Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

My first FULL week off of lifting in a lonnnggg time.  I dont even remember the last time I took 7 days off in a row.

Ive got too many injuries.  I need to heal.  Strained rhomboid, strained wrist flexors on right wrist, sore left shoulder and still recovering from both ankle injuries. 
smh.gif

One more week of a lot of free time, then graduate school begins. 
eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Taking 1-week off in a row is almost impossible when you are hooked
laugh.gif
. I've tried doing this several times this year and have ended up taking no more than 3-days off in a row on only 1 occasion
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

My first FULL week off of lifting in a lonnnggg time.  I dont even remember the last time I took 7 days off in a row.

Ive got too many injuries.  I need to heal.  Strained rhomboid, strained wrist flexors on right wrist, sore left shoulder and still recovering from both ankle injuries. 
smh.gif

One more week of a lot of free time, then graduate school begins. 
eyes.gif
pimp.gif
Taking 1-week off in a row is almost impossible when you are hooked
laugh.gif
. I've tried doing this several times this year and have ended up taking no more than 3-days off in a row on only 1 occasion
smh.gif

Trying to figure out some new exercises to throw in.. I haven't switched my routines up much in the past few months. I keep gaining in my lifts, but figure I need to so some different lifts.

Most sets I go for 10-12 Reps
Chest/Tri Day
-Flat Bench X 4/5 (I start with 185 X 12, 225 X 12, 255 X 10, 285 X 5) All Depends if I have a spotter or not if I go for more reps on the heavier weight
-Incline X 3
-Flat Dumbbell X 3
-Flys X 3
-Skull Crushers X 3
-Dips 12-15 X 3
-Tricep Press downs X 3

Back/Bi Day
-Deadlift X 5
-Pull ups X 3
-Lat Pull Downs X 3
-Rows X 3
-Upright Rows X 3
-Lawn Mowers X 3
-Straight Bar Curls X 4
-Preacher Curls X 3
-Hammer Curls X 3

Shoulder Day
-Military Press X 4
-Military Dumbbell X 3
-Shoulder Flys (Super Set to front raises) X 3
-Shrugs X 4
Tricep exercises again from Chest day

My leg routine is different every week, my knee has been bothering me a lot so haven't been squatting much.

I go about 4/5 days a week, more so 5 now and just switch it up. What do you guys do?

Alright yall....How do you make oatmeal? Never had it in my life, stuff looks nasty but willing to give it a try.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Read the directions on the package.

roll.gif

Oatmeal isn't bad at all..

That is easily the worst part of my workouts... my diet is AWFUL

My diet consists of cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwichs, and sometimes I go out to Bdubs and get wings.. usually about one a week. If I had a good diet, I'd be way better off.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Your diet is 75% of the results and progress.

Where did you come up with that statistic? I can't see that being realistic at all. I've only been going to the gym hard for the last 14 weeks or so and have had major gains. I'm doing more than what I did years ago when I was pretty consistently in the gym. And as said I don't have the greatest diet.

Did my arms Monday that whole day it felt like I was flexing *#!# didn't feel good but not bad at the same time

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Your diet is 75% of the results and progress.

Where did you come up with that statistic? I can't see that being realistic at all. I've only been going to the gym hard for the last 14 weeks or so and have had major gains. I'm doing more than what I did years ago when I was pretty consistently in the gym. And as said I don't have the greatest diet.
It is easily 75%.
Cutting can be done with a strict diet and almost no exercise.
Muscles cannot grow without the right macros.

someone help me on my last post about carbs and MRPs

Did my arms Monday that whole day it felt like I was flexing #@@! didn't feel good but not bad at the same time

anybody hit an area twice a week?

dont remember who said it but im gonna do shoulders twice a week ill put that as my area of focus that is lagging.

i had a serious shoulder day an i feel that should be higher. good looks

i think chest and and shoulders will be done 2xs a week

2 heavy shoulder days 1 heavy chest day 1 light chest day.

i might do them on the same day im thinking tomorrow........heavy shoulder with light chest.

lol Brett i like how you eat, i dont have time to get fancy an super culinary i eat for function.

yea oatmeal is real easy to make just follow directions man.......i eat that plain

right now i eat  quick cooking irish oatmeal it comes out great in the microwave so quick and easy.

2 eggs and down egg whites, great way to start the day.

Diet is a good 80% but let's not forget how important sleep is. I try my best, I'm guilty of lack of sleep sometimes myself. 24hrs is just not enough for a day the way we live these days. If you see me postin on here real late do me a favor an tell me take my ••• to bed.

^ rippetoes and most strength routines are based on doing squats 3 times a week, so I dont see anything wrong with it if you do 1 shoulder day at the beginning and the other towards the end, but I could be wrong.

I think I might want to put on some extra weight. I feel myself getting slimmer and folks have been telling me this. I haven't loss any muscle definition but maybe I am not eating enough. I eat frequently, but maybe I am not getting enough calories. I usually get in 5 meals/mini-meals per day. Can someone help me out? Currently I was tested to be at 10.8% Body Fat. I want to lower that as well.

Few questions:

1. Would it be ok if I drank a little coffee before my workouts? How often can I do this without the negative effects of too much caffeine kicking in? Or can I just suck on some coffee beans (NH).?

2. I want a Blueberry muffin right now for breakfast. It is sitting in the kitchen at my job. Since I am trying to put on weight, is this something I should allow myself to eat?

3. I don't take any supplements. I don't want to because, well we talked about that before. What should I be eating/avoiding to pack on some pounds. SHould breakfast be huge, lunch (which will serve as my post-game meal), dinner not be that large?

Help me out here all.

Are Instant flavored Oatmeal from Quakers really that bad?

I tried the original plain and I end up adding a teaspoon of sugar cuz it tastes so bad.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think I might want to put on some extra weight. I feel myself getting slimmer and folks have been telling me this. I haven't loss any muscle definition but maybe I am not eating enough. I eat frequently, but maybe I am not getting enough calories. I usually get in 5 meals/mini-meals per day. Can someone help me out? Currently I was tested to be at 10.8% Body Fat. I want to lower that as well.

Few questions:

1. Would it be ok if I drank a little coffee before my workouts? How often can I do this without the negative effects of too much caffeine kicking in? Or can I just suck on some coffee beans (NH).?

2. I want a Blueberry muffin right now for breakfast. It is sitting in the kitchen at my job. Since I am trying to put on weight, is this something I should allow myself to eat?

3. I don't take any supplements. I don't want to because, well we talked about that before. What should I be eating/avoiding to pack on some pounds. SHould breakfast be huge, lunch (which will serve as my post-game meal), dinner not be that large?

Help me out here all.
I'm still trying to dial alot of these in as well. Coffee is probably the best pre workout. Cheap, little to no negatives and numerous health benefits. The caffeine will really help pick you up.
You are allowed to eat the muffin. Especially since it is morning. The carbohydrates will give you energy and burn off throughout the day. I highly recommend eating whole grain muffins though, as they are slower digesting (complex carbs).

Eat balanced throughout the day. Make sure you get enough carbs, but try to fine tune the intake relative to your level of activity for that day. Too many carbs will result in water weight, if I'm not mistaken.

SMH I've been cutting up for a month and running, and I honestly did gain some progress, but last month when I was bulking I definitely looked bigger. Should I start eating more? I feel like I just wasted my time lifting and gaining because I look exactly the same I did 3 months ago...

Originally Posted by Al Audi

dont remember who said it but im gonna do shoulders twice a week ill put that as my area of focus that is lagging.

i might do them on the same day im thinking tomorrow........heavy shoulder with light chest.

lol Brett i like how you eat, i dont have time to get fancy an super culinary i eat for function.

yea oatmeal is real easy to make just follow directions man.......i eat that plain

right now i eat  quick cooking irish oatmeal it comes out great in the microwave so quick and easy.

I usually will end up hitting something twice a week. My routine is so out of order... my work schedule is completely inconsistent, so I go to the gym whenever I'm able to. Try to go 5 days a week and usually end up skipping the weekend. I did Back monday, and am going to do back today, but will probably do shoulders this monday
roll.gif

Also on my shoulder day at the end I do 3 sets of flat bench, and on bench day at the end I'll do 3 sets of shoulder press. Considering you use your shoulders when you bench and vice versa. Benching after an intense shoulder workout is
laugh.gif
, you'll have way less weight than what you usually use but it feels so tough to do.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I typically hit every muscle group twice a week.

I've done routines where you hit every part twice a week, I meant more for just ur weak points. Btw those routines were great for mass building. Bigger Beyond Belief is a popular program that follows that concept.

Back
Top Bottom