STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Okay :lol: I took 4 pics and 2 were a bit blurry. I'll post one of the blurry one tonight and pepper my feels.

Yesterday, I did chest & tries. I was able to get 85lbs dumbell x 7 on the flat bench on the 3rd set. I shooting for 100lbs by March.

nice, how much do you weigh

since i've been following this thread, i haven't seen anyone really get teased about their physique after they posted their pic - maybe some lightweight jabs about other stuff. most guys on here will give pretty good advice if you state your goals and describe your routine/nutrition.

I was coming in to say the EXACT same thing....

you may get teased for how many selfies you post, but never for what you look like

But not getting enough rest and poor nutrition are factors of overtraining. Its not like theyre separate things. One falls under the umbrella of the other. If someone isnt getting enough rest and doesnt eat well while still working out at a high intensity, theyre likely approaching overtraining.

Im not saying the majority of people overtrain, because most people undertrain. However, the idea that overtraining is a myth or occurs in a small percentage of people isnt right.

You cant compare professional athletes to the average joe though. Thats apples to oranges.

They aren't factors of overtraining if the individual doesn't know the importance of sleep or proper nutrition.

I don't see the correlation between not getting enough sleep and proper nutrition as the result of overtraining. I was stating the opposite. 

Basically whatever you do in the gym will not be the reason you are overtraining. Its lack of sleep or proper nutrition, not overtraining. 

I have no idea what you mean by under train lol elaborate for me

Yeah I know you were stating the opposite. I wasnt trying to say that overtraining can result in poor sleep/nutrition. (A weak case can be made for sleep but not nutrition) Im saying that poor sleep and nutrition are pieces of the "overtaining" pie. Not eating well and not sleeping enough but still maintaining the same workload (or even more) can make someone overtrained. Theyre not mutually exclusive.

Does that make sense?

since i've been following this thread, i haven't seen anyone really get teased about their physique after they posted their pic - maybe some lightweight jabs about other stuff. most guys on here will give pretty good advice if you state your goals and describe your routine/nutrition.

I was coming in to say the EXACT same thing....

you may get teased for how many selfies you post, but never for what you look like

This is really true. With all the hate a certain someone got for the number of pictures posted, I cant ever recall someone knocking what the picture was.

ok to squat in flyknit trainers or roshe's?
I wouldnt. For a quick, cheap option besides barefoot, cop some chucks and squat/deadlift in those. Now if you want to spend some money on real olympic shoes then I suggest Romaleos or Adidas.
Just started my new routine.

Push/pull.

Let's see how my body like this.
I think youll like it. The frequency is what drew me to it.

Last edited:
Yeah I know you were stating the opposite. I wasnt trying to say that overtraining can result in poor sleep/nutrition. (A weak case can be made for sleep but not nutrition) Im saying that poor sleep and nutrition are pieces of the "overtaining" pie. Not eating well and not sleeping enough but still maintaining the same workload (or even more) can make someone overtrained. Theyre not mutually exclusive.

Does that make sense?
Yeah I see where your coming from. But what about under training? You saying people dont really push themselves like they think? Cause I agree with that.

LOL U GUYS ACTUALLY MISS ME WHEN I TYPE LIKE THIS.

ANYWAY. SHOULDERS FEEL GOOD AFTER I SLEPT.

DEPENDING ON IF I TRAIN W MY BUDDY TONIGHT I MAY HIT EITHER CHEST OR BACK.

Finishing up my normal hodge-podge routine this week then starting 5x5 Strength on Monday.  Plan on documenting my results on NT if you guys don't mind, so I am posting my before pictures below.  lol@ you guys wondering if you should post your gym selfie, while I'm over here posting my fat self without any damns...maybe these pics will help with your confidence :lol:

Let's get it playboy. You got the perfect starter build to see the results of strength training.

Those of you who wear bluetooth headphones in the gym, what do you do with your device (phone/ipod) just leave it in your pocket or still strap it your arm or leg?

Pocket since I track my workouts in my phone. Too much of a hassle pulling it of a strap and back in.

power snatches, work in progress, need to work on my landing...

115lbs

Last edited:
power snatches, work in progress, need to work on my landing...

115lbs
going back to square one with oly lifting was one the best gym decisions ive made. ive made more progress in the past 8 months with an oly lifting type training program as opposed to having chest or back days 

You can but I would not do it. Go barefoot/socks. I wear vibram shoes and I'm looking to buy olympic shoes down the line.
I bought me some MDUSA Do-Wins for squats and O lifts and it was one of my best decisions ever. Makes squatting much more stable. 

Back
Top Bottom