STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Only reason I ask is I see chains around neck to promote the forward lean in dips (chest focus), whereas belted dips don't (tricep focus). Why not just use plates or dbs if you are only doing belted?

No shots fired btw, I'm 100% curious.

No shots taken brother.

I did a lot of chest focus earlier in my workout.

I do a chest/ tri day.

These weighted chained dips are for tricep focus after my barbell bench routines I do.

I get low enough that the chains catch on the ground - Lessening the weight, and upon locking out, the weight increases.

Only reason I ask is I see chains around neck to promote the forward lean in dips (chest focus), whereas belted dips don't (tricep focus). Why not just use plates or dbs if you are only doing belted?

No shots fired btw, I'm 100% curious.

No shots taken brother.

I did a lot of chest focus earlier in my workout.

I do a chest/ tri day.

These weighted chained dips are for tricep focus after my barbell bench routines I do.

I get low enough that the chains catch on the ground - Lessening the weight, and upon locking out, the weight increases.

Ah, makes sense! Pretty bawse either way.

Makes me miss my dip belt, forgot it at the gym one day and it was never to be seen again...

:nerd:

Yeah man...

I've "lost" a pair of wireless plantronics headphones.

And a weight belt....

Every time I see someone with those headphones I get pissed and want to rip them off their head lol...

Man I love the feel of the raw bar on my back.

:smokin

Try hack squats on a machine?

Try to avoid machines...at all cost.

As far as pain, not much to say but suck it up. Otherwise, you can try front squatting, but that targets different muscles. Have you tried overhead squat? Obviously you will not be able to do as much weight, but it targets the same muscles along with involving your core. It's a ***** to get it, but when you do, :smokin

yea that's what I'm thinking man. I wish I knew what the problem was. I have the bar low enough. shrugs. It's fine until I start getting up there in weight. anything under 380ish I dont even feel it. was doing reps with 425 the other day and my legs were fine, it was the bar what was giving me the most trouble smh. I'll just suck it up I guess. yea I'm straight on the smith machine. I tried to used it the other day for calve work...it was awful. such an unnatural feel. ez pass.

Twice a week? Keep playing ball dude. Thats not hindering your progress at all.

Id be careful with the "chest up" cue. Sometimes the idea of chest up can be over-exaggerated and thatll cause the lumbar region to overextend. As long as the chest up cue makes you not flex your spine then youre good.

Bar placement has some factor into depth, but id say that stance width and muscular control play a larger role. Bar placement will affect the degree of torso incline which alters the muscles that act as primary movers.
Yeah thats what I thought, It helps me stay at this weight too so Im not stopping.

Chest up is me just trying to keep my shoulder blades contracted and keep my core tight when Im using heavier weights.

Im about to order my book for CSCS, you have any tips? It looks to be the most expensive one out of the group. Some are a joke it seems like where its basically an open book test lol

Ok yeah, they are a ton of cues that people use in regards to form and as long as the end product is a properly done movement, theyre all useful.

The Essentials book? I have it and it was a requirement in grad school. Its alright, the exercise portion of it is meh. Some of the chapters are really good.

The NSCA and ACSM are widely regarded as the two best certification routes. It depends on what you want to do really. What jobs have you been looking at?

BigBoss, I have pdfs of all three CSCS practice exams plus the Secrets to the CSCS packet.  Shoot me a pm if you want em.

Id actually be curious at taking a look at them too.

Ok yeah, they are a ton of cues that people use in regards to form and as long as the end product is a properly done movement, theyre all useful.

The Essentials book? I have it and it was a requirement in grad school. Its alright, the exercise portion of it is meh. Some of the chapters are really good.

The NSCA and ACSM are widely regarded as the two best certification routes. It depends on what you want to do really. What jobs have you been looking at?
Well the same trainer at my gym recommended the CSCS personal training one, its the only one from them I can get because I do not have a degree.

It seems like it is the most expensive out of the bunch. I guess I should look at those 2 a little more. I honestly just like the sound of CSCS more because it has strength in the tittle lol

I just want to help people get strong as ****, I really don't want to work with grandmas and overweight moms all the time but whatever pays the bills is what Ill do. I just want to help people reach their goals and really enjoy what Im doing. 

Last edited:

Well the same trainer at my gym recommended the CSCS personal training one, its the only one from them I can get because I do not have a degree.

It seems like it is the most expensive out of the bunch. I guess I should look at those 2 a little more. I honestly just like the sound of CSCS more because it has strength in the tittle lol

I just want to help people get strong as ****, I really don't want to work with grandmas and overweight moms all the time but whatever pays the bills is what Ill do. I just want to help people reach their goals and really enjoy what Im doing. 

Yeah, go the NSCA route.

Supposed to be my rest day, but Ima hit back and core.

Only doing 3 exercises for back: Pull ups, Seated Rows, and Lat Pulldown.

Just going to a lot of sets for pull ups with variations.

Yeah, go the NSCA route.
Good looks bro.

No problem. Its not the kind of test you can half-*** either. From everyone ive talked to, its a ***** to take.

Doing some testing this week. I havent done any 1RMs in a long time so im doing some pre testing this week and will post test in a few months. Ill make a post at the end of the week with what i came up with.

No problem. Its not the kind of test you can half-*** either. From everyone ive talked to, its a ***** to take.

Doing some testing this week. I havent done any 1RMs in a long time so im doing some pre testing this week and will post test in a few months. Ill make a post at the end of the week with what i came up with.
I just tested my 1RM on squat a few weeks ago, haven't really tested any other ones yet. I think I could have squeezed out a few more pounds on it though but didn't want to push it. I like to leave a rep in the tank sometimes personally.

Last edited:
How often do u guys go up in your lifts?...I add 5 pounds a week tryna get back to benching 225 18x
I try to make progress each week. It varies for the lift though, like squat will be easier to add then bench in m opinion.

But the main factor is the time you've been lifting. People that are new to the gym can add more weight quicker then someone that has been lifting for awhile. I heard Brandon Lilly say in a vid that it took him over a year just to add 5 pounds on his dead lift. 

What's the consensus on weighted dips? Read that it can destroy your shoulder.

I like doing it with a 45lbs dumbbell between my legs 3x15 regardless

Back
Top Bottom