Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Not even good workouts at this point because I'm so burnt out.
Can't function in regular life because my CNS is fried

Ah that is the worst, I feel your pain. Used to happen to me, luckily my job now is pretty hectic and my other job is physically demanding (ref) so most days I'm too tired to do anything.... giving me a nice day off from the gym
smile.gif

Real talk though, my tris feel like they are about to explode. Can't even do a single push up or dip right now nearly 8 hours after my work out
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by hotshots24

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by hotshots24

Originally Posted by Bay Area shoehead
or you can try increasing your weight... because muscles will only adapt if you give more weight then its used to, so...you know, if you want to take my suggestion, treat it like a bench press or squat and start increasing weight 
eyes.gif
Does anyone else just not do this? I never got the dudes that would the crunch machine

abs-exercises-ab-crunch-machine.gif

With like 80 pounds and still not having visible abs. I'm like
alien.gif

(BTW not trying to take shots at hotshots) Just sharing my thoughts/observations.
Looks wild effective to me.  Like you could see your abs grow if you went heavy.
That movement looks incredibly uncomfrotable to me though 
laugh.gif
, im not a big fan of machines, but i find that front squats help me alot with my core, and if nutrition is on point, MOST people dont even have to focus on ab exercises. agree? agree? 
happy.gif

agreed. i dont really work my abs. but my diet + compound exercises = abs
pimp.gif

I started going to the gym Jan 7 , every day hitting 1000 calorie workout daily . Stopped eating fast food , no sodas, and no alcohol at all . Cut down on a lot of foods. And also drink water now which I rarely did . I came in at 217 down to 197 as of this past Monday . The worst part for me was leaving alcohol which I was drinking a lot on weekends . Want to get down to 170 by April .

Originally Posted by aojmf

I started going to the gym Jan 7 , every day hitting 1000 calorie workout daily . Stopped eating fast food , no sodas, and no alcohol at all . Cut down on a lot of foods. And also drink water now which I rarely did . I came in at 217 down to 197 as of this past Monday . The worst part for me was leaving alcohol which I was drinking a lot on weekends . Want to get down to 170 by April .
good job man! its all discipline and then it becomes a habit, keep it going

I am straight up addicted to going to the gym. 
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I told myself I'd take today off. It's my birthday and I had a crazy stressful day with a dream job interview... supposed to let myself CHILL OUT but it's 9pm and I can't stop myself from heading over....

I'm up to 7 days a week.. intense workout. my body can't handle it... 
tired.gif
I have the same issue. 
Told my girl to take my keys from me. 

I've seen so much progress since I started back up that whenever I'm not in the gym I'm always pushing/pulling/lifting stuff. 

Any of you using a slow cadence (5 seconds up 5 secs down) on your bench ? Ive been doing this (bench, press, rows, curls) for 2 weeks now and feel stronger and think i look a bit bigger but not sure if its the cadence wieghtlifting or just my general workout, food, or rest. What do you guys thing?

^I always did it at lightweight for a warm up on bench..... and sometimes would throw in slow cadence (? I have always called them negatives
laugh.gif
) to curls and rows just to mix things up

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Any of you using a slow cadence (5 seconds up 5 secs down) on your bench ? Ive been doing this (bench, press, rows, curls) for 2 weeks now and feel stronger and think i look a bit bigger but not sure if its the cadence wieghtlifting or just my general workout, food, or rest. What do you guys thing?

Could be man.

I usually 'explode' with each movement.  Meaning each contracting movement, I try to just move the weight as fast as I can, even though I'm not actually moving it fast.

Do what works my brethren.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear
Breakfast: Egg White's, Oatmeal is cool, but they say you shouldnt eat the packets, but eat the oats that come in the tube container....
Lunch: Lunchmeat sandwich's (turkey, roast beef, tuna,chicken salad) no mayo, though, wheat bread..
Workouts: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/tone.html

Hope that helps a little since help is hard to come by in this thread...
dont forget your multi-vitamins, fruits, and veggies!
Thanks fellas.
smokin.gif

Just got around to coming back in here. Slacked off yesterday (BDay) but I'm gonna go harder today.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^I always did it at lightweight for a warm up on bench..... and sometimes would throw in slow cadence (? I have always called them negatives
laugh.gif
) to curls and rows just to mix things up

I love negative work outs.
pimp.gif
I try to throw them in every now and then.

4hr body 
nerd.gif

It's really good if you have a spotter for bench.

you need to make sure you are actually doing 5 seconds, and full range of motion. your weights are obv going to be lower and you wont have as many reps but you need to make sure you absolutely FAIL

works nice with leg press too

so i finally went to the orthopedist. (if anyone remembers my shoulder injury)

i was diagnosed with weightlifters shoulder aka distal clavicular osteolysis.

i had a feeling as soon as i saw the x-ray.

basically i got it from benching too much, too often. lol

no real treatment for this other than surgery, and even then i havent read too many success stories.

ehh...

at this point it's not worth it anymore. if i continue benching, i could potentially worsen the problem and have it interfere with daily life.

ill just do cardio and super light exercises.

im going to miss having my arms fill out my shirts, and my chest protruding though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by aojmf

Good work man!

I always felt winter is the best time to get into shape because it's easier to cut out the extra (beer, bad food) that seems in abundance during the spring/summer.

If people can dedicate themselves for 3 months doing the right things, everyone would see significant progress and there would be freedom to enjoy yourself a couple of times throughout the week once you get to that where point tons of work has been put in.

4hr body 
nerd.gif

It's really good if you have a spotter for bench.

you need to make sure you are actually doing 5 seconds, and full range of motion. your weights are obv going to be lower and you wont have as many reps but you need to make sure you absolutely FAIL

works nice with leg press too
nope i heard the 4hr body recommends only doing 2 sets of 2 excercises every 3 days
eek.gif
grin.gif
. It might work but I wont even break a sweat with that. I'm just concerned about the cadence aspect. it seems to be working for me. I am trying to put on mass so i do no cardio and cadence weight training and it seems to be working. Hopefully soccer season this summer wont deflate me
ohwell.gif

sup guys, just bought the p90x box set. i watched the intro disc and of course as we all kno they gaurantee you'll be "ripped" in 90 days. which you might be IF you are already pretty slim from the jump. (if you ask me, half those people on the intro-disc didnt even need this workout) but my question is: if i finish the 90 day program and im not "ripped" or even close to it for that matter, what should i do then?

Originally Posted by JRodski

sup guys, just bought the p90x box set. i watched the intro disc and of course as we all kno they gaurantee you'll be "ripped" in 90 days. which you might be IF you are already pretty slim from the jump. (if you ask me, half those people on the intro-disc didnt even need this workout) but my question is: if i finish the 90 day program and im not "ripped" or even close to it for that matter, what should i do then?

Re-do the program. Plenty of people do 180 days or more with p90x. If you want fat loss you may want to look into Insanity. It's all cardio.

Buddah- dumbbells dumbbells dumbbells. Just throw any thoughts about achieving some arbitrary number and do those from now on. Or maybe you meant dumbbells messed you up?

Day 4 of P90 done! Today was the Yoga X. It was pretty advanced, but I was able to stay with it for most of the DVD. Definitely got a good sweat in.

I plan to do Day 5 tomorrow, and Day 6 on Saturday and then use Sundays as a rest day.

I will keep you posted tomorrow.

Thanks.

nope i heard the 4hr body recommends only doing 2 sets of 2 excercises every 3 days
eek.gif
grin.gif
. It might work but I wont even break a sweat with that. I'm just concerned about the cadence aspect. it seems to be working for me. I am trying to put on mass so i do no cardio and cadence weight training and it seems to be working. Hopefully soccer season this summer wont deflate me
ohwell.gif

The concept of 4 hours a month workout and maximal growth is based on MED. minimum effective dosage.
if you are actually working 1 set till failure I do believe you will be sweating quite profusely 

I dont think too many people have actually trained until absolute failure

do any of you guys take the gnc amplified wheybolic extreme 60? are you really supposed to use 3 scoops for 12oz of water?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

do any of you guys take the gnc amplified wheybolic extreme 60? are you really supposed to use 3 scoops for 12oz of water?

yeah to get that serving size. 
If you don't really need all that protein then cut it down to 2 scoops or even 1. 

Back
Top Bottom