STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Whats a good mass - bulk powder to take? Currently only taking ON Whey, but I want to add some bulk.

eat more.

if you must supplement...casein before bed is good. and there's weight gainers as well, but most contain a lot of unnecessary fats.

so that brings me back to just...

eat more.

Idk bruh, under 10% bf but have a gut? Your probably around 14-18 bf man. I know dudes with clear abs showing and there still at about 13% bf.

Thats what I thought, but then I get it measured (multiple occasions over a period of time to ensure accuracy) and consistently got 9.5-9.7. It's not so much a gut but just a layer of fat that won't allow any definition to show. I'll post pics later tonight to show yall what I mean

how are you getting measured? calipers are inaccurate. If you 10% you should be seeing abs

Idk bruh, under 10% bf but have a gut? Your probably around 14-18 bf man. I know dudes with clear abs showing and there still at about 13% bf.
Thats what I thought, but then I get it measured (multiple occasions over a period of time to ensure accuracy) and consistently got 9.5-9.7. It's not so much a gut but just a layer of fat that won't allow any definition to show. I'll post pics later tonight to show yall what I mean
how are you getting measured? calipers are inaccurate. If you 10% you should be seeing abs
Yea, at 10%...his abs should not only be showing, but have some good definition.  Maybe after getting measured with the calipers, you miss calculated.

Damn and you were able to scare down that many eggs with no bread?! lol. That's taboo in my culture.

I'm so lost with diet.. Every couple days I'm on to something new. :[

iLLest!

Lol this is my problem with eggs too.. cant eat them without any bread!! I'm Iranian/Chilean so bread is big :lol: .. You middle eastern :nerd:

Seems like people need to remember that supplements are just that, supplements. They cannot replace whole foods

Last edited:

Yea, at 10%...his abs should not only be showing, but have some good definition.  Maybe after getting measured with the calipers, you miss calculated.

well thats not for everyone but 10% you should be seeing abs, some people are ripped at 10% some arent but regardless you shouldnt have too much fat over your abs. Lower stomach yes, over the actually abs? nah

This Intermittent Fasting is working great for me so far. Dropped 4 lbs in about 5 days. Working out 5 days a week with cardio on all 5 days, 2 days rest. Seeing great results so far.

I feel you fam, it was done by a trainer with calipers and a bodpod
Yeah bro calipers are more of a ****** guesstimate to be honest, if you want the most accurate reading, you'll have to get underwater composition test done, which is expensive I've heard. Even if the calipers are off 3 points, you still only have 5-7, maybe 10 lbs at the most to get to 10%, which shouldn't take too long if your strict with your diet. 

doing chest later today. looking forward to absolutely killing every last muscle fiber in there. Lots of incline and decline movements, the only flat exercise I really do for chest is flys...you can go super deep without putting unnecessary stress on the shoulders. I'm going to destroy it.

that's my routine exactly... I go super heavy on the incline, lot of decline movements in push up format, and then use my flat for flies while using equipment that let's me get that super deep stretch... that next day feeling after shredding you chest = comfortable pain :smokin

i been slacking. worked out only twice last week. this week im gonna go 5 days. mon - wed. fri n sat.

urghh

i hope the gym is empty today cuz the MNF game. since im in boston. it better be dead.

Yeah bro calipers are more of a ****** guesstimate to be honest, if you want the most accurate reading, you'll have to get underwater composition test done, which is expensive I've heard. Even if the calipers are off 3 points, you still only have 5-7, maybe 10 lbs at the most to get to 10%, which shouldn't take too long if your strict with your diet. 
Yeah I feel you fam. My goal is just to get shredded. I know I got a long way to go but I am not at my desired size yet. I'm currently on a bulk right now but I think I might do a 1-2 week cut just to shed a few pounds. Then start again on a clean bulk in the new year. Here are some pics. the sub 10% probably wasn't too accurate. Now that I look at pics, it looks more like in the 11-12 range. Either way, that's good news for me because it gives me something to work toward. 

Never mind the dirty *** mirror lol. I'm 5'9"-5'10" 178 lbs as of today. It's weird because I'm not huge and thats a pretty high weight for my height. Guess I just have denser muscle

Yeah I feel you fam. My goal is just to get shredded. I know I got a long way to go but I am not at my desired size yet. I'm currently on a bulk right now but I think I might do a 1-2 week cut just to shed a few pounds. Then start again on a clean bulk in the new year. Here are some pics. the sub 10% probably wasn't too accurate. Now that I look at pics, it looks more like in the 11-12 range. Either way, that's good news for me because it gives me something to work toward. 

Never mind the dirty *** mirror lol. I'm 5'9"-5'10" 178 lbs as of today. It's weird because I'm not huge and thats a pretty high weight for my height. Guess I just have denser muscle
Yeah bro your right around 12 I would say, i'm about an inch shorter then you at 180 and around 14% from comparing myself to you. But at sub 10 you will be cut up for sure.

bout 15%

you should NOT be cutting IMO

whats your goal? to get bigger? :nerd:

Starting Strength/5x5 routine
For meals, stick to 3 big meals with a small snack/meal in between them. You're big meal should consist of a protein (chicken, fish, steak, etc), a carb (brown rice, wheat pasta, lentils) and veggies (i usually go with the frozen bags, really easy to make). If you hit those things in your main meals, i guarantee you you will see major gains.

Thanks for the reply. I read up a little more on the 5 x 5 workout and it mentioned not jumping into it if you are a beginner. Should I start with something else for a couple of weeks until I get into the swing of lifting? Just wondering if you started out with this same workout and how your results were.

you should NOT be cutting IMO
whats your goal? to get bigger?
nerd.gif
My goal is to get bigger but to be real lean. Like Brad Pitt in fight club steez

I was going to do a small cut before I bulk again. I feel like shedding some fat and giving my body a change of pace will be good. I've been bulking since early summer and put on around 18 pounds. 

This is about the size I wanna get too but a bit more leaner. He's 6'1" 165 lbs in this photo. 

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I read up a little more on the 5 x 5 workout and it mentioned not jumping into it if you are a beginner. Should I start with something else for a couple of weeks until I get into the swing of lifting? Just wondering if you started out with this same workout and how your results were.
I got VERY strong VERY quick with starting strength 5x5. It is the most widely recommended beginner program. All compound lifts, emphasizes form, and gives a strong foundation to work from. My bench went from like below 100 to 175ish in a couple months. I went from 140 to 155-160 during that time period.

If you guys are looking for a good Pre workout mix I seriously suggest trying Craze Performance Fuel by Driven Sports. I've only been lifting weights for a couple of months but I just had the absolute best workout to date. The energy it gave was almost euphoric. It was awesome!

There's no excuses man, if you want to get into shape, eat right.
It takes no more than 20 minutes to cook some chicken breasts, microwave some frozen spinach etc.

Its crappy excuse but I work an odd schedule so I'm always on the run. I'll eat healthy and bring food from home for like 3 days and then one or two days I'll just be real short on time and eat bad.

Whats eating real bad? What do u eat thats so bad? Just stop eating bad.

http://www.swole.me

make yourself a meal plan. i posted this last page. hit "not sure?" when u see it.

And yes its a terrible excuse. Wake up earlier. Go to sleep earlier. Do it the night b4 you go to bed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom