STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I left it at work but I'm trying to remember it cuz I got like 4-5 catalogs. That's the one with the adjustable db's in the middle of the floor and a turf area off to the side?

You right. Whatever the case, an assessment that includes resting heart rate just provides a better picture about the person.

I used to have a high heart rate when I used to dump salt on all my food and ate McDonalds every week. Something like 140. Now I'm at like 85 resting.
85 is sort of a high resting heart rate.140 would be off the charts lol

A true resting heart rate is right when you wake up, before your feet touch the floor. 

Last edited:
It was a weird time.

But that's interesting, though I don't know any trainer or licensed professional that asks their clients or patients to take their waking heart rate and use that as the "resting" heart rate when trying to figure out stuff like 70% intensity heart rate. I actually don't really think anyone thinks about it that way when speaking about resting heart rate. But it's something I might consider thinking about.

I left it at work but I'm trying to remember it cuz I got like 4-5 catalogs. That's the one with the adjustable db's in the middle of the floor and a turf area off to the side?

Not sure. I just know were on the cover of the latest Perform Better and are one of the months in their 2014 calendar.

In progress of a pretty major cut.

I skyrocketed up to 275 lbs and I'm 6'5"
Been eating cleaner and drinking lots of water mixed in with cardio and I'm down to 265 lbs. already.

It sucks because I just got up to repping 315 on BP and I know I'm gonna have to sacrifice some strength.
But I need to get more lean and my goal is to cut down to 245.

Any tips on diet or high rep routines that can help me still maintain yet cut?

It was a weird time.

But that's interesting, though I don't know any trainer or licensed professional that asks their clients or patients to take their waking heart rate and use that as the "resting" heart rate when trying to figure out stuff like 70% intensity heart rate. I actually don't really think anyone thinks about it that way when speaking about resting heart rate. But it's something I might consider thinking about.
lol why is it called resting heart rate then? Strong sarcasm sensed.

I was taught/told that if you wait till later in the day that there are other factors that could cause it to be higher then normal, ie stress or excitement, drinking caffeine.

Either way I think a healthy number would be around 70.

In progress of a pretty major cut.

I skyrocketed up to 275 lbs and I'm 6'5"
Been eating cleaner and drinking lots of water mixed in with cardio and I'm down to 265 lbs. already.

It sucks because I just got up to repping 315 on BP and I know I'm gonna have to sacrifice some strength.
But I need to get more lean and my goal is to cut down to 245.

Any tips on diet or high rep routines that can help me still maintain yet cut?
Why a high rep routine? I'd avoid overdoing volume while cutting.

lol why is it called resting heart rate then? Strong sarcasm sensed.

I was taught/told that if you wait till later in the day that there are other factors that could cause it to be higher then normal, ie stress or excitement, drinking caffeine.

Either way I think a healthy number would be around 70.

I'm just saying I've never been to the doctor for a check up and been asked my heart rate. They always take it. The reading they get just is the resting heart rate.

Of course in absolute terms our resting heart rate would be our sleeping heart rate. But no ones around to take that. A trainer would just take your pre-workout heart rate, given a few minutes rest and deep breathes, as a more practical resting heart rate.

But to ask people to take their waking rate is something I really might consider just because as you said it would be interesting to have the real deal as as a referent.

Did legs today, and finally decided that I'll cut for a brief time this year.

Going to start the transition to cutting phase next week. I figure I'll be in a deficit by mid-February. I'll cut through the end of April, and work my way back to maintenance.

Going to start the transition to cutting phase next week. I figure I'll be in a deficit by mid-February. I'll cut through the end of April, and work my way back to maintenance.
Care to elaborate on the reasons why you want to do this?

I think I'll accumulate too much fat even if I lean bulk for another straight year.

I'll lean out, get myself back to maintenance, and by August, I'll start bulking. This recent bulk phase was my first, so I've made mistakes. I plan to execute the next one better.

I think I'll accumulate too much fat even if I lean bulk for another straight year.

I'll lean out, get myself back to maintenance, and by August, I'll start bulking. This recent bulk phase was my first, so I've made mistakes. I plan to execute the next one better.
Why not just be at maintenance until august and forget about cutting?

Why not just be at maintenance until august and forget about cutting?

I've already accumulated some fat. I was a bit sloppy with this bulk. Undo my mistakes, and use gained knowledge to have a better bulk.

Can anyone here go a few days without working out? I think the most that I went was about 4 days and it drove me nuts. Made me feel like a slob or a couch potato. I was doing the rest a few days every 8-10 weeks of routinely working out then.

I went on a weekend getaway. Hit the gym late Friday night, and left for the destination. Ate lots of yummy foods, which really means they're not healthy, throughout Saturday and today. Did my 2 hour session at the gym tonight, came home to eat a clean/healthy dinner...feeling good mentally.

I know there are some hardcore folks on here who are really focused on the macro so that's why I ask.

Tell me about it.

Haven't been able to put in an actual training session in 5 weeks. Just started hitting the local rec center and doing a couple things but can'd really stand or force my leg to support a bunch of weight. It sucks. But it's more of a mental anquish kind of thing. It's not like I've shriveled up into a raisin. I'm going to assume you haven't either since you still have hands to type that post. Raisins can't type. Just take it one day at a time and realize each day had a goal (rest, training, recreation) and appreciate it for the happiness it helped you attain to make getting to tomorrow a little bit easier.

About to go overseas for a 3.5 week holiday. Won't be able to work out there, hoping I won't binge on food there.

Back
Top Bottom