strength. A lot of dudes think they won't get big if they're doing mainly compounds. They're not doing curls so their arms aren't gonna grow, etc.

Working out is easy for me, but the diet portion is killing me man. I LOVE food!

Hard to stay on track when everyone around me is eating nice
frown.gif
Its hard but its only hard at the beginning. Whether its going out or cooking, the more times you choose it eat healthy the easier it will be. A cheat meal is acceptable every once and a while as well.

you cant compare aminos to whey, aminos have no protein which is the whole point of whey
laugh.gif
Not sure if srs.
I must have missed that post the first time i read it. Funny stuff

Well, he's technically right in that there's no protein in amino supps.....

Can't open up a can of beans with your hands using straps...

That's nasty. I hope there's some protocol for you crossfitters that you must disinfect the bar after using it and ripping your callous.

I catch myself picking callouses with my nails. No where near as bad as some of you guys. I don't normally do cleans or anything involving rotating a barbell in my hand, so I'm sure that helps.

Last edited:
Well, he's technically right in that there's no protein in amino supps.....
That's nasty. I hope there's some protocol for you crossfitters that you must disinfect the bar after using it and ripping your callous.

I catch myself picking callouses with my nails. No where near as bad as some of you guys. I don't normally do cleans or anything involving rotating a barbell in my hand, so I'm sure that helps.

I don't crossfit..

I have athletic tape in my bag that I use for any cuts.

Back
Top Bottom