Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Diet is a good 86% percent of what it takes to be in good shape (give or take a percentage point or two).

Anyone ever have tightness in the bicep area from doing bench or dumbbell flys? Also got a sore left wrist today. Weak.

yeah ive been hitting biceps twice a week (flame suit on)

they lag so hard for me i dunno why i do weighted chins hammer curls straight bar curls all kinds of @#%+ not to mention back stuff like rows yet they just laugh at me and stay tiny

so im throwing in bicep stuff during shoulder day supersetted with the lighter lateral/front raise type stuff at the end of the workout

What does everybody use for cooking oil?

I use Pam cooking spray but I keep hearing that the nutritional facts are VERY misleading.

SMH

If im trying to loose fat but also lifting heavy, how many carbs should I go for? Some places I read only in the morning and after the workout is that too little?

What about Quaker Instant Oatmeal in Brown Sugar and Apple/Cinnamon?

I absolutely despise original flavor and end up adding a teaspoon of sugar to flavor.

Are these flavored oatmeal that bad for u?

What's good NT fam. Recently I started going heavier first set and working my lighter down set's. It's been great, feeling like I've been gaining more. Feels good to shock the body once in a while. Just need to add some variety to my actual excercises though. Just started taking some MMA classes as well, but I really need to work on my flexibility.

I rarely hit a muscle group twice a week unless I'm laggin that area. Techinically I hit tri's twice a week. Right now I'm doing three days weights and every day I get a good 30 mins of light to heavy cardio. Back/bi's, chest/tri's, leg's/shoulder's.

Nt, what kinda preworkout sups are you guys using? My white flood ran out and it was OK, but there are not much PreWO's out there that don't contain creatine. Don't need creatine for another 3 months, but I can't wait to start pounding down that superpump250 again. Any suggestions on some good PreWO's that do not contain creatine? Also started taking some waxy maize starch with my post workout shakes. I don't really notice a difference, but I haven't really been paying attention.

olive oil when cooked at "cooking" temps is no different from the other oils...at least from what i read... and another, the "pam" stuff being misleading as to do with how small a serving of pam is...a one second spray is less than a 1/2 gram of fat so it can be labeled fat free.

Im goin off memory tho...

can anyone recommend good pills for muscle building? powder isn't an option..all those shakes taste horrible to me..

Originally Posted by KRS87

What are the most effective forms of cardio aside from running?
Swimming.

@Dcpiper, honestly you gotta drink that @%@. It's part of the game really. You have to get protein after you work-out otherwise your not gonna see anything. You could always just eat hella. But to answer your question, I guess you could try... USP Labs prime, Usp Labs Pink magic, try some test booster. Experiment.

And to all you dudes who hate eating oatmeal you can go buy some frozen blueberries, pop them in your oatmeal they'll cool it down and frozen blueberries are just bomb.
You can also buy this
41QaXItEQfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That #%@# right there is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Only like 30 calories in a 1/4 cup. You can burn that droppin a deuce

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Are Instant flavored Oatmeal from Quakers really that bad?

I tried the original plain and I end up adding a teaspoon of sugar cuz it tastes so bad.
For a while they are. I used to put like vanilla powder added like 130 calories though.
sick.gif
Just eat it plain and you'll get used to it. OR add peanut butter tastes really good IMO. But I don't do it too often because I don't like cooking.
Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Diet is a good 86% percent of what it takes to be in good shape (give or take a percentage point or two).

Anyone ever have tightness in the bicep area from doing bench or dumbbell flys? Also got a sore left wrist today. Weak.

eek.gif
86%? Are we talking physique or just well being? Yeah, I get that all the time when I do flys, it feels good. I feel your pain been having back problems for a couple weeks now.
smh.gif

Summer's coming to an end and how much have you guys lost? So far I've lost 25 lbs. I haven't been working out consistently for a couple weeks now. Since I messed up my back.
smh.gif
Need to get on the ball.
Originally Posted by KRS87

What are the most effective forms of cardio aside from running?

Jump roping or HIIT/interval workouts: stuff like prison pushups, chataranga run(google), x jumps, pushup jacks, jumping jack squats, jump squats, or sprint in place to plank run.

I mix a scoop or so of chocolate whey into my regular, old-fashioned water and oatmeal. Been my breakfast for the past month or so. Tastes fine to me. I don't think I've ever had oatmeal with milk.

HEY YOU GUYS WANT TO KNOW A SECRET????????????????????????????????????

www.dpsnutrition.com

SHOP THERE! You will thank me later. Cheapest supplement prices ever. Don't ever waste your money at a GNC unless you really really have to.

Www.bodybuilding.com has some great package deals as well. You can get a Optimum 5 lb bucket whey w 2 lb bucket casein comes w free 90 day supply of optimen multivitamins for about 85 dolla son. << really can't get much better than that.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just had to share the knowledge.
Step your weight up, step your game up.

bodybuilding.com huh? I guess I'll check that one out. Thanks for that knowledge and yes, thank you for stepping up my game. Good looks!!!

^^^ Np... They also have a forum that is packed full of everything you need to know. Also try out dpsnutrition.com
When it comes time to buy compare the prices between both sites and order. Dps has some package deals you just have to look around. The good thing about bodybuilding.com is that all the supplements have reviews. Glad to be of some help.

as odd as it may sound, Amazon actually has great prices on some supplements, just bought two 2lb tubs of ON whey the other day for about $15 each

Here is a set of very informative articles by T-Nation about a study conducted about which exercises were best for each muscle group. I think everyone here will learn a thing or two from these articles.

Although I've always felt my abs being worked when doing chin-ups I was surprised to read that that exercise was rated amongst the best exercises for ab development
pimp.gif

Best Shoulders and Traps Exercises (and explanation of data)

Best Ab Exercises

Best Chest and Triceps Exercises

Best Back and Biceps Exercises

Best Leg, Glute, and Calf Exercises

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

^^^ Np... They also have a forum that is packed full of everything you need to know. Also try out dpsnutrition.com
When it comes time to buy compare the prices between both sites and order. Dps has some package deals you just have to look around. The good thing about bodybuilding.com is that all the supplements have reviews. Glad to be of some help.

This is all very cool, how long has this "bodybuilding.com" been around?

went to the first big party of the year last night and had a couple ppl asking me if i had been working out.

feels good man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

went to the first big party of the year last night and had a couple ppl asking me if i had been working out.

feels good man
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I keep saying I don't care about the physique really... but deep down I damn well want someone to give me the ups haha. I've put on 15 lbs!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom